I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton frequently in the past year on business, probably over 15 times in the past 2 years, most recently being in November.
The rooms are my favourite of all the hotels I stay at in Singapore, being large, modern, and all have a sofa, coffee table and arm chair, so you are able to relax somewhere other than on the bed. The working desk is large with excellent lighting, so you are able to work, this is something often overlooked in hotels, as well as very comfortable chairs. The beds are probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on and even if you get a twin room the beds feel like a small double bed, so lots of room.
The bathrooms are large and well appointed, with my only criticism being that often there is not enough hot water so you end up having a cold shower and the shower heads are not adjustable. But on the past 2 stays, after I complained in their online feedback there has been no hot water issue, so perhaps this has been fixed. But anyway Singapore is so hot all the time that it is not the issue it would be in colder cities.
Service is great, not up to Four Seasons standards, but still very good, with the staff generally being proactive, especially at the front door. I often go for a morning run around Marina Bay and they will hand you chilled water and a towel as you enter the lobby after my run, which is nice.
Housekeeping is good, however do note that if you charge up an ipad or iPhone, the outlets next to the bed are in a little drawer, and I have had 2 chargers broken when housekeeping slams the drawer closed, the the charger with USB adapter is taller than the depth of the little drawer. So remember to take it out before you leave for the day.
Rooms service is fast and efficient and they will adapt meals and go a bit off menu if you request, the selection is not as extensive as the Mandarin Oriental next door, but still very good. I have never eaten at any of their restaurants there except for the breakfast buffet twice, and that was only average as it was very crowded, so difficult to get service, but there are lots of cheap places to get breakfast on your way to work, that this is not a problem for me.
Wifi is fast and efficient and you are able to operate more than one device at a time which is good. Our corporate rate gives us free Wifi but I am not sure if it is free for all guests.
Location is good, close to the Singapore flyer and casino and walking distance to 3 MRT stations, but if I was traveling on tourism I would probably stay closer to Orchard Road.
One major gripe is the lack of loyalty program. I cannot think the amount of points I would have if they did have one and I would be more inclined to use the Ritz Carlton for my personal travel if there was a loyalty program I could take advantage of.
All in all the Ritz Carlton is a very good business hotel in Singapore and if you are on business and the location is convenient, I would definitely consider it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes away from some of Singpaore's most iconic attractions including the Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore provides privileged access to one of the world's most vibrant cities. While the panoramic glittering views of the city skyline and Marina Bay invites exploration, the centrally-located hotel has some outstanding reasons for guests to stay in, ranging from the stellar collection of 4,200 contemporary art pieces including works by Frank Stella, Dale Chihuly and Andy Warhol, as well as the lush idyllic pool perfect for enjoying the tropical warmth at. Guests enjoy a multitude of shopping, dining and entertainment options at three shopping malls accessible via covered skybridge as well as public transportation options within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Marriott, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Ritz Carlton Singapore
- Ritz Singapore
- Singapore Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore