We stayed here for two nights on our way to Australia, and requested two rooms next to each other for our family requirements. On arrival (mid afternoon, so after check in time) after a long fight from Europe, we were advised the hotel could not offer two rooms immediately, as only one room was ready for occupation. The girl handling our check-in suggested we all went to the first room together to wait, and a second room would be available within 5-10 minutes, with the keys being sent up to us in the first room. We waited about 45 minutes before my husband had to go downstairs to enquire what was causing the delay. We ended up eventually with two rooms a few rooms apart, which wasn't a problem for us, but would have been if our family had been younger and requiring supervision. The rooms were comfortable and well equipped, although we found the air conditioning quite ferocious - this can be adjusted in the room.
We had breakfast in the "eating theatre" on both mornings, which was included in the package. We thought the restaurant was understaffed on both days, especially the second morning. I waited for 15 minutes in line for a fresh squeezed juice, before giving up due to no movement in the queue. There was one girl juicing and one guy serving, but people were asking for 3 or 4 juices each, presumably for the whole family, so progress was very slow. Ditto for the hot food bar - my son waited while the person in front of him ordered 6 omelettes, each of which was cooked individually. It's lovely to have freshly prepared food, but more staff are required if they are going to meet guest demands in a timely manner. It was difficult to attract staff attention for coffee and tea, especially for refills, which didn't seem to exist. We gave up asking for second cups. Luckily there is a kettle in the rooms!
Breakfast finishes at 10.30am, and we noticed on both mornings, the staff start packing away just after 10am. If you want fresh fruit, get in quickly! I asked the guy on the fruit bar for some berries at 10.15, and was given some blueberries, but everything else had already been put into plastic containers for storing in the fridge. The same thing happened with all the breads and condiments. If you want breakfast, go early or accept it will be very busy and slow.
We received excellent service from the lovely staff in the foyer bar, and our checkout was efficient and prompt. We were assisted very well with our excessive amount of luggage, and a maxi taxi was organised very promptly.
Overall we thought the hotel was comfortable but expensive for the service received, and we were disappointed with the shortcomings in the breakfast room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marina Bay and Singapore's Central Business District, Pan Pacific Singapore provides newly-renovated rooms and suites with panoramic views of the city skyline. Linked via skybridge to three shopping malls and Suntec City Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre, guests will be surrounded by iconic attractions within walking distance including the ArtScience Museum, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay integrated resort and Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Leisure and business travellers will enjoy a superb choice of dining, entertainment and cultural atractions. Within the hotel, 6 signature award-winning restaurants, an outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre offer options to dine and unwind at. The Promenade mrt station located within five minutes' walking distance offers utmost convenience and connectivity to the city and a complimentary weekday shuttle bus operates around the Marina Bay Financial Centre route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Cheap Tickets, HRS, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Pan Pacific Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Pan Pacific