“Loved the Ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Mumbai
“Loved the Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

This is an expensive hotel. They have more personalised service (i.e. the people try to call you by your name). The have a traditional look. The location of the hotel is not good for tourist. It is fine for Business people.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed here after visiting FS Sayan, St. Regis Bali & FS Tokyo, so our expectations were high, as they should be when you're staying at any of FS properties.
First of all, our room was amazing, the restaurant, especially the breakfast buffet and lounge areas incredible and the locations is superb! But, unfortunately, the staff would not get a 10 from us, except for the concierges. We've visited many FS: Hawaii, Mexico, Thailand, Santa Barbara, SF, etc., and know what to expect.
I was really hoping for a super warm welcome from the bellmen right as we entered the doors and it just didn't happen. Then, we procceed to check in and that was a little challanging on it's own. I asked to speak to the manager, and unfortuntaely, I was.
Anyhow, they did upgrade us to a fabulous rooms and from then on we just knew that the overall service would be an 8, not the 10 we had gotten accustomed to.
Sorry, Four Seasons Singapore, we tried to overlook it, but the service was just too spotty and not consistent like the other properties.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

Our family stayed two nights at the Four Seasons hotel in Singapore on a trip through Asia in April. We usually stay in Four Seasons hotels, and are used to being treated well. Having said that, this stay was even better than what we normally experience. I was a little worried because I read a negative review on this site about FS Singapore, but we did not experience anything unfortunate during our time here. In fact, from the minute we were picked up from the airport until we were dropped off again, we only had a wonderful time.
Before we left, reservations called us and asked if we would like to participate in a special offer of a room upgrade for a little more than we agreed upon. We said yes, and we ended up staying in a huge two bedroom suite with massive living room / dining room - it was like being a rock star! We loved every second of it.
The hotel is in a great location for shopping: right on Orchard Road (from our rooms it was easy to see why the street had its name: the trees lining the road made a lovely green area between the skyscrapers), the bar and restaurants are trendy and attract locals as well as tourists or businesspeople; the hotel laundry was very good (I even took a picture of the basket our things were delivered in, it was so pretty); room service was fine, the food was pretty good and set up was faultless; I was given lessons in eating with chopsticks in the hotel restaurant by a wonderful waiter; and the tour guide which the concierge arranged for us was fantastic. He really gave us an in-depth tour of Singapore and Sentosa Island (which we wanted to have). My husband worked during our stay and found the hi speed internet access fine, and the correct plugs for various countries were supplied in a little bag in the desk.
The only negative thing I can think of is that, since our youngest is nine years old, we were not allowed to visit the really nice pool which is shown on the website. We did go to the rooftop pool, however, which was perfectly fine - and almost empty. Oh- and in the evening on the first night, we experienced some noise above us (presumably at this rooftop pool... cleaning or something) but as soon as we called downstairs about it, it was stopped.

All in all, I would definitely recommend staying here if you don't mind the expense and really like to be comfortable and pampered.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Durban
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights on our way to Japan. After reading previous reviews I was very worried and almost cancelled our booking. I am so glad I didn't. The room was lovely and spacious and grand. I have stayed at the Penninsula in Bangkok- my no 1 hotel of all the places I have stayed and this was great standard. They allowed us to check in at 7 am when we arrived to sleep with no extra charge. The bathrooms were huge and bed so comfortable. Location great, we could walk everywhere.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

I was in town to visit family and decided to stay at the Four Seasons Singapore. Perhaps one of the grand dames of the hospitality industry in Singapore, I had high hopes for the property. My experiences with the Four Seasons have always been memorable, so let's see what I recalled.

The location of the hotel in unrivaled. It's on Scotts Road, which is just off busy Orchard Road. Upon getting out of the car and stepping into the lobby, I felt this air of luxury. Good start. Our check-in was smooth and we were in our rooms within minutes. The room was clean and the bathroom big. What disappointed me was the state of the bed. Clearly, housekeeping had been in the room, but did not make up the bed to the level of a Four Seasons hotel (see photo). There were also some plumbing issues in the bathroom, which the hotel management was not able to fix during our stay.

I experienced a lunch and dinner service at One-Ninety, a casual, coffee shop style restaurant and, safe to say, thought the chicken rice was amazing! However, I'll warn readers that the prices are somewhat steep... it is the Four Seasons though, so I let that pass. While I was at the hotel, I also had to print out some documents after the business center had closed. The duty manager quickly opened it up for me and didn't even charge me for printing. Points to the hotel there.

I believe the hotel has undergone a renovation since my last visit, and I would love to go back and check out the property in the future. If you have the money to splurge, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

haven't been back to the 4 seasons Singapore for years but still the best hotel in town, not necessarily the most interesting hotel (from a design perspective) but the most comfortable hotel and the best service

it's the little things: i.e. being walked to your room by the same person that checks you in, coffee being delivered 5 am along with the wake up call, I didn't do this to them but my friend ordered food from another hotel (Mandarin Oriental apparently best known for their hainanese chicken rice) and they ordered it for her, picked it up and only charged her for the food+ taxi fare

if on company expense (as I was last week) I'd definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

The Four Seasons is located just a block off Singapore's most famous retail trail, Orchard Road. The rooms are beautiful, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was massive and well decorated. The service was strong from my arrival to my room. The food was high quality and fairly standard. If I had to rate the property on the aforementioned alone it would be five stars.

Let me tell you where things went wrong. On the second night of three day stay, I woke up at 4am (jet lagged) to shower but the water did not work. I am a reasonably relaxed traveler so I returned to bed and figured I would shower later when the problem was resolved. At 7am I walked into the shower and turned on the water. For a moment nothing happened and I shrugged, just then black water shot out all over me. This was not how I wanted to start my morning.

I called the front desk and explained the problem. They apologized but said the water was working. I told them that in fact it was not. They sent an engineer to my room who confirmed that I was not making it up. I called back down and explained that I had a meeting in an hour and needed a shower if not my own. They apologized and a manager came to take me to a different room to shower. He took me to a lower floor and showed me a room that had not been cleaned and had towels on the floor. I told him that I would prefer a room that was clean. He took me to a clean room and grabbed some towels. I was unhappy at this point but said little.

Once the manger left me I got into the shower and turned on the water... nothing happened. At this point I was very annoyed. I called down and the manager came back to the room and checked that in fact I was correct that there was no water. He left to talk with the engineer and I waited for 5 minutes. I finally called the front desk and explained my frustration and urgency. She got a second manager on the phone who said that I could shower in the gym. I told them forget it.

I canceled my meeting and awaited the hotel's response. They sent three mini desserts and a note apologizing for the issue. Having been to many 5 star hotels and, as a young man, worked at one, this was not what I expected from one of the highest regarded chains on the globe.

Final conclusion, I think the Four Seasons would likely be a great place for a stay in Singapore, it just so happens that this time it was not for me.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!