In case you have not read my first review, please do so in case you don't get what I'm trying so to say... The recent visit in Feb 2013 is a one night weekend stay in a deluxe room under my Pleasures membership (NB: Breakfast not included). Since this is just a stay is a "normal" room facing Kallang, I wasn't expecting anything. Yet Ritz-Carlton continued to impress me! ^_^
First of all, just a few days prior to my overnight stay, I received the newsletter from Ritz, informing that complimentary wifi is now available in ALL guest rooms and public areas!!! (First tick). Considering that there had been grouses from visitors on this issue, I am very pleased that Ritz has outdone itself in a space of six months (since my last visit) to meet one the major complaints that I tend to come across on TripAdvisor.
On the day of arrival, I managed to reach earlier than usual, though check-in time was stated as 3pm in the email. Once the crowd has cleared at 2.15pm, I went and asked reception if I could have an early check-in. Reception did a check and informed me that my room on the 24th floor is actually ready for me! (Second tick - according to Internet, any room above 18th floor is a Premiere room, so I think I had an upgrade! ^_^).
Soon after entering the room, I was attracted to the lovely display on the coffee table. On closer inspection, I realised that the F&B manager had once again outdone herself (just because I'm a Pleasures cardmember???!!!). Besides the personalized welcome card and plate of complimentary fruits (which I got as well the other previous time), I am treated to a lovely display of strawberries and various dips (chocolates, sugar and cream)!!! Ok, strawberries and dips are not exactly expensive items BUT the "extra" touch certainly makes me feel welcomed as a guest. (Third tick)
When I had time to poke around the room, the spaciousness of the deluxe room and its bathroom certainly impresses me. I mean, it's just a deluxe room (deluxe and premier room have same floor space, just different storeys) but it can quite comfortable house all six of my family members, including me, during daytime. I still get my comfy beds, large bathroom and separate shower stall with rainshower features. The bath amenities are great too, though perhaps a notch lower than that of the premier suite? All in all, I am extremely satisfied! (Fourth and fifth tick)
As usual, I must not leave out the use of the sauna, steambath, outdoor jacuzzi and pool, which must be visited when I stay over at Ritz. My niece and I went to the pool after the rain and I guess the deck chairs are wet. However, as our interest lies in the warm jacuzzi, we just threw our robes on one deck chair and went straight for the jaccuzi. The pool staff came with a load of towels, had eye contact with me and started lining the wet deck chairs with the dry towels, before neatly arranging our robes on two of the chairs. When the rain started again, he (or another staff) came with an umbrella so that we won't be caught by the rain. When we were back to shelter, my niece remembered that she left her spectacles at the deck chair and he (or another staff?) went back for it and could still keep his smile. (Sixth tick).
So yes, for a hotel to continue to outdo itself even at my second visit, I am impressed!!!
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore
- Ritz Carlton Singapore
- Ritz Singapore
- Ritz-Carlton Singapore
- Singapore Ritz-Carlton
- Singapore Ritz
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes away from some of Singpaore's most iconic attractions including the Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer, this newly-renovated luxury hotel provides privileged access to one of the world's most vibrant cities. While the panoramic glittering views of the city skyline and Marina Bay invites exploration, the centrally-located hotel has some outstanding reasons for guests to stay in, ranging from the stellar collection of 4,200 contemporary art pieces including works by Frank Stella, Dale Chihuly and Andy Warhol, as well as the lush idyllic pool perfect for enjoying the tropical warmth at. Guests enjoy a multitude of shopping, dining and entertainment options at three shopping malls accessible via covered skybridge as well as public transportation options within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.