“Very caring ground staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Raffles Avenue, Singapore 039799, Singapore (Marina Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Very caring ground staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was one of the organizing committee for my company's 2D/1N convention and D&D held at Ritz-Carlton this year. To be honest, I didn't have a good time working with the people assigned to help us make the convention and D&D a successful one. There were many delays and they weren't seem to possess that initiative and flexibilities I would have expected from a luxurious hotel which is legendary for its service.

Anyhow, my company's convention and the D&D went on quite well, and I have no complaints, but I wasn't "wow" by the services I received, until I came down sick the next day.

I was supposed to be having team-building with my company, but I was feeling so sick, I had to give it a miss. At 12pm, it was time to check-out, but I could barely get out of bed. I phoned the front desk and asked for late check-out as I was too giddy to walk. The front desk took a few minutes to check and called me back shortly, asking if I needed help or medical assistance and assured me that they had my room extended until 3pm.

I went back to bed, feeling very relieved that I didn't have check out immediately. About 45 minutes later, the door bell rang, I crawled out of bed and opened the door, thinking it was my colleague who had came to check on me, but it was two of the hotel staff, Mr. Afiq, whom I had spoke with earlier regarding the late check-out and an assistant manager, Ms. Riri. They knew that I probably was too weak to join my colleagues for lunch at the restaurant and had brought me some porridge and fruits so that I wouldn't go hungry. And they also told me to rest well and if needed, they would extend my stay to a later time.

With the food also came a 'Get Well' card signed by many of the staff in the hotel, wishing me speedy recovery in many different languages, I was very touched by this very thoughtful act of kindness. It had changed the way I think of the hotel just a day ago.

Ritz Carlton might not have the best people to deal with corporate events, but they certainly have the best ground staff that care for their guests beyond expectations!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The place was far from hussle buzzle of marina bay sands or orchard road. Really close by from spor flyer and mrt station. The breakfast table were quite busy so dont go near closing time. We stayed at the jr suite and it was great, choose the one with view of the bay. My only suggestion was if you travel with elderly you might need taxi all the time. Though mrt was close by it was still far for elderly stand point. And if you come by mrt, know your map well or youll end up at the wrong mrt station as i did.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

A great weekend stay at Ritz-Carlton Millenia. Service is first class esp upon arrival. It has beautiful room with great bathroom and excellent comfortable beds and pillows. Rooms are spacious that you can fit two extra beds if you need to.

However, as perfect as the try to be, humans do err. We found the wall plug to the kettle was not working well and the bathtub shower did not have cold water and water pressure was low. I also suggest that the management install a hose bidet in the WC room for cleaning convenience.

Other than that, their service is prompt and great. For muslims travellers, they offer mussola and direction of the qiblat upon request.

The swimming pool is kinda old and nothing fantastic. it has warm jacuzzi near the pool and a cold jacuzzi as well. Price is very expensive and I dont think I would pay such high rate if it's out of my own pocket. Hotels nowadays are just pricing themselves overatedly everywhere in the world. I call upon all travellers be 3 star or even 6 star to be more prudent and do not support overpriced hotel operators.

There must be a regulation to contain hotel prices around the world. Make 5 and 6 star a standard affordable place where middle income society can afford.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed in top hotels in many cities and this Ritz Carlton must be one of the best ever.
The rooms are really outstanding in every respect. I will not describe all the reasons why here - you will not be disappointed. The personal service from the moment your taxi rolls up is a strong feature of this hotel. I also stayed at PanPacific across the street and there is a big gulf in class between the two. Rooms at Ritz are so much better in every way, and more elegant in a traditional classic way. The quality of this hotel and its staff impressed me.
If you want a top hotel in Singapore dont hesitate to book this one.

Some small down sides (which could not detract from the overall 5 star rating):
one poor meal which management dealt with admirably.
construction noise from morning to night coming from upper floors.
the bed - I guess it is old and has become a "U" shaped bed which sags in the middle...a big problem for those of us who have back problems.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My first experience with Ritz Carlton and what a surprise! I spent only two nights in Singapore and cannot wait to be back! Deluxe room with Marina Bay view is very spacious with fantastic bathroom, really comfortable bed and all amenities you may need... Not mentioning the view over MBS and the bay which is breathtaking! Especially by night directly from a bathtub :)

I was welcomed with a fruit platter and a small note from a guest recognition manager which was a nice touch (I guess that was because my company books Millenia pretty often).

Wi-fi was included in the room rate and was available in the entire hotel. When I had a problem to connect additional devices, I was provided with very professional assistance over the phone and after few minutes could connect successfully. After this nothing changed my good opinion about the service.

As for food, I usually take very simple breakfast but for those who are more demanding, the choice is really big so should meet everyone's expectations. On the other hand I had dinner outside so cannot comment on it.

Room Tip: Go for Marina bay view room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I wrestled with the decision to stay here or Raffles or Sands... I'm glad for us that we chose this Ritz. We enjoyed visiting Raffles its old world charm was beautiful yet its "charm" was not as comfortable for us and the Sands while spectacular, is so crowded I liken it to a Carnival Cruise. This Ritz had everything you need for comfort, perfect Ritz service. The breakfast was vast with many asian offerings and western ones well, everything was very well presented. The room its self had a double shower head for rain mode or more pressure. There are plenty of english channels. if I had to pick our remote battery or signal did not seem to work well but that could be "operator error" as well. The internet service (included) was fast and flawless. The art the surrounds you gives a special aura to the place. We walked to the Sinagpore Flyer , the tourist buses and to the Sands mall all are super close. The bed was very good with good selection of pillows etc. WE LOVED SINGAPORE! the people , the places, you will seldom find a safer, more honest, cleaner place in the world! with natural and man made beauty great restaurants we had a blast and we really appreciated coming "home" to the Ritz the peace was welcomed after our very full days. We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: go for the harbor view room ... you need not have a high floor for a great view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went for the annual Music Matters Convention, and as always the Ritz shows why they are among the best.
Breakfast was easy and great, Lounge kept my glass full, and the staff was cheerful and very helpful.

Room Tip: Get the Marina view. Its mesmerizing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore? Share your experiences!