I loved this hotel, the ONLY downside was the price.
Absolutely perfect rooms, great bed and the bathroom had no faults at all. Staff were very helpful and the hotel was in a marvellous location indeed. The pool was a great asset and the hotel itself is close to a shopping centre too.
The breakfast is one of the best hotel breakfast's I've had although it is a little steep for price, I'm going again in a month and not going for the breakfast as it is about £25 a day.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Hotel
- Shangri La Hotel Singapore
- Shangri La Singapore
- Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consistently ranked as one of the top luxury hotels in Asia and the world, Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore is where the legendary hospitality of Shangri-La first began. The hotel, which sits amid 15 acres of luxuriant gardens and greenery, is a short stroll from the main entertainment and shopping belt of Orchard Road. This luxury hotel in Singapore comprises 747 luxury guestrooms and suites in three distinctive wings: the contemporary Tower Wing, the nature-inspired Garden Wing and the exclusive Valley Wing. There are also 15 acres of landscaped gardens, which is home to numerous plant and flower species, as well as a large school of luminous red and gold Japanese Koi residing in ponds filled by tumbling waterfalls.Inspired by nature, there is a daily Tai-Chi demonstration with a Tai-Chi master and Koi feeding ceremony by a Koi Master, in the Atrium of the new Garden Wing.A wide range of recreational facilities is available at the hotel, including the newly-opened CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, 24-hour gym, a Jacuzzi, a sauna and steam room. Guests have the option of a game of tennis or having a swim in the freeform pool. There is a 3-hole golf course for putting practice.The hotel houses several dining outlets for great culinary experiences. From classical Japanese kaiseki at Nadaman to international favourites at The Line and the best of authentic Cantonese delicacies at Shang Palace, guests will enjoy excellent meals and ever-attentive service. A new dining concept, Waterfall Café, offers creative yet healthy cuisine. Guests can also relax with high tea served at The Rose Veranda which features 164 varieties of TWG teas, sip a Cheongsam, Shangri-La’s signature cocktail, in the Asian-inspired Lobby Court or savour premium wines amidst panoramic city views at BLU Bar.All guests will have access to the peaceful gardens, large free-form pool and world-class dining options. Guests will also enjoy signing privileges at the nearby Traders Hotel, Singapore and Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort on Sentosa Island. A business centre with internet and meeting room facilities is available for the convenience of the business travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.