About ten years ago, I stayed with a friend at this hotel and we have been talking about it ever since, in particular about an incident in the lobby. That morning on our second day we came out the elevator and were addressed by name by a staff member of the hotel. This is a large hotel and such an experience I had never had before. This month I returned for the first time and that experience ten years ago was only a small peak of the superior service I have experienced during this visit. In fact I was so overwhelmed by the service in this hotel that I canceled and changed my travel plan, just to return to this hotel a few days later and enjoy it's spectacular environment, facilities, staff and service for another four days. During both stays we stayed in a gorgeous one bedroom suite facing the harbor. The rooms are exceptionally spacious, with walk in closet, beautiful bathroom, tasteful and classy furnishings and spectacular comfy bed. I understand that an overhaul of the rooms is under way, but I have to say it is quite remarkable that after 12 or 13 years (since the hotel opened) the decor has kept up to be tasteful and stylish withstanding fashion and decoration trends of the last decade. Something that can not be said of most hotels. What may have colored my experience at this hotel is the fact that I booked the club floor. I am familiar to the club-floor concept, but the Ritz Carlton Singapore has given me new meaning to the club-floor-experience. The Club Lounge on the top floor of the building is exceptionally well appointed with beautiful furnishings and fabrics. It is spacious and offers different areas, both table seating and comfortable lounge seating. Check-in takes place here as well. Food servings are of very high quality and despite having spent here about 7 days in the last month I never had a feeling the the food offer was repetitive. On many occasions there is a chef in the lounge preparing fresh food right there and then. The food is themed by day, giving it a good variation. Despite the lounge being busy one day with a large group the food offer was always ample. I must say that I sampled some of the best food from the region here at the lounge. In addition the lounge provides drinks all day long including champagne from breakfast to the late evening. Not just any champagne: Moet & Chandon, how classy! Although the hotel surpassed my expectations in all the above ways, the real and fundamental difference to any experience I have ever had before at any other hotel is the Club floor staff. During my stay I met some of the warmest, most gracious, professional and funny people. The Club floor team is what really makes this hotel to a one of a kind. I felt no reason to venture out into Singapore. I kept returning to the lounge for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, desert, cocktails. At all times the staff made me feel comfortable, happy and I do not remember having had so many laughs with hotel employees ever before. The passion in the people that work here can not be trained, it is clear to me that they really enjoy their work, form an exceptionally close team and are driven by passion, professionalism, ambition and happyness. What a difference to the average hotel. At the same time the staff was very observant and always looked for ways to exceed our expectations. Little things like informing housekeeping when you walk in for breakfast so your room is made while you have breakfast, anticipating your specific needs in every way, just incredible.
Other than the room and the club lounge I really enjoyed the pool. It's gorgeous, large, lush and exceptionally well designed. Remarkably empty for such a large hotel, only during the weekends it seemed a bit busier. Pool staff was lovely and providing water, a friendly talk or there to assist in any way. Although I have a rigid gym routine and the hotel has fantastic Cybex equipped gym, I didn't make it to the gym once.. I was simply to relaxed.
Also during my staff I kept being approached by the very friendly people of guest relations addressing me by name informing about my stay or just having a chat. I felt so looked after by. But other staff as well, from front door to health club, all are so warm, friendly and funny. There seems a looseness in their approach and manners that you would not expect in such a 'formal' hotel, yet it works its magic.
Leaving this hotel was hard, especially when seeing all the club floor staff lined up at the front door to say good bye. Now that was just unbelievable.
All I can say is, if you want to be blown away by a hotel experience, book this hotel and definitely go for the club floor. It is exceptional value. There will be no regrets only a strong feeling wanting to return to this hotel paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes away from some of Singpaore's most iconic attractions including the Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore provides privileged access to one of the world's most vibrant cities. While the panoramic glittering views of the city skyline and Marina Bay invites exploration, the centrally-located hotel has some outstanding reasons for guests to stay in, ranging from the stellar collection of 4,200 contemporary art pieces including works by Frank Stella, Dale Chihuly and Andy Warhol, as well as the lush idyllic pool perfect for enjoying the tropical warmth at. Guests enjoy a multitude of shopping, dining and entertainment options at three shopping malls accessible via covered skybridge as well as public transportation options within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Ritz Carlton Singapore
- Ritz Singapore
- Singapore Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore