This is the best hotel I've ever stayed and also the most expensive but the experience is amazing.
I have stayed in Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore before in Year 2000. At that time, there is not much development at the Marina Bay area and the room I had at that time was facing Kallang but I still love to stay here, especially the bath tub with a view!
After many years, I have returned to stay in Ritz Carlton in Singapore on 18 Nov 2012 with my husband for our wedding anniversary. There were no decorations or cake for the occasion like what other guests had but we were upgraded to Premier Suite. Our reservation was Premier Room. We have selected breakfast for 2 at the Greenhouse and bubble bath in the room to be included in our room package. I shall share these experiences later in the review.
It was a pleasant surprise that we had our room upgraded to Premier Suite facing Marina Bay view. One "almost full-length" window in the living, one pentagon-shaped window in the bed room with the same view and another pentagon-shaped window in the bathroom facing the road in front of Marina Square. The room is huge @ 60sqm. In-room also comes with Ipod/iPhone docker, Nespresso machine, HDMI port to link computer to TV, working desk with a wonderful view of marina bay, two 46" Samsung televisions (one in bedroom and one in living room), 2 DVD players for 2 TVs, Bose system (superb sound quality), etc.
As we are not tech-savvy, we called the reception (because all numbers directed to reception) on things like how to use the docking system because after plugging in, no sound was produced and some other things. The reception reply us with patience all the time and when the staff came to our room to assist us, it is often within 5 minutes. We forgot to put our "Do not disturb" sign off, the housekeeping put a message on our door to inform us that they will come back again or we can dial for them. 6 star hospitality indeed.
The highlight of the stay was the bed. It's huge, a lot of pillows and very comfortable. If you do not like the feather pillows, you can choose from a few pillows which you can get from the housekeeping, including Buckwheat pillow, Tempur foam pillow, anti-stress pillow and few others. We prefer lying on the bed to watch tv, rather than sitting on the sofa.
Bathroom is good too with 2 basins, an over-sized bathtub and a shower area. The bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, hand soap and body lotion are of good quality, non-drying. As mentioned, we had bubble bath in our package. The butler came and prepare the bath, then place a rubber ducky at the side of the bathtub. To be frank, this is the first time I'd tried bubble bath. Though i didn't quite like it but it's an experience and after the bath, my skin feels soft. We made a mess in the bathroom with "bubbles" and called the housekeeping to help clean up. Two staff did the cleaning in less than 10 minutes. We expect the housekeeping to just clean the bathroom but they have tidied the whole suite instead. They also did a turn-down service for us which they switch on the mood lights, tidied the bed (for ready to sleep), placed slippers on each side of bed, and chocolates on each side table. A very nice touch.
The room card can only access the floors that you are staying in and other floors that are available to room guests. For example, if you are staying on level 28, then you cannot access levels 4-27 and levels 29-32.
Breakfast is at the Greenhouse with a wide variety of spread with dim sum, japanese, pastries, cereals, egg station, salad, smoked meat/fish, porridge, rice, waffles, yakult, yoghurts, fruit juices, etc. We didn't quite like the tastes of most of the food.
Good times always passes fast. Our stay here made us felt welcome. We are looking forward to another stay here soon!
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore
- Ritz Carlton Singapore
- Ritz Singapore
- Ritz-Carlton Singapore
- Singapore Ritz-Carlton
- Singapore Ritz
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes away from some of Singpaore's most iconic attractions including the Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer, this newly-renovated luxury hotel provides privileged access to one of the world's most vibrant cities. While the panoramic glittering views of the city skyline and Marina Bay invites exploration, the centrally-located hotel has some outstanding reasons for guests to stay in, ranging from the stellar collection of 4,200 contemporary art pieces including works by Frank Stella, Dale Chihuly and Andy Warhol, as well as the lush idyllic pool perfect for enjoying the tropical warmth at. Guests enjoy a multitude of shopping, dining and entertainment options at three shopping malls accessible via covered skybridge as well as public transportation options within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Otel, Olotels, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.