“True gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Raffles Avenue, Singapore 039799, Singapore (Marina Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Geneva, Switzerland
“True gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My first experience with Ritz Carlton and what a surprise! I spent only two nights in Singapore and cannot wait to be back! Deluxe room with Marina Bay view is very spacious with fantastic bathroom, really comfortable bed and all amenities you may need... Not mentioning the view over MBS and the bay which is breathtaking! Especially by night directly from a bathtub :)

I was welcomed with a fruit platter and a small note from a guest recognition manager which was a nice touch (I guess that was because my company books Millenia pretty often).

Wi-fi was included in the room rate and was available in the entire hotel. When I had a problem to connect additional devices, I was provided with very professional assistance over the phone and after few minutes could connect successfully. After this nothing changed my good opinion about the service.

As for food, I usually take very simple breakfast but for those who are more demanding, the choice is really big so should meet everyone's expectations. On the other hand I had dinner outside so cannot comment on it.

Room Tip: Go for Marina bay view room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I wrestled with the decision to stay here or Raffles or Sands... I'm glad for us that we chose this Ritz. We enjoyed visiting Raffles its old world charm was beautiful yet its "charm" was not as comfortable for us and the Sands while spectacular, is so crowded I liken it to a Carnival Cruise. This Ritz had everything you need for comfort, perfect Ritz service. The breakfast was vast with many asian offerings and western ones well, everything was very well presented. The room its self had a double shower head for rain mode or more pressure. There are plenty of english channels. if I had to pick our remote battery or signal did not seem to work well but that could be "operator error" as well. The internet service (included) was fast and flawless. The art the surrounds you gives a special aura to the place. We walked to the Sinagpore Flyer , the tourist buses and to the Sands mall all are super close. The bed was very good with good selection of pillows etc. WE LOVED SINGAPORE! the people , the places, you will seldom find a safer, more honest, cleaner place in the world! with natural and man made beauty great restaurants we had a blast and we really appreciated coming "home" to the Ritz the peace was welcomed after our very full days. We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: go for the harbor view room ... you need not have a high floor for a great view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went for the annual Music Matters Convention, and as always the Ritz shows why they are among the best.
Breakfast was easy and great, Lounge kept my glass full, and the staff was cheerful and very helpful.

Room Tip: Get the Marina view. Its mesmerizing
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights recently in May when I went to Singapore for a conference at the MBS. Initially I was apprehensive about choosing this place over MBS, but I can now confirm my fears were totally misplaced. MBS is like a theme park compared to this place, which oozes real service with a smile and pure class. So if you absolutely want that inifinity pool 30-odd floors up, go for the MBS as you't get in otherwise. However if you want a real hotel with real service, no pretence etc. you cannot go wrong at the Ritz. Rooms were surprisingly spacious - if I had been here with my kids, it would have been spacious enough on the bed for one of them (4yrs old) and more than enough space for a cot for the 4mth old. The view over MBS and the bay was superb, especially at sundown and sunrise. There was a bath tub by the window to enjoy this view :) Rain shower as well. Enough space in the toilet to skip rope if you want. The TV is to one side, which is kind of pointless, so it's good I wasn't staying for leisure. And those who have read my reviews know I'm always complaining about hotels that do not design rooms for our multiple devices - this one was perfect. Wi-fi was included in my room rate (so it was free) and I could connect all 3 of my devices easily. There were enough plug points on the desk to charge all 3, including my BT headphones and spare phone. Breakfast was pretty good - the only downside being a long line around 8.45am onwards. But the food selection - mostly local but with a lot of Continental options especially bakery items - was overwhelming and tasted so good. I used the pool - which is not comparable to the one at MBS of course - but it's still very good: long, not too busy, clean. The gym looked a tad disappointing with a low ceiling and not too good views. Staff were amazing - always ready to strike up a conversation, and able to hold a conversation without making you feel it's forced. This is such a rare commodity amongst service staff these days. Last but not the least - the only minor complaint was the lobby location in relation to the road. It's a short trek uphill or downhill - which was a bit of a pain when I needed to walk to the MBS. But I suppose most people who stay at this hotel have vehicles, taxis or other transport already arranged :)

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over MBS and the bay. You won't regret it!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

They know the booking as soon as we stopped out of the cab. Check in was speedy, was offered upgrade the marina bay view for SGD$65 per night.
Refreshments on offer but were all empty.
Large appointed room, great bathroom.
Slighty dated rooms, some creaky floor boards.
Had an incident on the first night with a leaky ceiling in the bathroom! Sligh flooded the bathroom. Called maintenance immediately, it was 5am, and try atted to it within 10 minutes. Problem was resolved.
Asked the concierge to confirm a restaurant booking and they said they'll leave a note when it's confirmed. No note for when I return, I ended up confirming it myself.
Breakfast was average, choices seem to be quite limiting after a few days.
Good location, lovely lobby. Staff were friendly too.
Will prob stay again if a good deal comes up.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

It had all the modern elegance you expect from a top-line Singapore hotel, and a fantastic view of the harbor, but there were a few disappointments. It seemed noisier than one would expect. On the 29th floor there was clearly audible road noise from a freeway some distance away. Getting to the street or SMRT subway was tricky, as you have to go through one of two malls or climb over bushes. And the breakfasts were not quite up to the standards for the locale: no fresh fruit -- just canned in syrup, and not many choices for a vegetarian.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My first stay in a Ritz Carlton hotel was a wonderful experience thanks to the excellent staff at their Singapore location. From greeting me by name whenever I entered or left the hotel, to booking cars for me and offering me a cold tea when I checked in late at night, the staff really made me feel like a sultan. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the Marina Bay Sands resort, and right across the street from a nice mall. My room was spotless and had a huge window with an inspiring view of the city.

The only thing I was less than satisfied with was the breakfast buffet. The food options were a bit limited, and the available items were both bland and uninspiring. Considering how perfect the rest of the hotel is, the breakfast buffet is in need of a revamp.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore? Share your experiences!