Before leaving on our 20 night holiday, my wife and I decided to spend our last 3 nights in Singapore at a nice hotel, and because we were after somewhere that rated highly and was located amongst the shopping centres and restaurants, we decided on the Pan Pacific - and it turned out to be a great choice.
As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by staff asking us how we were and how our flight was, and were personally directed to the checking in counter. My wife and I got our times mixed up and were trying to check in at 2pm, whereas the check in time is actually 3pm, but the hotel didn't mind us arriving early - we were still able to get a balcony room on the 12th floor - all they had to do was get house keeping to join two single beds together and remake the bed.
Our room had a fantastic view of the bay, the Merlion, financial district skyline and the Flyer and the room was also located in a way that no one would walk past your room unless they were specifically coming to our room, so our privacy was well looked after. And with the elevator access limited to room card holders only, our security was also well looked after.
At night there was always a cabaret singer and/or pianist in the lounge on the ground floor and their voices and music would float up through the floors above and make the experience quite pleasant. And although you could hear the music once in our room, it was only audible when we were standing at the door or in the bathroom.
The room itself was very spcious with lots of storage area, a decent sized desk and comfy chair, big flat screen TV with 40 odd channels and the bathroom had a separate toilet door, a shower area with double shower heads and an ottoman to boot. There were also a lot of spare towels, so there was never a need to ask house keeping for extra towels whenever the wife wanted to wash her hair. The blinds to block out the light did exactly that - blocked out the light. The blinds are remote controlled and you can choose to have the heavy blind down to block all the light, or you can lower the lace blind to let in sunlight but give yourself some privacy during the day. The bed, although joined at the middle, was very comfortable and big and the room also came with dressing robes, slippers and a safe.
We didn't use any of the facilities or restaurants at the hotel because there were so many other places to eat and shop around the hotel. We had a choice of Marina Square, Suntec City and also Citylink (which also leads to the MRT) to spend time in and the cost of a taxi from the hotel to anywhere around the island was always very cheap.
On our last night, we wanted to know where we could keep our luggage for a couple of hours (and do some last minute shopping), because checkout time was 12 noon and we weren't leaving for the airport until 2pm. Without being asked, Mar (who was working the desk) simply extended our checkout time till 2pm the next day, which made things a lot more simpler for us. It gave us a chance to run around all morning, then freshen up before heading out to the airport.
My wife and I would love to stay at the Pan Pacific again, but because we like to stay in Singapore for weeks at a time, it becomes a costly exercise to stay in such comfort and style for the duration of our visit. Yes, it is an expensive hotel, but it's well worth it and money well spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marina Bay and Singapore's Central Business District, Pan Pacific Singapore provides newly-renovated rooms and suites with panoramic views of the city skyline. Linked via skybridge to three shopping malls and Suntec City Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre, guests will be surrounded by iconic attractions within walking distance including the ArtScience Museum, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay integrated resort and Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Leisure and business travellers will enjoy a superb choice of dining, entertainment and cultural atractions. Within the hotel, 6 signature award-winning restaurants, an outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre offer options to dine and unwind at. The Promenade mrt station located within five minutes' walking distance offers utmost convenience and connectivity to the city and a complimentary weekday shuttle bus operates around the Marina Bay Financial Centre route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pan Pacific Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Pan Pacific