“Possibly the best-run hotel I have ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
New York City
“Possibly the best-run hotel I have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We could not get over how well-run and flawless the Ritz-Carlton hotel was. From the speedy check in to the letter in our room the day before our departure confirming our car to the airport, this hotel was the most seamless hotel experience I have ever had. Everything works perfectly: the concierge is speedy and efficient in making appointments, the food is excellent, the rooms are well designed, the staff is knowledgeable. It's not personal or cozy but that is not what we wanted. We wanted a place that works and this does. In addition the views are gorgeous, there are excellent restaurants and bars nearby (including some rooftop places) and this is Singapore so of course there is shopping in spades. It's not downtown but it's easy to get downtown. I'd stay here anytime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton frequently in the past year on business, probably over 15 times in the past 2 years, most recently being in November.

The rooms are my favourite of all the hotels I stay at in Singapore, being large, modern, and all have a sofa, coffee table and arm chair, so you are able to relax somewhere other than on the bed. The working desk is large with excellent lighting, so you are able to work, this is something often overlooked in hotels, as well as very comfortable chairs. The beds are probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on and even if you get a twin room the beds feel like a small double bed, so lots of room.

The bathrooms are large and well appointed, with my only criticism being that often there is not enough hot water so you end up having a cold shower and the shower heads are not adjustable. But on the past 2 stays, after I complained in their online feedback there has been no hot water issue, so perhaps this has been fixed. But anyway Singapore is so hot all the time that it is not the issue it would be in colder cities.

Service is great, not up to Four Seasons standards, but still very good, with the staff generally being proactive, especially at the front door. I often go for a morning run around Marina Bay and they will hand you chilled water and a towel as you enter the lobby after my run, which is nice.

Housekeeping is good, however do note that if you charge up an ipad or iPhone, the outlets next to the bed are in a little drawer, and I have had 2 chargers broken when housekeeping slams the drawer closed, the the charger with USB adapter is taller than the depth of the little drawer. So remember to take it out before you leave for the day.

Rooms service is fast and efficient and they will adapt meals and go a bit off menu if you request, the selection is not as extensive as the Mandarin Oriental next door, but still very good. I have never eaten at any of their restaurants there except for the breakfast buffet twice, and that was only average as it was very crowded, so difficult to get service, but there are lots of cheap places to get breakfast on your way to work, that this is not a problem for me.

Wifi is fast and efficient and you are able to operate more than one device at a time which is good. Our corporate rate gives us free Wifi but I am not sure if it is free for all guests.

Location is good, close to the Singapore flyer and casino and walking distance to 3 MRT stations, but if I was traveling on tourism I would probably stay closer to Orchard Road.

One major gripe is the lack of loyalty program. I cannot think the amount of points I would have if they did have one and I would be more inclined to use the Ritz Carlton for my personal travel if there was a loyalty program I could take advantage of.

All in all the Ritz Carlton is a very good business hotel in Singapore and if you are on business and the location is convenient, I would definitely consider it.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, preferable to get one with the Marina view if your rate allows it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Ritz-Carlton Singapore is a beautiful hotel. I had a marina-view room on the 9th floor, and, with floor-to-ceiling windows, the view was phenomenal. I loved watching the thunderstorms roll in every afternoon and the amazing lights at night. Service at the hotel is impeccable and friendly - I have no idea how everyone remembers your name. My standard room was huge with a gigantic, gleaming bathroom. There are great universal outlets in the desk for charging without a converter. The breakfast buffet is very pricey - though abundant - if you're only eating yogurt, you might want to pass. There's a self-serve cappuccino machine in the lobby. The hotel is attached to a mall, which is attached to another mall, so there's plenty of shopping within walking distance. You can also walk the entire distance around the marina from the hotel - takes about 1 hour. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Go for the marina view if you can.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
colombo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Booked the Chihuly lounge x'mas tea buffet to entertain two friend for a special treat. was absolutely disappointed. Surely Ritz should be able to produce better tastier food. paid aprox 68 Singapore dollars per head &I honestly think would have been better to have ordered a drink to quench the curiosity.

service was good. Taste & food spread wise no where near comparable to the high tea buffets offered in Sri Lanka.

Room Tip: Cushioned sofas are more comfy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family and I take annual trip to Singapore to celebrate the Chinese New Year, and when we first stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Millenia, we realised that we would rather just stay with them from then on. The decor is classy with clean lines, and as with all 6-star (yes, my mother and I got a shock too when we heard that) establishments, it is spotless with high quality finish to all their furnishing, and the service is impeccable.
The only reason that I did not provide a full 5-star review- as perhaps is deserved- is that I was very surprised to find that wifi was not provided for the rooms, and that once the computer was set up, it had to be plugged into the phone by cable, which was rather old fashion I found. Though when on holiday, the chances of being in front of the computer is rarer than rare, it is just a small thing that is a bit surprising when it comes to such a modern, high end hotel. I think that the wifi is provided in the hotel lobby and elsewhere, but not in the rooms. It is not a big problem however, just one that perhaps the hotel can address, as it is not difficult to get wifi into the rooms.
The buffet meals are sufficient and the ambience great, though I do find the choices rather limited, after having eaten at the buffet at Shangri-La. Though all the foods provided are of high quality when it comes to freshness and beautifully cooked, the selection can perhaps be still better and more inspired.
Having said all that, we are going to make our third return this year to this lovely hotel, and perhaps the wifi would be all over the hotel and the rooms and I will eat my words here :-)

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms are great, but if you can request a room with the view of the marina ba...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family had the fortunate experience of staying at the Ritz on a 3 day 2 nights stay and all I can say is ...WOW!!!

I've stayed in many hotels thru out the years...but the Ritz Carlton in Singapore....was simply the best stay in any hotel I've ever experienced. The wonderful staff were always smiling...and exceptionally helpful...courteous and friendly. The room was simply amazing....the beds was sooo comfy...if i could have a studio apartment....i would like to it to be exactly like the one we had. Huge toilet...and the bathtub....OMG....you could relax in the tub overlooking the entire city via a huge hexagonal glass window. Defnite

Room Tip: ask for view overlooking the river
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We book 3 night stay on this hotel. During Check-in, they upgrade our room from cheapest room to Suite with Marina Bay View because they find it is my wife birthday. The view of our room is excellent. The room services is quick and helpful. The bed is very comfortable, the facilities of room is new and good.
One day we ask the service center on lobby about the way to MRT. The girl instruct us on their map and also lead us to MRT station, we feel quite warm because it is about 10mins for walk.
However, the lift is very slow because we need to wait around 10 mins each time. I think it is minor problem because we are not so hurry.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore? Share your experiences!