I was one of the organizing committee for my company's 2D/1N convention and D&D held at Ritz-Carlton this year. To be honest, I didn't have a good time working with the people assigned to help us make the convention and D&D a successful one. There were many delays and they weren't seem to possess that initiative and flexibilities I would have expected from a luxurious hotel which is legendary for its service.
Anyhow, my company's convention and the D&D went on quite well, and I have no complaints, but I wasn't "wow" by the services I received, until I came down sick the next day.
I was supposed to be having team-building with my company, but I was feeling so sick, I had to give it a miss. At 12pm, it was time to check-out, but I could barely get out of bed. I phoned the front desk and asked for late check-out as I was too giddy to walk. The front desk took a few minutes to check and called me back shortly, asking if I needed help or medical assistance and assured me that they had my room extended until 3pm.
I went back to bed, feeling very relieved that I didn't have check out immediately. About 45 minutes later, the door bell rang, I crawled out of bed and opened the door, thinking it was my colleague who had came to check on me, but it was two of the hotel staff, Mr. Afiq, whom I had spoke with earlier regarding the late check-out and an assistant manager, Ms. Riri. They knew that I probably was too weak to join my colleagues for lunch at the restaurant and had brought me some porridge and fruits so that I wouldn't go hungry. And they also told me to rest well and if needed, they would extend my stay to a later time.
With the food also came a 'Get Well' card signed by many of the staff in the hotel, wishing me speedy recovery in many different languages, I was very touched by this very thoughtful act of kindness. It had changed the way I think of the hotel just a day ago.
Ritz Carlton might not have the best people to deal with corporate events, but they certainly have the best ground staff that care for their guests beyond expectations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes away from some of Singpaore's most iconic attractions including the Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore provides privileged access to one of the world's most vibrant cities. While the panoramic glittering views of the city skyline and Marina Bay invites exploration, the centrally-located hotel has some outstanding reasons for guests to stay in, ranging from the stellar collection of 4,200 contemporary art pieces including works by Frank Stella, Dale Chihuly and Andy Warhol, as well as the lush idyllic pool perfect for enjoying the tropical warmth at. Guests enjoy a multitude of shopping, dining and entertainment options at three shopping malls accessible via covered skybridge as well as public transportation options within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Ritz Carlton Singapore
- Ritz Singapore
- Singapore Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore