“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Singapore

You added Pan Pacific Singapore to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Singapore
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Raffles Boulevard | Marina Square, Singapore 039595, Singapore   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Advance Purchase package
Ranked #8 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Spent one night in this hotel last week and wish I could have stayed longer. The design and comfort is amazing, both in the main area and in the bedrooms. The location is great too. My only complain would be regarding the lack of efficiency around check-in and check-out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
PanPacificSG, Director of Marketing at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Mangokil,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and our convenient location in Marina Bay.

To address your concerns in regard to the check-in and check-our process, I am happy to share that we have recently restructured our lobby configuration in order to facilitate a more seamless arrival and departure experience. Additionally, we’d also like to recommend making use of our Express Check-out Service which is a fast and convenient alternative. Simply review your final bill on your in-room television before visiting the Express Check-out Counter in the lobby. Once there, fill in an Express Check-out Form with your particulars and drop it into the Express Check-out Box along with your room key card. The form will be processed within 24 hours and a soft copy of the bill will be sent to the email indicated on the form.

We appreciate your time taken to write this review and hope to welcome you back soon.

Director of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Coleford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

just spent two bights at the hotel the pool is great the rooms are large and so up market staff are lovely and its so peaceful and lovely would so recommend it to everybody. will come again. Food in the bar was good and in a great location

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear walliemydog,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor, I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and enjoyed a peaceful stay. Thank you for highlighting our rooms, pool and the culinary selection at Atrium. I appreciate your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back once again.

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We were looking forward to the Pacific Club experience, and when I received an email from the PC staff asking for our arrival details to ensure someone would meet us at the door I was more than hopeful for a bit of luxury & service. Except no one met us at arrival. That's ok, we found the PC check in & were treated a glass of bubbles & things looked back on track. We checked the type of room we were booked into, and the reservation details were wrong, so I suspect we received a room only used when everything else is gone. I had asked for a view and were assigned a room looking directly on to a building site. The hostess blamed booking.com for not receiving the request for bed configuration.
The PC room was very small, with just enough room for the two beds & a couch. Ths became unmanageable when we ordered room service really. There was plenty of storage space though. Bathroom was ok, but nothing to write home about. During our stay the bathroom wasn't cleaned properly, and cups were left uncleared as was the shower. Not even close to 4 star service.
We had an allowance of 2 articles of laundry each day. Pick up was good and result was good.
The Pacific Club room is charming, and circles around the outside of the building providing great views of Marina Bay and surrounds. The food was ok, but the chef puts really weird combinations of food out that doesn't always work well together. Options were limited, there were some nice morsels on offer. Nothing fabulous though.
Every night I settled on having the Mumms Rose Champagne, because the choice of wine was pitiful. There was usually 3star Aussie still wine on offer, but never a choice, so it became all a bit like going through the motions, and frankly this was the attitude of staff as well. Our waiter had a tendency to the arrogant side, and I gave up trying to have a conversation with home about the wines on offer, because it was clear he often provides incorrect information thinking his guests ate uneducated wine drinkers. A minor thing but it becomes annoying after a few nights.
Given the limited choices in the PC, we decided to have brekky in the Edge restaurant & weren't disappointed. 7 stations of food was on offer, & all of it good quality. This was probably the best buffet I've had in 10 years. The fruit was fresh & sweet, the minutes steak rare, the eggs done fresh & to our liking. The tea & coffee was not good though,and difficult to come by. When the brekky was so good, we decided to give the dinner a go. We were told the seafood buffet was to be on offer the following night, so we asked to be booked in. As guests of the hotel who booked I was expecting a seat with a view by the window. When we arrived, we were told the meat menu was on, not the seafood. Tired after a long day of site seeing, we decided to stay, and were ushered to our table stuck in the middle of the restaurant right next to one of the kitchens. No view available. So what's the point of staying in the hotel & making a booking if you end up with the worst table in the room? We negotiated a better spot facing the atrium which is quite something to look at from above. We were told tea & coffee was included but I couldn't get anyone to provide a jug of milk for over an hour, so my tea bag tea went cold, with no more on offer. Food was good, and again there was plenty of variety. Service at the food stations was also very good.
Brekky day 3 we opted for room service which was also part of our package. We checked with the dining concierge the night befor to make sure we could have this & we were informed we could choose anything from the breakfast menu. She we tried to do this, there was much negotiation with the room service staff. When the food arrived (much nicer than PC food), I was presented with a bill. I explained again that the brekky was part of the package & I was told it was acknowledgement only. So I indicated on the docket that the amount to from was nil. Later when we checked the room bill on our TV the food had been charged to the room. Yet another phone call & more negotiation was required to have our package honoured. Frankly, we buy these packages for a huge premium to ensure a smooth unhindered stay that provides a bit of luxury & plenty of choice. We do this when we are really tired & in need of a moment to just stop & relax. In our experience having been to Singapore a few times, this is usually a great place to do it. Not other people have offered us such hospitality in the past. Not this time, and not in tanks hotel.
The best service we received was on checkout. We had been allowed to stay in our room until 6pm because our flight was 2am departure. The checkout people seemed to understand our every need & happily arranged for baggage storage & a taxi on pick up. Excellent service at last, but too late for me to even think about a return to this hotel, or recommend others who are looking for that bit extra to stay. V average.

Room Tip: I didn't see the other rooms, but be warned that the hotel website I'd deceptive. The PC twi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
PanPacificSG, Director of Marketing at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Sangii,

Thank you for sharing your comments as your valuable feedback is essential in our continuous efforts to improve our service standards and facilities. I am disappointed to hear that your recent stay was not up to expectations and would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the frustration that this has caused.

