“pure luxury and top class services” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #5 of 290 hotels in Singapore
New York City, New York
“pure luxury and top class services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

for 3 days, from Oct 29-31st, I stayed at Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore with my parents for a short leisure break from work. we had a concert to attend nearby at Esplanade hall so we decided to choose nearby hotels around Marina Bay area. after reading reviews at TA and comparing the prices, we were so positive with our choices. turns out, it was not a mistake. we were completely hundred percent satisfied with RC Millenia Singapore.

greeted by the front door man, I forgot his name but he was such a sweet and polite man. he knows all the directions and all the good attractions nearby, even when I was just about to get for a drink at Starbucks, he would gladly escort me to the secret doorway to Millenia walk/Marina square and asked me about anything else my parents and I needed. really a superb class service I did not even think about.

about the room, I took the reconnect weekend package with $70 credits that could be used at the gift shop or restaurant. we were glad with that decision as it saved us almost 100-150 SGD per night. check in was excellent and fast. our room was on the 24th floor [2403] with the view of Kallang bay river. we did not choose Marina Bay view cause we wanted to experience another part of Singapore. room was amazingly huge of course with RC's standard. huge king size bed and comfortable sofas to sat on. another plus was the separate closet which was quite big even for two people. bathroom was undeniably the most comfiest I've ever known. huge bath tub with big window overlooking the spectacular view and automatic curtain. separate shower and toilet was also available. no complaints for the room whatsoever. turn down services at night was also another extra benefit staying at RC. we were asked whether we wanted extra water bottles or towels or even wanted ice cubes. amazingly once we were not there during the night from 7-10 pm and when we got back, our clothes that were scattered on the bed (lol) are neatly hanged on the hanger and they left us more water bottles, clean towels, ice cubes and even more extra chocolates. it was sweet indeed.

for the hotel services, we did not try breakfast cause we always prefer to eat at local restaurants in the morning. we did try the gym and the swimming pool. no doubt the best in Singapore I think. there was also a whirlpool located nearby the pool and a bit hidden. the pool man was very polite and always ready to serve you even for your own little bit of non sense request. lol. we regret did not try the spa but hopefully someday we will. overall it was an amazing stay at RC Millenia Singapore. services were top class and not fake, they really treat and made you feel like a king. even to the smallest detail, such as asking where we wanted to go and how's our day for today, that was sweet yet another example of 5* hotel should be. the security guy who guard the back door to Millenia walk was also nice and helpful as well. during check out, there was a conference I believe held by Moet & Chandon so I was confused for a while where they moved the reception but the sweet concierge man escorted me and apologize for the mess. I told him it was okay but he insisted to secure my luggage for a while. at the payment, apparently there was a bit mistake on the bill so I was charged wrongly and I realized that when I was at the airport already. surprisingly, the reception man contacted me both through e-mail and phone, saying that they have charged the wrong bill. they have phoned the bank and without matter of minutes, corrected the bill and he even sent me 2 copies of transcript through PDF document. I was speechless yet happy. he even sent me another e-mail apologizing for the mistake. what a true top class services they have given. I will definitely stay again at RC Millenia Singapore when I have a chance. of course RC is an expensive hotel but really worth the money and the services you get.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

1,741 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

I think this is the best hotel I've stayed at...I typically stay in the Conrad and Mandarin O, but Ritz Carlton in terms of the rooms are a step above.

Pros:
1) The rooms are superb, and in particular the bathrooms. Bathtub overlooks the harbour in floor-to-glass ceilings. High roof. Very spacious and comfortable. Although not cutting edge like the Upper House, still modern enough.
2) Service was fantastic
3) Did not have time for the pool / gym, but looked pretty nice

Cons
- location is a little bit out of the way and not close to public transport...though cabs are pretty cheap in singapore

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

Booked through Singapore Airlines (Singapore Stopover), and not disappointed.
Flight arrived very early in Singapore (7am), and arrived at hotel before 9am. Very pleased to be given a room straightaway – disappointed that it wasn’t renovated, but figured we could live with it. We were keen to have a quick sleep, but found once we were in bed and not making noise, that there was a very frequent sound that sounded like a plane landing or taking off! Soon realised that it was in fact the elevators, as we were directly opposite them.
After a brief sleep we got ready for the day, and went down to reception to query if our room could be changed. This request was managed immediately, and we were told to go enjoy our day, and that our new room would be ready when we returned.
Well, what a difference! Returned about 5 hours later and picked up our new key. To our great pleasure we opened the door to a renovated room, that couldn’t have been more different – modern, very tasteful and comfortable, and quiet!! Just wonderful.
Fantastic stay from then on, with wonderful interactions with staff (including restaurant staff discovering we were on our honeymoon and arranging treats in our room! As well as concierge liaising with Singapore Air for earlier than scheduled transfers). Highly recommended – renovated rooms only, but I think these are all due to be finished soon anyway. Finally, great location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

Very elegant place with comfortable rooms and spectacular view, like you have center of Singapore on your palm, which is even more spectacular while taking bath during the night. Of course, try to stay on executive floors. Hotel is huge same as swimming pool. In general no objection, unless a bit grandiose stile. The Leon mark is everywhere, even on the toilet paper, what is honestly too much. Rather for stopover or business than for holiday.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

Stayed in Ritz-Carlton for 2 days on a business meeting. Very good location, at the center of everything. I could have anything I want in few minutes walk.

They truly have excellent rooms, luxurious as I may say. I stayed in a deluxe room and I love what was given to me, such a wonderful view of Marina Bay.

Short stay though but I love the treatment I received. I will stay here again whenever I will travel to Singapore for business purpose. However, I have to save big bucks to stay here longer.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed in a junior suite in October 2010.

The suite was very spacious and well appointed.

Our suite had a great view of the harbour.

Not cheap, but nice if you want to stay somewhere special.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

We booked this hotel through the Singapore Airlines holiday program. We stayed two nights. I chose this hotel because of its historical reputation and the fact that my husband and I were celebrating a wedding anniversary. We arrived late afternoon and left early morning so did not have any problems accessing the rooms early or needing late check-outs.. We had a lovely room overlooking the river. The bathroom had similar views. Previous reviewers are right - the hotel is looking jaded - particularly the carpet in the reception area. I was a little disappointed with the size of the pool but the gym is excellent - has hand-towels and earphones and fruit available at no charge to residents.
Did not eat breakfast at the hotel: the cost of the room was quite high and we thought it would be cheaper to eat elsewhere - and it was of course. We did have an evening meal there at 50% off because of the airline agreement. It was reasonable - not great. Simultaneously the buffet was also available which we didn't have but appeared very popular - particularly with people not resident in the hotel.
We had not been to Singapore for over 15 years and of course much had changed. The area around the hotel is pretty built up and we made the mistake of walking out of the hotel and making our way to the Raffles Mall along the main road. If you come out of the hotel and then go into the Marina hotel you can access the malls through the hotel without walking in the heat. We didn't realise this until our return journey when we stayed at the Pan Pacific - across the road. (see review). If this review sounds a little 'ho hum' it's because I was and still am quite disappointed that although this is a very nice hotel it is the staff rather than the surroundings which make it impressive and I am not convinced that it gives full value for the $ which other hotels in Singapore provide in spades.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore? Share your experiences!