I have liked this hotel for a number of years -- friendly, convenient, comfortable but not opulent, and not as expensive as most at the 5 star end of town. It is now newly renovated. The foyer is very chic (but designed by someone who has never worked standing up behind a desk: the staff will all have back pain before long). The rooms much the same as before (very pleasant), but with renewed electronics. Instructions on paper for the phone would have been good... I could not figure out how to make an International call, and the guy on the switch was none too sure either.. But the Club is now brilliant: an entire floor, comfortable, spacious, great views (the previous version was cramped , albeit always friendly). The staff tend to get a bit lost in it due to its circular layout, though: my poached eggs on toast took more than ten minutes to find me, by which time it was egg, singular, on bread. The evening cocktails are lovely, but expect to wait, and wait, and wait, for a drink refill. And, of course, the refurb means it can no longer be classed as a bargain. But overall -- I like it, like the friendliness and lack of hassle, and will keep coming back; if nothing else, to get that second poached egg.
The Japanese restaurant, by the way, remains unchanged, and is very good, but hardly the star other reviews would suggest. It was nice, as a single diner, to be offered some magazines to read. But they were three-four years old: time for an update.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Pan Pacific
- Pan Pacific Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located at the gateway to the Central Business District and Singapore’s financial area, Pan Pacific Singapore provides a convenient base to explore this vibrant city. Soaring high above the heart of Marina Bay and the Suntec City Singapore International Convention &Exhibition Centre, Pan Pacific Singapore draws on Oriental influences and infuses them with the Pacific Touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, AsiaRooms, Otel, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Pan Pacific Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.