“Hotel Heaven in Singapore” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
amsterdam
“Hotel Heaven in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

About ten years ago, I stayed with a friend at this hotel and we have been talking about it ever since, in particular about an incident in the lobby. That morning on our second day we came out the elevator and were addressed by name by a staff member of the hotel. This is a large hotel and such an experience I had never had before. This month I returned for the first time and that experience ten years ago was only a small peak of the superior service I have experienced during this visit. In fact I was so overwhelmed by the service in this hotel that I canceled and changed my travel plan, just to return to this hotel a few days later and enjoy it's spectacular environment, facilities, staff and service for another four days. During both stays we stayed in a gorgeous one bedroom suite facing the harbor. The rooms are exceptionally spacious, with walk in closet, beautiful bathroom, tasteful and classy furnishings and spectacular comfy bed. I understand that an overhaul of the rooms is under way, but I have to say it is quite remarkable that after 12 or 13 years (since the hotel opened) the decor has kept up to be tasteful and stylish withstanding fashion and decoration trends of the last decade. Something that can not be said of most hotels. What may have colored my experience at this hotel is the fact that I booked the club floor. I am familiar to the club-floor concept, but the Ritz Carlton Singapore has given me new meaning to the club-floor-experience. The Club Lounge on the top floor of the building is exceptionally well appointed with beautiful furnishings and fabrics. It is spacious and offers different areas, both table seating and comfortable lounge seating. Check-in takes place here as well. Food servings are of very high quality and despite having spent here about 7 days in the last month I never had a feeling the the food offer was repetitive. On many occasions there is a chef in the lounge preparing fresh food right there and then. The food is themed by day, giving it a good variation. Despite the lounge being busy one day with a large group the food offer was always ample. I must say that I sampled some of the best food from the region here at the lounge. In addition the lounge provides drinks all day long including champagne from breakfast to the late evening. Not just any champagne: Moet & Chandon, how classy! Although the hotel surpassed my expectations in all the above ways, the real and fundamental difference to any experience I have ever had before at any other hotel is the Club floor staff. During my stay I met some of the warmest, most gracious, professional and funny people. The Club floor team is what really makes this hotel to a one of a kind. I felt no reason to venture out into Singapore. I kept returning to the lounge for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, desert, cocktails. At all times the staff made me feel comfortable, happy and I do not remember having had so many laughs with hotel employees ever before. The passion in the people that work here can not be trained, it is clear to me that they really enjoy their work, form an exceptionally close team and are driven by passion, professionalism, ambition and happyness. What a difference to the average hotel. At the same time the staff was very observant and always looked for ways to exceed our expectations. Little things like informing housekeeping when you walk in for breakfast so your room is made while you have breakfast, anticipating your specific needs in every way, just incredible.

Other than the room and the club lounge I really enjoyed the pool. It's gorgeous, large, lush and exceptionally well designed. Remarkably empty for such a large hotel, only during the weekends it seemed a bit busier. Pool staff was lovely and providing water, a friendly talk or there to assist in any way. Although I have a rigid gym routine and the hotel has fantastic Cybex equipped gym, I didn't make it to the gym once.. I was simply to relaxed.

Also during my staff I kept being approached by the very friendly people of guest relations addressing me by name informing about my stay or just having a chat. I felt so looked after by. But other staff as well, from front door to health club, all are so warm, friendly and funny. There seems a looseness in their approach and manners that you would not expect in such a 'formal' hotel, yet it works its magic.

Leaving this hotel was hard, especially when seeing all the club floor staff lined up at the front door to say good bye. Now that was just unbelievable.

