We stayed only 1 night on a stop over from Bangkok to San Francisco. Booked a standard room through the hotel's web site and easily arranged for airport transfer. Airport transfer met with no problems and it was only a short 15-20 minutes to hotel. The Shangri-La has a nice check in policy of showing you immediately to your room. This was much appreciated and is a very nice feature. The hospitality specialist that handled our check-in was professional and efficient. Our room was spacious with a great view of Singapore and everything looked updated on the surface. Nice bed linens and comfy bed. The vanity area was set up well with a hair dryer...very convenient arrangement. If you look closely though, things are worn and a little dirty...much like the rest of the hotel. There was a substantial amount of mold in the shower. We were brought some tea right away which was nice and two plums which were were mealy so we tossed them. Walking around the hotel we noticed an odd smell which we were never able to place and we didn't like. Lunch at the cafe was extremely pricey and mediocre. Even by "hotel food" standards. Service was slow and unfriendly. The dessert bar area is a nice touch and we purchased some excellent chocolates. The counter person there was very nice and helpful. The pool area is fabulous and is the reason to stay here. It is great for kids with a several areas of varying depths. Pool area had lush greenery and beautiful fountains. The jacuzzi could be warmer but the jets were great. We checked out the Blu bar on the top floor of the the hotel which has incredible views. The restaurant manager was very friendly. Very pricey but really, you can't beat the view. Overall, the vibe of the hotel seems to cater to older travelers or people on business trips where family comes along. This may not be fair, but after the hip fresh D2 in Chiang Mai where we had just came from this hotel seemed stodgy and did not positively compare. This may just be our demographic. Overall, service in the hotel, with the exception of the main cafe, was excellent but something just didn't seem to come together for the total experience you expect from this level of hotel. I think for the price you can get more value for your money elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Hotel
- Shangri La Hotel Singapore
- Shangri La Singapore
- Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consistently ranked as one of the top luxury hotels in Asia and the world, Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore is where the legendary hospitality of Shangri-La first began. The hotel, which sits amid 15 acres of luxuriant gardens and greenery, is a short stroll from the main entertainment and shopping belt of Orchard Road. This luxury hotel in Singapore comprises 747 luxury guestrooms and suites in three distinctive wings: the contemporary Tower Wing, the nature-inspired Garden Wing and the exclusive Valley Wing. There are also 15 acres of landscaped gardens, which is home to numerous plant and flower species, as well as a large school of luminous red and gold Japanese Koi residing in ponds filled by tumbling waterfalls.Inspired by nature, there is a daily Tai-Chi demonstration with a Tai-Chi master and Koi feeding ceremony by a Koi Master, in the Atrium of the new Garden Wing.A wide range of recreational facilities is available at the hotel, including the newly-opened CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, 24-hour gym, a Jacuzzi, a sauna and steam room. Guests have the option of a game of tennis or having a swim in the freeform pool. There is a 3-hole golf course for putting practice.The hotel houses several dining outlets for great culinary experiences. From classical Japanese kaiseki at Nadaman to international favourites at The Line and the best of authentic Cantonese delicacies at Shang Palace, guests will enjoy excellent meals and ever-attentive service. A new dining concept, Waterfall Café, offers creative yet healthy cuisine. Guests can also relax with high tea served at The Rose Veranda which features 164 varieties of TWG teas, sip a Cheongsam, Shangri-La’s signature cocktail, in the Asian-inspired Lobby Court or savour premium wines amidst panoramic city views at BLU Bar.All guests will have access to the peaceful gardens, large free-form pool and world-class dining options. Guests will also enjoy signing privileges at the nearby Traders Hotel, Singapore and Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort on Sentosa Island. A business centre with internet and meeting room facilities is available for the convenience of the business travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Venere, Amex, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.