“The Hotel Is True To What One Would Expect.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
New York City, New York
“The Hotel Is True To What One Would Expect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This last visit to Singapore I decided to stay at The Ritz Carlton Millenia. It is exactly as you would expect, with a couple of surprises. It is modern, tall, and very "Singapore Immaculate." My suite was well appointed, and comfortable. If you are a person who loves spacious bathrooms when traveling, you will not be disappointed. The walls of my powder room were all glass, providing a vertigo inducing view of the city! I know that most that choose this hotel will love this feature... but I am a bit of a land- lover... so never mind me! It was very pretty to bathe in the moonlight, and seeing the city's lights, after a typical sticky and humid day! I did like it there, however, I prefer to reside in places that display more of whatever city's authentic charm. I was able to find some, poolside. It was small (in a good way) and loaded with beautiful and lush vegetation along the patio and surrounding areas. The sushi restaurant inside the hotel was the most incredible sushi I have ever tried. Very high quality. One thing that I must confess to not being fond of, is staff related. The hotel is rather large, and therefore hyper- staffed. Every time I would walk in or out, I felt obliged to speak. Normally, this would be a positive thing, but when you literally pass about ten to fifteen staff members, that from the moment you hit the lobby elevator, to your driver outside, that's a lot of obligatory dialogue! I know that they are trained to be hospitable, but after a long flight- and a difficult adjustment to the new time zone, I recall wishing that I could get from point A to point B, without practically speaking in my sleep! If you are into the "big hotel chain experience" than this is the place for you!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I stayed here for about a week in March of 2011, as part of a longer business trip in Asia. I picked this hotel based on an attractive corporate rate, and also based on positive reviews.

Check-in: A very warm welcome from the staff, as was the case every time I interacted with them. I had a marina view room with an amazing view of central Singapore. The staff helped me to my room and showed me all of its features.

The Room: My room was huge, as was the bathroom! A nice king-sized bed that was very comfortable, and a large and airy bathroom with its own window and great views of the city. A nice walk-in closet and also a great workspace - probably the best of any hotel I've stayed at. Overall the room was amazing and I couldn't fault a thing.

Amenities: I used the laundry service a couple of times and it was great. The pool area was very nice and also had great service from the staff. I did not use any other amenities.

Dining: I ate twice at the Greenhouse buffet, which I would say was average for the price (over S$100 with drinks). The selection was good and items were re-stocked on a regular basis. As a solo traveller I didn't feel very welcome though. This was probably my only real complaint.

Location: The location is good, but not great. The MRT is not very convenient, and it's not easy to walk in or out of the hotel (you have to walk on the road). This place clearly wasn't designed with pedestrians in mind. With that said, it was always easy to get a taxi, and additionally, I was able to walk to several shops and the MRT without much hassle. The hotel is very convenient for the Marina Bay Sands casino.

Service: Everyone was very friendly and clearly had been well-trained to provide great service. Every request was met effortlessly and quickly.

Verdict: Despite a couple of minor annoyances, I loved this hotel. I'd happily stay here again.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

You cannot beat the Far East for its quality of hotels and the Ritz is no exception. Great sized room, excellent restaurants - the Summer Pavillion has some of the best dim sum I have eaten. Helpful staff and a great location (but then in Singapore everything is a 10min cab ride). Cannot fault this hotel for anything...

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

- Stayed a week on business.

- Awesome room. I travel frequently in APAC and at the corp rate that I use this property blows away all the other 5 star places I've stayed- spacious, clean, well designed, impressive attention to tech and luxe detail, awesome view (insist on a room facing the marina), and everything worked.

- Awesome location. If you feel like using the MRT the nearest station is 5mins away. Casino is across the bridge. Great bar at Marina Bay.

- Awesome service. Attentive and helpful.

- Can't comment much on the restaurants as I only had breakfast there, which was average but certainly not a dampener to the rest of the package. Heard great things about their Chinese restaurant.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Despite the addition of many new luxury hotels in Singapore, this one still manages to keep up its standards.

The Greenhouse was packed on Sunday for breakfast with hotel guests, evidence that this hotel still pulls in the travellers. My Deluxe Marina Bay room showed signs of an upgrade (I have no idea when this was done) with plush coverings for doors cupboards and drawers. The shower stall has been upgraded. The desk has also been upgraded but does not fit well into its corner of the room. The high-tech new phone was too high tech for me to know how to use it!. The views of the new Sands casino and the bay from the bedroom and bathroom continue to impress

The poor experience was at the Summer Pavilion, the Chinese restaurant. Service was very poor and not befitting the hotel. Even the food was below par. Despite being expensive. A place to avoid

Aside from that, nothing to complain and happy to be back!

texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

My husband and I were there for 7 days for a conference. We had the best service ever from the time we arrived there until we left. Anything we requested was done immediately.. The view of the bay and the city was awsome. The Room with king was huge so was the bathroom. We travel a lot and been to thoughout Europe and many asian countries. This tops it so far. The Last night they reccommended to eat in one of their restaurants for peking duck which i had desired and thought of going to china town. But we decided to try the restaurant at the hotel. I have had that in hong kong few years back. This was also very good and crispy and tasty. Excellent food and excellent hotel . The beds were one of a kind. You can just hide under those soft comfy comforters and pillows. We never lost our sleep inspite of the time change. We even purchased their towels to bring back. I wanted the duvet cover and pillow cases but i did not. I regretted it later.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Manhattan, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Last December I stayed at the Ritz Carlton while attending a television conference at the Suntec Convention Center. The expo space is conveniently accessible by walking through a series of interconnected malls – you barely even have to step outside (an especially important feature in Singapore’s hot and humid weather).

Besides enjoying the hotel’s close access to shopping, I also got a chance to explore the beautiful pool area which includes a cascading waterfall. While it might not be as new as the pool at the Mandarin Oriental, it has a tropical atmosphere surrounded by beautiful trees – an escape I appreciated after long days working and shopping.

All hotel rooms are spacious, and all bathrooms feature that amazing window above the bath. Since I requested a room on a top floor, I had great views from every window.

Like everyone I met in Singapore, the hotel staff was extremely gracious and accommodating. If you have any questions about getting around town, they are more than happy to help.

Hotel room service offers many diverse food options: Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, Korean and American! The food was good, but not amazing. To truly experience Singapore you must eat in a local restaurant or hawker stall. It was here that I had one of the most inexpensive and delicious meals of my life. Take a look at my photos and Singapore travel and shopping advice on TheJetShopper.com

Bon voyage!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore? Share your experiences!