While I am glad that you found the Pacific Club charming and enjoyed the 360-degree views of Marina Bay, I regret to learn that you were disappointed by the Pacific Club experience and that the culinary offerings there were not to your taste. We strive to offer a unique variety of cuisine at the Pacific Club to satisfy the different preferences of our guests and the presentations are refreshed daily to ensure a varied selection. Additionally, our wines are selected to highlight a range of vintages from within the Pacific Rim and it is disappointing to learn that you did not enjoy this particular Australian selection.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the room you stayed in, while we try our best to fulfill the requests from our guests in regard to their room preferences, this becomes challenging with a full hotel as we try our best to meet the expectations of all guests. I apologise we were unable to fulfill your request during your stay, but allow me to assure you that we take pride in all our rooms and do not consider any of them to be backup options.

We have also taken note of your feedback regarding our associates and we will immediately look into addressing this issue. At Pan Pacific Singapore, we strive to provide positive and memorable experiences for our guests and will continue to conduct the necessary training to achieve this.

In regard to your experience at Edge, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the culinary presentations there as we aim to present a wide variety of Pacific cuisine. However, I would like to apologise for the miscommunication over seafood night; Hooked @ Edge is available every Wednesday and Thursday evening and we have advised our associates to be more precise when communicating this information. We try our best to seat guests according to their preferences, however, this becomes challenging when the restaurant is at high occupancy. At Edge, a live theatre restaurant, many of our guests enjoy the views of the kitchen although we apologise that this was not to your liking.

Once again, I apologise for the disappointment you experienced during your stay and would like to invite you to write to us at gcc.sin@panpacific.com in order for us to better investigate your experience. Your feedback is important to us and we will certainly be taking immediate action to address our findings. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to recover your impression of Pan Pacific Singapore.

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stayed here with my partner on her birthday. We were very well looked after amd loved having access to the Pacific Club, which was a fantastic spot to have breakfast from. Will definitely stay here next time in Singapore.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Wilks14,

Thank you for celebrating this special occasion with us and a very happy belated birthday to your partner. I am glad to hear that your Pacific Club experience was a positive one and hope you enjoyed the 360-degree view while savouring Champagne breakfast. Thank you once again for your kind compliments and we look forward to your next visit.

Selangor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is the worst experience I have with Pan Pacific. The room is unclean with hair strands around the desk, bathroom and on the towel. The housekeeping needs to conduct a thorough cleaning. The hair dryer is not working too. Housekeeping came over and inspect the hair dryer for 5 mins and then decide to change one for me. This is an exceptionally bad experience! Hope the management can improve the room cleanliness and customer experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Dear Jo C,

Thank you for sharing your comments as your valuable feedback is essential in our continuous efforts to improve our service standards and facilities. I regret to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations and on behalf of the hotel team, would like to extend my most sincere apologies.

We have taken note of your feedback regarding room cleanliness and will immediately look into addressing this issue with our Housekeeping team. At Pan Pacific Singapore, we strive to provide positive and memorable experiences for our guests and will continue to conduct the necessary training to achieve this.

We have reached out directly to you through email to resolve this issue and sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to recover your impression of Pan Pacific Singapore.

Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights before continuing our journey to Bali. We had a free room upgrade as we were on our up honeymoon which was absolutely lovely. Our room overlooked the Singapore flyer, Marina Bay, and lots of other hotels/skyscrapers.

The staff were all extremely polite and welcoming. Gave us a map of the city and you could get a taxi to anywhere just outside the door. The location was excellent, the hotel has it's own personal door to a mall!!

The swimming pool is amazing, especially after a busy day in the Asian heat! It was never too busy, always got a sun lounger without any problems at all and you get given a towel and ice cold bottle of water every time you arrived at the pool.

The hotel itself is spectacular, it's huge! We only ate in it once as unfortunately we found the food very expensive, however the food standard was high and had lots to offer so really depends if you fancy splashing out or not.

Free wifi and the rooms were all air con and had black out blinds (perfect for jet lag)!

Overall the hotel was incredible, the location and swimming pool did it for me! The only reason I'm not giving a 5 out of 5 is the cost of food within the hotel I found a little too expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear EK123456,

Congratulations on your recent nuptials and thank you for celebrating your honeymoon with us, we are delighted to have been part of this happy occasion. It was our pleasure to arrange the room upgrade and I am glad that you enjoyed the views of the Singapore Flyer and Marina Bay.

I am happy to hear that you made use of the complimentary Wi-Fi, swimming pool and our convenient location in Marina Bay which are all key highlights of the hotel. I appreciate your kind compliments about the culinary offerings at Edge and for future visits, would like to recommend enjoying the 30% privilege extended to in-house guests for dinner at all our hotel-operated restaurants and bar including Edge, Hai Tien Lo, Keyaki, Atrium, Poolside and Pacific Marketplace.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back for your next big celebration.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed here a couple of times and its pretty good, with no major issues

Location is great and never had issues getting a taxi

Great pool, great gym, good breakfast, nice rooms

Lifts a little slow in peak times
Internet OK

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Benjamin S,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and for your continued support by choosing to stay with us when you visit Singapore. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms, accessible location in Marina Bay and 24-hour gym.

Your feedback regarding our guest lifts is well-noted, we are aware of this challenge, particularly at peak hours in the mornings and we thank you for your patience as we address this technical challenge.

Thank you once again and we sincerely hope to welcome you back again during your next visit to Singapore.

Director of Marketing

Been to Pan Pacific Singapore? Share your experiences!