“Superb in Singapore” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Singapore

You added Pan Pacific Singapore to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Singapore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Raffles Boulevard | Marina Square, Singapore 039595, Singapore (Marina Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Pacific Club Privileges
Ranked #9 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney
“Superb in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a hotel that does the small things right. Very friendly and efficient check in and welcome, plenty of restaurants and bars, great pool area.
We had a club room on the 35th floor, rooms are not overly large but they're nicely done out with wifi and wired access, complementary water and a late check. It also has a small dressing area with two sinks and a bath/shower. Ideally I would prefer to have a separate shower rather than have to climb in the bath, but its not big an issue. You have access tithe club room on the 38th floor, but for breakfast Edge restaurant has a huge choice of styles and foods.
The bar area in the lobby is a good meeting place and the front door staff are brilliant - friendly and funny, but also very efficient.
Overall it has a character and intimacy that the huge resorts like the horrible Marina Bay Sands (stayed once, never to go back) could never hope to achieve, a really enjoyable place to stay that is comfortable, a little luxurious and easy to get around. A top hotel made better by the staff

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear colandmaz,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore as your preferred choice and we are most delighted that you have enjoyed a great hotel experience with us. Pan Pacific Singapore prides itself in creating memorable hotel experiences through having great relationships with our guests. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (893)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in January, the rooms are large with great treats and luxury toiletries. Really quiet but just off the main orchard road which is great for shopping and people watching. The bar in the hotel makes amazing cocktails and the hubby was pleased to get premier league football in the hotel room for free too.... Can't fault it...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nicola459,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are glad that you have enjoyed a memorable hotel experience with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future!

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Pan Pacific is in a perfect location for shopping, exploring the city and leisure.
We stayed for 2 nights as 1st hotel of a Far-East holiday. Check-in was effecient and the Service Manager saw us to the lifts and told us to call her if we had any problems - great service throughout.
Bedrooms are very modern with automatic blinds, tea/coffee making facilities, UK plugs, wonderful rain shower, good choice of TV and free Wi-Fi. Very comfortable bed & spotlessly clean. We stayed on the 25th floor in a Panoramic Room (got a free upgrade!). The view of the city was great!
The lobby is spectacular and although drinks are not cheap (approx £10 for a glass of wine) it is cheaper than some other hotels in Singapore!
Breakfast was excellent - biggest choice of food I've ever seen in a hotel and it was not too busy whenever we went
Would highly recommend this hotel for business or leisure

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KatieHSurrey,

It is such a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed the stay very much and we thank you for appreciating our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences for our guests. Taking your positive feedback on board, we will continue to seek for improvement. We look forward to welcoming you again for another Refreshing Pacific experience in the not too distant future.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am a frequent traveller to Singapore and have been staying in various 5 stars hotel in Singapore for business. I found my first stay in Pan Pac a very pleasant in experience. in fact I went back there the following week as I like the stay so much. The hotel location is very central. It is next to the Marina shopping center which has many shops, restaurants and food court for taste of local food. Short walk will take you to the Marina bay, Esplanade which is very pleasant for walk after dinner. It is also near Suntec city.

The room is very spacious, bright and pleasantly decorated. Bed is comfortable. Service from all staff are good. I reckon this hotel has one of the best breakfast in town not just in term of variety but also quality. I also enjoy the drinks at the ground floor lounge Atrium. Very beautifully set up. Highly recommend this hotel for business or leisure.

Dear HappyfeetAustralia,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore and we are most pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us. Thank you for recognising our effort by sharing your GREAT review here on TripAdvisor. The team and I are certainly looking forward to having you back for memorable hotel experiences in the near future.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My business partner and I stayed here 11-14th March 2013 in room 2410 (Harbour suite). Fabulous views from a huge picture window. The room was spacious with an office desk, fridge, bar, fabulous bathroom and the best pillows and comfortable beds I have ever come across. This hotel was opened 24 years ago and has recently had a S100 million refurbishment, They closed for 5 and half months to do this. We made use of the Priviledge Members room a the very top on the 38th floor (outside glass lifts with stunning vistas of the Big Eye and the Marina Bay building with what looks like a huge ship on top of it). The service, the smiling waiters, quality of presentation, they couldnt be more helpful. Right through the hotel, it was a pleasure to stay and we hardly set foot outside. This is luxury and all I can say is Wow ! (Best hotel we have ever stayed in to date).

