On our way back from Europe to Australia, and the Shangri-la's Horizon Club offered everything we needed for a luxury (almost) 24 hour stay on a Friday night, including and especially late checkout on the Saturday. The room could not have been more comfortable and the view magnificent.The Club breakfast and facilities were excellent, as was the pool. The staff were unfailingly courteous and helpful. Thank you to Sylvester who extended our check out time further, as we were feeling fairly fatigued and this meant we could go direct to the airport without having to kill time. Only thing we missed out on was the complimentary cocktail as we arrived too late at the hotel, and I would say for international travellers at the Horizon Club a voucher would be the fairer way to go rather than applying a time limit. Everything at the hotel was perfect. The Chinese restaurant staff were very helpful as we arrived very late in their dinner schedule and were glad of the quiet space compared with the rather noiser Line restaurant. It was a fine dinner. My family will be trying out the Rasa Sayang in Penang in January and I am hopeful that the Shangri-la experience will be of the same standard. Simply the best.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Hotel
- Shangri La Hotel Singapore
- Shangri La Singapore
- Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consistently ranked as one of the top luxury hotels in Asia and the world, Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore is where the legendary hospitality of Shangri-La first began. The hotel, which sits amid 15 acres of luxuriant gardens and greenery, is a short stroll from the main entertainment and shopping belt of Orchard Road. This luxury hotel in Singapore comprises 747 luxury guestrooms and suites in three distinctive wings: the contemporary Tower Wing, the nature-inspired Garden Wing and the exclusive Valley Wing. There are also 15 acres of landscaped gardens, which is home to numerous plant and flower species, as well as a large school of luminous red and gold Japanese Koi residing in ponds filled by tumbling waterfalls.Inspired by nature, there is a daily Tai-Chi demonstration with a Tai-Chi master and Koi feeding ceremony by a Koi Master, in the Atrium of the new Garden Wing.A wide range of recreational facilities is available at the hotel, including the newly-opened CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, 24-hour gym, a Jacuzzi, a sauna and steam room. Guests have the option of a game of tennis or having a swim in the freeform pool. There is a 3-hole golf course for putting practice.The hotel houses several dining outlets for great culinary experiences. From classical Japanese kaiseki at Nadaman to international favourites at The Line and the best of authentic Cantonese delicacies at Shang Palace, guests will enjoy excellent meals and ever-attentive service. A new dining concept, Waterfall Café, offers creative yet healthy cuisine. Guests can also relax with high tea served at The Rose Veranda which features 164 varieties of TWG teas, sip a Cheongsam, Shangri-La’s signature cocktail, in the Asian-inspired Lobby Court or savour premium wines amidst panoramic city views at BLU Bar.All guests will have access to the peaceful gardens, large free-form pool and world-class dining options. Guests will also enjoy signing privileges at the nearby Traders Hotel, Singapore and Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort on Sentosa Island. A business centre with internet and meeting room facilities is available for the convenience of the business travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Otel, Priceline, Olotels, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.