“Best Hotel I've ever stayed” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore
“Best Hotel I've ever stayed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed and also the most expensive but the experience is amazing.

I have stayed in Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore before in Year 2000. At that time, there is not much development at the Marina Bay area and the room I had at that time was facing Kallang but I still love to stay here, especially the bath tub with a view!

After many years, I have returned to stay in Ritz Carlton in Singapore on 18 Nov 2012 with my husband for our wedding anniversary. There were no decorations or cake for the occasion like what other guests had but we were upgraded to Premier Suite. Our reservation was Premier Room. We have selected breakfast for 2 at the Greenhouse and bubble bath in the room to be included in our room package. I shall share these experiences later in the review.

It was a pleasant surprise that we had our room upgraded to Premier Suite facing Marina Bay view. One "almost full-length" window in the living, one pentagon-shaped window in the bed room with the same view and another pentagon-shaped window in the bathroom facing the road in front of Marina Square. The room is huge @ 60sqm. In-room also comes with Ipod/iPhone docker, Nespresso machine, HDMI port to link computer to TV, working desk with a wonderful view of marina bay, two 46" Samsung televisions (one in bedroom and one in living room), 2 DVD players for 2 TVs, Bose system (superb sound quality), etc.

As we are not tech-savvy, we called the reception (because all numbers directed to reception) on things like how to use the docking system because after plugging in, no sound was produced and some other things. The reception reply us with patience all the time and when the staff came to our room to assist us, it is often within 5 minutes. We forgot to put our "Do not disturb" sign off, the housekeeping put a message on our door to inform us that they will come back again or we can dial for them. 6 star hospitality indeed.

The highlight of the stay was the bed. It's huge, a lot of pillows and very comfortable. If you do not like the feather pillows, you can choose from a few pillows which you can get from the housekeeping, including Buckwheat pillow, Tempur foam pillow, anti-stress pillow and few others. We prefer lying on the bed to watch tv, rather than sitting on the sofa.

Bathroom is good too with 2 basins, an over-sized bathtub and a shower area. The bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, hand soap and body lotion are of good quality, non-drying. As mentioned, we had bubble bath in our package. The butler came and prepare the bath, then place a rubber ducky at the side of the bathtub. To be frank, this is the first time I'd tried bubble bath. Though i didn't quite like it but it's an experience and after the bath, my skin feels soft. We made a mess in the bathroom with "bubbles" and called the housekeeping to help clean up. Two staff did the cleaning in less than 10 minutes. We expect the housekeeping to just clean the bathroom but they have tidied the whole suite instead. They also did a turn-down service for us which they switch on the mood lights, tidied the bed (for ready to sleep), placed slippers on each side of bed, and chocolates on each side table. A very nice touch.

The room card can only access the floors that you are staying in and other floors that are available to room guests. For example, if you are staying on level 28, then you cannot access levels 4-27 and levels 29-32.

Breakfast is at the Greenhouse with a wide variety of spread with dim sum, japanese, pastries, cereals, egg station, salad, smoked meat/fish, porridge, rice, waffles, yakult, yoghurts, fruit juices, etc. We didn't quite like the tastes of most of the food.

Good times always passes fast. Our stay here made us felt welcome. We are looking forward to another stay here soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here in October for a weekend - the hotel is perfectly located for shopping and sightseeing. From the first moment up to the departure we totally loved it - the staff were amazing and very helpful, especially Rizwan (concierge).
The suites overlooking the Marina Bay Sands are amazing and the Club Lounge is well worth the money.
This hotel would be our choice when back in Singapore!

