“Great property, good location but horrible management attitude” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Year End Special!
Ranked #105 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Gurgaon, India
“Great property, good location but horrible management attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Been visiting/ staying in this hotel since 2000 - it was then Le Meriden. After the hotel changed to 'Concorde', it's no longer the same. Front Office staff change frequently; they have no familiarity with returning guests. Eariler in case a room was not available for early check-in, the hotel would provide a shower room so that one could get on with the day's work. Now - "please use the changing rooms at the swimming pool". Earlier, the same facility was available for guest who have checked out on time but had later flights to catch so that they change into travel clothes. Now - "please use the changing rooms at the swimming pool" :-(
When I was checking-in on 29th December morning, the front office lady simply refused to consider a request for an early room. Same happened the last time in October. Granted the hotel may be fully booked, but nothing stopped the lady from simply saying "We cannot commit but we will try ... you can check in an hour or so".
Earlier the hotel used to entertain a late check out request for a couple of hours as a courtesy, sublect to availability. Now, check out till between 1pm and 3pm costs $50!

A few good aspects haven't changed though - Concierge staff are still very helpful; Housekeepers are still diligent and John, the pianist, continues to entertain guests in the evening with his beautiful tunes - though he wasn't there to ring in the new year this time :-( Many old guests missed his usual midnight performance

Room Tip: Ask for an Orchard Road facing room on a higher floor - for a good outside view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
chs-response, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Raj D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience at Concorde Hotel Singapore.

Whilst every effort is made to accommodate all guests’ requests, we are unable to offer any early check-in due to high occupancy at certain times. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

On a positive note, I am glad that our Concierge and Housekeepers were helpful during your stay. Your kind comment about our Pianist, John, is very much appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we sincerely hope to have an opportunity to serve you again at Concorde Hotel Singapore.

Concorde Hotel Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here over New Year and although there was a party in the hotel lobby that went on till 2am, it was New Year. The staff were very helpful and the room was comfortable. The hotel is undergoing some renovation to its exterior but a good place situated in the middle of Orchard rd.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
chs-response, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Ddnguys,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such kind endorsement and we are delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay at Concorde Hotel Singapore.

Do LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter as we update our fans with news and upcoming promotions.

Once again, thank you for choosing us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

After reading the poor and terrible sections of the reviews, I felt compelled to submit my own.
My wife and I travel to Singapore 4 times a year and discovered The Concorde by chance after the regular hotel (5 star) we normally stay at was booked out on a particular requirement date.
I booked it primarily for its location and after our initial experience (2 times now), we have no hesitation to continue to book every visit to Singapore.
We have stayed in several Singapore hotels over the past 2 years and have concluded this is one on of the best value for money hotels we have discovered anywhere.
Its a great location, large rooms, great service.
The room service menu is excellent and has a 11pm to 6am menu which is also very good and not common for 4 star hotels.
My only negative experience was on our last visit when we had to extend our stay another 2 nights and when I went to the reception to confirm, I found the gentleman serving me a little confronting and abrupt when this particular credit card didnt register with their machine. I immediately went back to our room and came back with another, whereupon this time a lady working with the gentleman in question served me who was there the 1st time as well.
The card was fine and her approach was a welcomed difference to my 1st encounter but did nothing to spoil our experience there.
We are booked again in March 2014 and look very forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: There are rooms available with balcony for those who prefer.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
chs-response, Executive Assistant Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear steve f,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are happy to learn that you had a comfortable stay at Concorde Hotel Singapore.

Your kind endorsement about our room, location and service is very much appreciated.

Once again, thank you for choosing us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in March 2014.

John Pang
Executive Assistant Manager
Palmerston North City, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We transited in Singapore and drop off at Concorde Hotel for a night. The hotel is under renovation so the door to Orchard Rd was closed, but it did not affect much. We have no issue with check-in and the rooms were great. Our room rate did not include breakfast, but there are a foodcourt at the B2 level as well as one next to the hotel, so that's okey.

Stayed December 2013
chs-response, Executive Assistant Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear NgoDT,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay at Concorde Hotel Singapore.

Your kind endorsement about our check-in process and room is very much appreciated.

Once again, thank you for choosing us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

John Pang
Executive Assistant Manager
Cavite
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I booked in this hotel because of the tie-up of my training provider with this hotel! I have high expectations as this is a four-star hotel and have thought my 7-day stay will be smooth but after my check-in and unloading of my things and when I was about to sleep, I heard a loud noise coming outside my room. It was coming from a nearby construction drilling. I reported the situation to the reception and afterward, I received several calls. I was told that it was due to the hotel's ongoing construction and that they will transfer me to a suite room on the 9th floor. I told that I need at least 1 hour to repack my luggage and will call them once I am ready to transfer. When I was ready, I called them and was escorted to another room -- not a suite room but just the opposite side that was not affected by construction. I was complaining not because I was not upgraded as promised, but because of their uncaring attitude towards their guests. In the first place, they should not have put guests near a place with ongoing construction. The hotel never mentioned about the ongoing construction neither I was informed of the situation upon check-in.

It was also raining and when I requested for a service umbrella, I was told it was it was all out! One day before my check-out, I learned that they do not allow extension for checkout time; most hotels that I have stayed in usually allow extension of up to an hour on checkout.

I thought this hotel was Four-Star but I think otherwise. I will not stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: To me this hotel care more about the profit than costumer service, if you want stay in Orchard bette...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
chs-response, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Ruwenv,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Concorde Hotel Singapore with us.

We are sincerely concerned about your perception of our hotel, and are sorry to see that we fell short of your expectations. Whilst every effort is made to accommodate all guests’ requests, we are unable to offer any late check-out due to high occupancy at certain times.

On a more positive note, I am glad that our team was responsive to make alternative arrangements quickly and have upgraded you from a Deluxe room to an Executive room, away from the noise pollution as requested.

We have also noted your comments with regards to the on-going upgrading at our driveway. Indeed, we had informed your training provider about our current upgrading project in writing, on 18 July 2013, and a letter has also been placed in all rooms, informing our guest about this upgrading project that includes the installation of escalators at the front of the hotel. Once this project is completed by the first quarter of 2014, our guests will enjoy the option of having direct access from level 1 on Orchard Road to the hotel lobby on level 3.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Singapore and allow us the opportunity to serve you better.

Leo Llambi
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Advantages - good location , 5 min walking from subway (sommerset), nice service, big and clean rooms, crowded area around (lots if restaurants and shops), big shopping mall is opposite
Disadvantages - no one window opens!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
chs-response, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Denis U,

Thank you so much for your taking your time to share your experience with us.

We are delighted to learn that you’ve enjoyed your stay at Concorde Hotel Singapore. Your kind comments about our service, location and rooms are very much appreciated.

We do have dedicated smoking areas within the Hotel premises, such as the level 3 driveway area and the balcony in all our Executive rooms. We try our best to provide our guests the utmost comfort and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was the cheapest hotel with amazing location and amazing rooms. Beware that the external building view is very unappealing, however inside the Hotel was perfect. The rooms were spacious and elegant. All staff was very friendly. The Location is the best part of this hotel situated right on Orchard Road.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
chs-response, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear danis467,

Your kind endorsement about our location, room and Hosts is very much appreciated.

Leo Llambi
Concorde Hotel Singapore

Been to Concorde Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!