Room Tip: we had room 2410 which is an end building room - called the Harbour Suites - if there is any better...
Dear Malabar,

What a pleasure to learn of your GREAT stay experience and we are most grateful for your appreciation towards our effort in providing excellent service and facility. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore certainly looks forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was visiting Singapore for the 3rd time and staying just 1 night prior to a Cruise. I previously had stayed at the Ritz Carleton Hotel but whilst checking Trip Advisor I noted that the Pan Pacific was undergoing a major renovation. I thought it might be a change to stay in a Hotel which was newly renovated and with a different feel to the Ritz.
I was impressed with the online photo’s which showed clean modern lines the hotel however was just in the stages of reopening. I was concerned by a few reviewers commented on the fact the work was incomplete and that there was some noise and dust from on-going work. Some reviews remarked that they had experienced delays in checking in and a few other minor problems. When reading these reviews I noted that Jennifer Wong responded to the issues.

I wanted to be sure that the work would be completed by late November so emailed Jennifer Wong expressing my concerns. Her response was swift and I was impressed by her open friendly style of response her first comment being “Call me Jennifer” She assured me that whilst there had been some problems due to the soft opening the work was now complete and I should not have any problems.

Reassured by this I made a reservation and emailed Jennifer back to inform to her. I was travelling with my SIL and Jennifer asked me to email her with our details Flight no’s Passport No’s DOB etc. I assumed that this was to facilitate the check in process.

I emailed Jennifer the weekend prior to my trip and she replied saying that she had upgraded us to a Harbour view room with a balcony. I was delighted.

On arrival at the Hotel I was surprised when Jennifer met me at the taxi and introduced herself. She was friendly and efficient and I liked her immensely. The check in process was very swift and I merely had to sign my name.

Even though it was only 08 30hrs my room was ready and Jennifer proceeded to take me to my room. She told me that the General Manager Scott Swank had further upgraded us to one of their new Harbour Studios. These studios were rooms previously with Balcony with Marina view and during the renovation they had closed the balcony creating a lovely large room. She also informed me that she and Mr Swank wanted us to enjoy our stay and had also affording us the use of the Club Lounge facilities. I had not been looking or expecting any favours but nevertheless I was delighted.

Our room was on the 24th floor. First impression on entering the room was of the magnificent view. The room was large and really luxurious. The décor was tasteful and the soft furnishings were lovely soft muted colours.
There were 2 very comfortable single beds a coffee bar with stools and a lovely chaise longue. A large desk as well as desk chairs all which were very comfortable a lovely room to relax and enjoy the views.
There was an excellent coffee machine, fruit, chocolates, biscuits and a hand written note of welcome from Mr Swank a very nice touch.

Jennifer gave me a tour of the room demonstrating how everything worked. The bathroom was beautiful with a glass wall between it and the bedroom. There is an automatic blind which can be closed for privacy. I loved the free standing double ended deep bath. I don’t often take a bath but I could not resist. The toiletries were Elemis a really luxury brand. There was a large walk in shower which had rainfall and several other shower heads. Wash basin again very modern and plentiful soft luxurious towels I loved it!

Jennifer then took me up to the Club Lounge. She introduced me to the Chef and the waiting/bar staff. The staff were wonderful really making us feel so welcome and the service was first class. The Lounge is a beautiful circular room with wonderful 360 views. I was able to see Raffles Hotel where I had enjoyed Afternoon Tea on a previous visit to Singapore. There was a mix of sofa’s comfortable armchairs and also lovely tables with chairs making it very comfortable to eat.

Drinks were available including champagne wine and spirits as well as beers soft drinks and hot and cold beverages. Food was available over breakfast lunch and of course in the evening.
I had breakfast of some delicious little pancakes with cream and fruit compote and very welcome coffee. Jennifer had told me that afternoon tea was available and that there was a cocktail hour from 6pm. Unfortunately I didn’t take advantage as I did a little shopping and had a short rest as I had been travelling overnight.

Jennifer said she would like to welcome Eileen and that we should meet in the Club Lounge at 6.15pm. Eileen was flying in from Perth and due to arrive at 5.30pm. However Jennifer said that the flight was delayed by 30 minutes.

Whilst Jennifer and I were waiting for Eileen’s arrival numerous people were arriving. Jennifer told me that there was Pan Pacific event that evening and she introduced me to Mr Swank. I thanked him for his hospitality and for our upgrades. Several other General Managers arrived and I was introduced to them by Mr Swank. He remarking that I had stayed at the Ritz Carlton previously. I was asked why I had chosen to stay at the PP and I said it really down to my contact with Jennifer prior to making my booking.

Eileen’s arrival was delayed and I said to Jennifer that she should go but she insisted on waiting to meet Eileen. When Eileen arrived she too was impressed with Jennifer we both thanked her and we were very pleased to have met her.