Room Tip: High floor, overlooking the MBS.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I had a nice stay. We arrived in Singapore after a long (19 hour) journey from California and were greeted by wonderfully friendly staff on arrival. We requested a high floor at the time of booking and were shown to a gorgeous room on the 16th floor. The room was absolutely spectacular - gorgeous views, very modern. All of the curtains, etc. were on switches near the bed. The shower had regular showerhead and rain shower. There was a large soaking tub with beautiful views. Very comfortable bed - slept like a baby. We ate at the Greenhouse buffet the first night - would definitely skip that next time. Pricey and not that great. The worst part is that the restaurant misplaced the bill that I had signed - and called our room at 9pm to see if we had indeed eaten at the restaurant and if they could bring up the check for me to re-sign. I was woken up by the call - which my husband answered - and he informed them that yes we had eaten there but we were already asleep. I am not sure why, but they called back a second time after that! Not what I would want from a 5 star hotel - to be woken after such a long journey. I used the gym facilites twice and they were perfect. The pool was gorgeous - very relaxing. However, the pool wait staff was very very slow. Took ages to get my beverage on the first day, and I was one of only two people at the pool. The second day the pool was much more crowded and my husband and I did not get served at all. The concierge was quite helpful in securing us a booking at a local restaurant that was recommended by a work colleague. However, we were in town on a public holiday and when we asked where we could go to get a coffee/breakfast, the concierge did not mention that places would either be closed/open very late due to the holiday. So we walked around for ages trying to find someplace to get a coffee and light breakfast as both of the recommendations given to us were closed.

Overall - a gorgeous room, but for the price would expect more. Would try someplace else next time in Singapore.

Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We recently ran a two day event here, for nine hundred people. We have run events in many countries and continents and have had many experiences. This was the best of them all.

We were delighted with the hotel, and the work done by the team there. Of course there were some issues….gala dinner service was a little slow because 2 ovens broke down….and the usual cultural one in Asia of trying to get more junior staff to show initiative….but overall we would rate the experience at your hotel superior to the others that we have used, including the Ritz in Barcelona and Half Moon Bay.

I wanted to call out some areas of exceptional service:
1. On day one it was apparent that our firm was short of Mandarin speakers on Level 5. Your team quickly arranged for some extra Chinese speaking Ritz staff to join our colleagues to help out. The team there were then outstanding as they proactively sought out our Chinese delegates and guided them on the way.
2. Despite the oven failures, the food at the gala dinner was sensational. Many restaurants could not match that quality for a dinner for four, let alone 900! The memory of our logo in chocolate will stay with me for years.
3. Your signature achievement of training your entire team to instantly recognize our key staff was exceptional. It felt like magic – I particularly remember one of your team coming up to me and checking if I would like a Coke on day two. He had remembered me asking him for the same drink on the day before.
4. I love the desk/office area in the suite you gave me. It was a wonderful place for me to work, and stay calm. 2420, I think.
5. We really appreciated the support your team gave in helping us present and layout signage throughout the main meeting areas.
6. It was a clever gesture to offer our event manager a massage as a present for her birthday, I know she was delighted.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ipoh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Ritz Carlton has been a reputable hotel chain and we had high expectations when we decided to stay in this hotel.

The hotel management & staff impressed us further. From the 'check in' staff to the bellboys, everyone was pleasant. And the hotel was decorated in a way it's full of plants!

Welcome drink was a nice touch. Check in was fast eventhough there was a big crowd.

We were upgraded to a Marina View & it was superb! Room was spacious and clean. The housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful. I love the chocs they gave everyday, nice touch. Turndown service was efficient. When i turned on 'do not disturb' light, they actually left a note to inform that they came and that they will come again. The bed was extremely comfy & the highlight of d room was the bath tub which was overlooking the Marina Bay.

Did not try the breakfast as it was costly, the lady who checked us in highly recommended it though. The hotel is connected to a shopping mall, therefore there was plenty of other food to choose from.

Pool was good. Comes with a massage pool :)

All in all, it was a pleasant experience, will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: Must stay in rooms facing the Marina Bay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Exemplary service provided by every single staff - frontdesk, bell boy, housekeeping, restaurants etc.

Room was fantastically huge for 2 pax. Nice Sealy bed, very comfy! Amenities were always refreshed twice a day. Bathroom was the best. Loved the rainshower & bath tub was long enough (for heights of 170-180cm). Room had an ipod charging station and quite a variety of cable movie channels.

Best hotel stay in Singapore - in terms of everything! Value & Satisfaction received far exceeded its Price!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

One word - PERFECT!
Could'nt have picked a better hotel to come back to after our wedding reception. The staff were well-trained. Service was excellent, rooms were clean, toilets were 1st Class, and the view from the room... breathtaking!
Loved the bed so much that we bought one that was similar.
Breakfast has a good variety. Close proximity to almost everything. I cant think of anything to complain, except for expensive parking.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore? Share your experiences!