All I can say is, if you want to be blown away by a hotel experience, book this hotel and definitely go for the club floor. It is exceptional value. There will be no regrets only a strong feeling wanting to return to this hotel paradise.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Great hotel for business and leisure. Worth the money.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

maybe my expectations were too high, but i was disappointed with my stay as it's a supposedly 6 star hotel. it's ok for a 5 star hotel but just not there yet as a 6 star. somehow the service wasn't personal, like the smiles all not really warm if there were smiles in the first place... and they couldn't even get a simple thing right like the fact that breakfast was included in our reservation, not once but TWICE...

room wise, we had a kallang bay view room... room was big, but somehow the furnishings were a bit plain, like it's nice but doesn't show luxury, definitely not what one would expect to pay for SGD$350++... but it was spacious, even with a living room area, had my 2 brothers- and 2 sisters-in-law and 4 kids over at one point and still had enough space to host everyone... bed wise, surprisingly normal... linens were good, but the bed itself a bit too firm almost hard, prefer my bed to have be full down so it's comfy yet gives enough back support... (in fact i would say the bed in The Sentosa is much nicer... see my other review) another thing, the bed side clock was slow by 20 mins... it's a small thing you can forgive in a 3 star hotel, but for a 6 star, i feel that the attention to detail is lacking. one thing nice, was the evening turndown service, where they placed a bookmark on the duvet for your bedtime reading, which i thought was a nice touch.

Bathroom on the other hand, was FANTASTIC... full marble furnishings, bathtub with a view of the kallang bay (we were on the 19th floor)... though hubby had a bit of problem with the blinds, they will refuse to close facing down and will auto open up a bit... maybe the setting was to ensure that our view is not blocked, but hubby was very conservative! lol... not sure if there's supposed to be a protective film layer to prevent others on the surrounding buildings from looking in...

Pool was honestly disappointing... when we reached there, it was like, that's it? it's a 1.4m deep pool, seemed a little worn... but one nice touch was the heated jacuzzi... service wise, i'm surprised that towels were just placed on a table for guests to help themselves, rather than having a pool assistant to offer them to guests, which was what i experienced in a 4 star hotel previously... don't see why a 4 star hotel can provide such service and a "6 star" hotel cannot?

overall, if the rate is like around $200, maybe will stay again, but most likely will prefer to try Oriental or Pan Pac... but the cheapest internet rate is like $350++ no breakfast, definitely not worth it...

Mumbai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Early April 09. I have actually stayed there a few times earlier for business and have liked it so much that i was very keen to visit it for a holiday with my parents.
This enabled me to spend more time at the hotel and make use of all the facilities.
The staff is extremely courteous, caring and polite. altough my check in was at 2 PM, they were kind enough to give our rooms to us at 9.30 AM. The chef took special care in arranging Vegetarian (Jain) food for us.
The rooms are so large and spacious that one does not even feel like getting out of the hotel. We had a room on the 20th floor and we had a fantastic view of the city.
The gym and pool are also fantastic.
We had a great time...too bad it was only for 3 days !
Will be back soon

• Liked — The Room
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

After a two week SE Asia cruise we decided to stay a few more days in Singapore and picked out the Millenia. Once again that old Ritz magic was there with from the moment our cab arrived and they had our name. Bellmen, clerks and the check in all called us by name and escorted us to the Club Level for check in. Everything was handled quickly, discretely and smoothly while offering us food from the Club. The room was splendid and the service level was high for our entire stay. Just asking a question brought forth material to assist us in selecting where to go, eat and tour. Their location is terrific right across from the Flyer and near two large Malls as well as most of the tours. At night you have the entire city skyline lit up as if just for you. If you are in this part of the world, don't pass on the opportunity to indulge yourself!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

Have $ go for the Club Level. Good food and drinks + better service.
Booked the room during peak season, hotel was overcrowded.
Luckily I straight away upgraded to Club Level, cut the queues, higher service.
Totally worth the additional money I had to pay for.
Will take the Kallang View, Marina Bay View was rather boring with all the construction work.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

I was staying in the club house on the the tallest level ( Level 32 ) for a night during the weekend for my belated birthday celebration. It was arranged and booked by my partner. Upon entering the room, the panoramic views of the city could be seen. The staff are fantastic. The service provided doesn't seem like a business transaction but more like treating each customer like their friend. The food was great, there was free flow mixture of very delicious food throughout the day which include sinful indulgences like chocolate mousse, pastries...etc, unlimited free flow of alcohol such as wine, famous Singapore sling...etc The hotel comes equipped with a pool, gymnasium, spa facilities, steam room, sauna..etc While relaxing by the pool, i was given a stalk of delicious strawberries with grapes...etc It's pure indulgence.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here a lot as it was a very relaxing and romantic stay even for a day. It made a lasting impression for life.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore? Share your experiences!