Eileen was very pleased with our room. We went to the Club Lounge where we enjoyed some refreshments some hot and cold snacks which were delicious. The staff made us feel very welcome and explained what was available. They were both courteous affording us the highest standard of service and always with a smile. The room was very quiet with only one other person present. A lovely relaxed space indeed.

We enjoyed a drink at the bar downstairs before retiring to our room for the night. After a fitful sleep we awoke in the morning refreshed.

Our booking included breakfast in the Edge Restaurant and we decided to eat at around 8.30am. We were welcomed to the restaurant and given a choice of tables. Our Waiter explained the many choices for breakfast and this was extensive. I have forgotten just how many different stations there were.

I remarked that the room was quite airy and we were immediately offered a pashmina by our waiter. When he brought them I noted that they looked and felt as though they had been laundered. This was a first for me and again I was impressed.

Jennifer had said that to allow an hour for breakfast and whilst I just had continental style breakfast we relaxed and enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant. The service was excellent and once again PP more than met our expectation.

We decided to go to the Ship for around 12pm and our bags were taken to the lobby by a lovely young man again with a fantastic smile. The checkout was swift with no delay whatsoever. We were escorted to a taxi by a member of Guest Relations. Our bags appeared as if by magic and we were sorry that our stay at the PP had been so short.

The Pan Pacific is a beautiful hotel which has obviously undergone an excellent renovation programme. For me even more important was the welcome we received and the standard of service provided throughout the Hotel. My opinion was that the staff were proud of their hotel and rightly so.

I would like to commend Jennifer who is a wonderful Ambassador for the Pan Pacific and I wish her well in her continuing career there. To Mr Swank and his staff my thanks and well done EVERYONE!

Review of Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore 22nd November 2012
Exceptional Hotel Treated like a VIP
Thanks especially to Jennifer Wong

This was a truly memorable stay. We were sorry that we had such a short time there. I would certainly recommend the PP and I do hope to stay there again if and when I visit Singapore.

The restaurant was quite airy and I decided to go to our room for a cardigan. Our waiter told us that shawls were available. This was a first for me and he came back with 2 pashmina’s While I was at the buffet I remarked to a lady that I have been feeling a bit chilly and I told her that the waiter had provided us with the pashmina’s. She remarked now that is service. She is absolutely correct. Everyone and everywhere we met in the hotel provided us with the highest standard of service and always with a great smile.
Jennifer has said to allow an hour for breakfast and we did this. Not eating such a great deal but enjoying the ambiance of the restaurant. We wished we had more time to enjoy the hotel and we do hope we will be able to do so at a later date.
We decided to go to the Ship for around 12pm when we called for assistance with our bags once again a charming young man with a wonderful smile took them to reception for us. We went to reception just before we left the hotel. We were immediately escorted to a taxi where our bags appeared as if by magic.
This was a truly memorable stay and I would absolutely choose Pan Pacific when and if I am in Singapore again. It a beautiful hotel but for me even more than this was the wonderful welcome we received. The standard of the service we received was second to none. I did feel like a VIP. I would like to thank all of the staff especially Mr Swank and most of all Jennifer Wong. Jennifer is a wonderful ambassador for the Pan Pacific and I wish her well in her on going career with Pan Pacific.

Room Tip: A Marina view from a high floor. The Harbour Studio's are lovely The Club Lounge experience wou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear keela,

It was certainly our pleasure to have you and Eileen as our guest and I am most delighted to learn of your GREAT review here on TripAdvisor! Pan Pacific Singapore prides itself in creating memorable hotel experiences through having great relationships with our guests. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts. I trust your commendations will spur them to continuously strive towards excellence. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Filo5
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed in hotel club rooms with access to the club floor at 38th floor
Service is excellent throughout the hotel without exception.
First room I got on 35th floor was very noisy, there was some pump at one floor up starting periodically and making sleeping impossible. Then I changed to 32nd floor but got a room with interconnecting door. The interconnecting doors have very poor noise insulation and I heard everything that happened in the next room. Fortunately the guest next door checked out next night and then everything was excellent.
Rooms are quite modern and clean.
Nice pool area, though very small pool.
Good gym.

Room Tip: Do not accept interconnecting doors unless you are using the next room. Club rooms at 35th floor c...
Dear filo5,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am regretful to learn of your less than desirable experience with the noise disruption. Taking your experience on board, we will be sure to seek for improvement where necessary. Nonetheless, it is a relief that the room facility and the level of service was up to your satisfaction. The team and I will look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Been to Pan Pacific Singapore? Share your experiences!