“renovated, chic, but at a cost” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Singapore

Save Saved
You added Pan Pacific Singapore to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Singapore
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Raffles Boulevard | Marina Square, Singapore 039595, Singapore   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast on us
Ranked #6 of 291 hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“renovated, chic, but at a cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have liked this hotel for a number of years -- friendly, convenient, comfortable but not opulent, and not as expensive as most at the 5 star end of town. It is now newly renovated. The foyer is very chic (but designed by someone who has never worked standing up behind a desk: the staff will all have back pain before long). The rooms much the same as before (very pleasant), but with renewed electronics. Instructions on paper for the phone would have been good... I could not figure out how to make an International call, and the guy on the switch was none too sure either.. But the Club is now brilliant: an entire floor, comfortable, spacious, great views (the previous version was cramped , albeit always friendly). The staff tend to get a bit lost in it due to its circular layout, though: my poached eggs on toast took more than ten minutes to find me, by which time it was egg, singular, on bread. The evening cocktails are lovely, but expect to wait, and wait, and wait, for a drink refill. And, of course, the refurb means it can no longer be classed as a bargain. But overall -- I like it, like the friendliness and lack of hassle, and will keep coming back; if nothing else, to get that second poached egg.

The Japanese restaurant, by the way, remains unchanged, and is very good, but hardly the star other reviews would suggest. It was nice, as a single diner, to be offered some magazines to read. But they were three-four years old: time for an update.

Room Tip: Club experience is now very good indeed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

3,477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have stayed in Pan Pacific twice. In both occasions it has been a pleasure.
Both times we have used the American Express special deal where you get the 4th night for free when you pay for 3 nights.

This hotel is located in the Marina area, where there are lots of shopping and restaurant options.
You can walk right from the lobby to the endless tunnels under the streets of Singapore and pop-up in on of the huge shopping complexes. You don't even have to take a step outdoors.

Rooms of this hotel are adequate in size and more functional than luxury. Hotel is a quite tall building and therefore you will end up spending quite a lot of time in elevators or in front of them waiting for one. Not bad though, there are plenty of them.

The swimming pool area is basic but nice and the service there is very attentive. Size of the pool is quite big and there seems to always be enough sunbeds for everyone.
Next to the pool was also a tennis court which is not usual in the middle of Singapore.

We didn't use the restaurants of the hotel so cannot comment on them, but there is a really good choice of food close by, for all budgets.
Remember to eat at least once in one of the hawker centers while in Singapore. The food is really good for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a Marina view room. May cost you extra though...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Pekkis_fin,

I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed memorable hotel experiences with us. Your positive feedback is certainly encouraging for our team to continuously strive towards improvement upon our current service and facility. We look forward to welcoming you again for more refreshing Pacific Experiences.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The rooms are very clean and big. The pool is on 4th floor and a bit windy there. The restaurant on the last floor is superb. We ate again and again there. Must try it. The japanise restaurant is so so and overprices.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear poli_bunny,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the stay with us. In particular, thank you for your compliment towards Hai Tien Lo Restaurant. We look forward to back you to the newly transformed Pan Pacific Singapore soon.

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Pan Pacific from Oct 28th till Nov 3rd, 2012..
The check-in was smooth and was allowed to check-in early and the staff did not create any problem. The staff ushered me to the room and I did not have any problem to find my room.
The rooms are very comfortable and has everything that’s required both by a business traveller and a holidayer. They are impeccable clean and the pillows are great..
When I asked for newspaper and some a shaving razor from the housekeeping staff.. it was delivered in time. Also, when I ordered food it always got delivered in time.
The breakfast in the coffee shop was quite a good experience. I never felt unattended too and there was always someone there at beck and call.
Since I was attending a conference, I was in their ball room for 3 days. Here too the service was very good.
However, I had the following problems:
- Despite reminding everyday, my newspaper never got delivered in time,
- On one instance they missed my wakeup call.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear DebuDeb,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore as your preferred hotel and I am pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the stay with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort and we look forward to welcoming you for another memorable hotel experience soon!

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We chose the Pan Pacific for our wedding anniversary staycation, with our two-month old newborn in tow. We wanted to experience the hotel after the recent renovations. The hotel seemed to know that we've stayed before and emailed me to find out if we had any special requests. A baby bathtub was easily arranged via email and waiting for us in the hotel room when we arrived. Fantastic! Breakfast was truly an extravagant affair at The Edge with mind-boggling variety, although probably a little pricey if you don't have it included in your package. We encountered true genuine warmth from all the staff, especially Sunny at the hotel reception (who arranged for a little welcome surprise for us upon finding out we were spending our anniversary), Diaz at The Edge restaurant (he shared his joy about his own little girl when he saw our baby) and the rather elderly gentleman (didn't manage to get his name) at the dim sum station of The Edge who so very kindly helped carry my food to my table when he saw me with a baby slung across my shoulder.
For mothers who have babies with them, the fridge in the room is cool enough to store expressed breast milk for a few days, but definitely not cold enough to freeze an ice pack for use in a portable milk carrier bag. We got around that by requesting for ice and some salt (which was delivered promptly to us in our room without delay).
This is the first time we've travelled out of home with our little one and we're glad to have chosen the Pan Pacific. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room with balcony on the eleventh floor which faced Marina Bay. Although the view of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear redoxsim,

It was our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests to the newly transformed Pan Pacific Singapore. I am delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay and, in particular, that of your compliment towards Sunny, Diza, and the Chef. Thank you for recognising our effort in creating memorable hotel experience and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Middlesex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nice facilities at the hotel and the breakfast was excellent. Really enjoyed it here and the kids loved it to. Walking distance to most attractions in Singapore including Raffles hotel. A bit on the pricy side but it is Singapore after all. Rooms were nice and spacious.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Grafix,

What a pleasure to learn that you and your family had a memorable hotel experience with us! We love to have another opportunity to welcome you and your family for an enriching & refreshing Pacific Experience soon!

Darwin, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Maybe we were expecting way too much after our experience with another Pan Pacific Hotel in China... this hotel might have gone a major refurbishment recently, but they have a long, long and long way to go for being a proper hotel. It looks good on the surface, but it falls apart every other point. There is no management presence anywhere and everything is left with very junior staff whom have no idea what to do with your questions and requirements. This was one of the worst experience I have ever had in my traveling years. I know I will receive a letter from their PR person asking me what went wrong..... my answer is just to stay in your own hotel for a weekend or ask one of your friends to stay for a night to see how you or they feel about the experience.... check in was difficult... check out was a disaster.... Ipad for all of that experience!!!. It is cute but not working. Incredibly expensive experience! Never Pan Pacific Singapore ever again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear FromNorth960,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate your constructive feedback on your recent stay. I would firstly like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment you had. We take pride in creating memorable hotel experiences for our guests and, in this regard, I am genuinely regretful to learn of your experience. Please do contact me at jennifer.wong@panpacific.com for me to personally extend my apologies and for us to review on the areas of concern. I hope to hear from you soon.