“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 290 hotels in Singapore
High Wycombe, England
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

First impressions count, so we were immediately positive about this hotel when the bellboy opened the door of our taxi and addressed us by name - how did he do that? This was reinforced when the woman at reception seemed to be appalled that there was a queue of one in front of us to check in and got our details and took us up to our room to check us in there. Not only was there a welcome pack with things to do, but she made sure she got all the information she needed to tailor the hotel's interactions with us according to our needs rather than theirs..

We stayed here for seven nights, and there was a constant sense that the hotel and all its staff wanted us to have en excellent experience, from the restaurant staff through to the pool, spa and foyer staff. What was as important was we felt like they meant it - not just parroting set phrases as we often might feel in US or European hotels.

Our length of stay entitled us to free wifi (otherwise S$10/day) and 10% off hotel food. The room was large and the bathroom luxurious. We were in an Executive Room, which was quiet, with a view down onto Orchard Blvd. There was also free coffee and pastries in the Business Lounge.

Okay, it's expensive, but it was worth it. It would be easy to spend slightly less and get a much lesser experience in Singapore. Only possible downside was it is a little out of the centre of town.

Room Tip: Executive room worth the extra.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AustinWSingapore, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Bignickandlittleted,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your recent stay with us - I'm sure that the pictures you've included with this review will be a useful reference for other guests as well!

Being your home away from home, it is important to us that your stay is personalised and you feel as comfortable as possible. I am thrilled to know that our staff had made your experience with us such a memorable one and we definitely look forward to having you with us again in the near future!

749 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

check in was delayed if i wanted a room upgrade otherwise was able to give me my prebooked room right away even though it was around 3pm.
upgraded room was rather awkward - no windows in bedroom and only twin beds.
lobby restaurant was only choice as other one was closed for renovations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AustinWSingapore, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear deepak328,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your stay with us.

While room upgrades are based on availability depending on the Hotel's occupancy, please be assured that we do our very best to meet every guest's preferences.

In our continued endeavour to ensure the services and facilities provided to our guests are second to none, we have indeed been in the process of implementing upgrades throughout the Hotel. However, our Chinese restaurant Jiang-Nan Chun (level 2) and newly remodelled One-Ninety Wood-fired Steak and Seafood (level 1) remain available for guests who wish to dine in the Hotel.

We hope to welcome you again soon for a renewed experience.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was booked into the Four Seasons during a recent business trip. Discovered that the hotel is near Orchard Rd, but not that close to destinations like Raffles Place, Tanjong Pagar, etc. The property was fine, as you would expect of the Four Seasons. The major annoyance for me was that at check-in, I was informed that i had been booked into a room with two twin beds, and that no rooms with king-sized beds were available. When I arrived in the room, I could see that the beds were tiny and smaller still when factoring in the oversized pillows and comforter. It was the smallest bed I had encountered since staying in a youth hostel at 19. As someone who stands 6'6", I'm surprised that a luxury hotel would present something like this to a full-grown adult. I returned to reception to complain and after some fussing with the system, I was reassigned to a room with a king-sized bed (earlier I had been told that no such rooms were available). This episode caused me to be quite late for an appointment. My other quibble is there are no standard toiletries provided aside from soap/shampoo, so you need to call room service for a toothbrush, razor, etc. In general a fine hotel, but not really up to a "luxury" standard in some respects.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AustinWSingapore, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Amirhk,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly share this with our team. I would like to apologize for the bed type issue you encountered upon arrival to our hotel. Regardless of the method of reservation our hotel will guarantee the bed type to ensure our guests' expectations are met. If you have the opportunity to share more insight I would be most appreciative. Our ability to improve our product and service offerings has been a hallmark for this hotel over the past 19 years and a major factor why we were just ranked as the best business hotel in Singapore by the Conde Nast Traveler's Readers Poll. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and I would be pleased to personally facilitate your reservation.

Director of Sales & Marketing
Lugano, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Maybe the décor is passé, and sure it's not as modern, sleek and up-to-date as many other hotels in Asia. But the service is so outstanding it beats the competition hands down. I would recommend it, not only because it is a perfect luxury hotel, but because service is unbeatable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AustinWSingapore, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear LudoAriosto,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review on TripAdvisor - your title is such a compliment and it makes us all so proud of the work that we do!

Please be assured that in our continued endeavour to ensure our services and facilities are a benchmark, we have been in the process of implementing upgrades throughout the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travels bring you back to our City In a Garden!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Faultless from arrival to departure. I was there on business and the location is a little removed from the CBD and the new Bay Financial Area. However unless it's raining cabs are available and the journey is quite quick. For me it was nice to return to the hotel and the relative quiet of the area.

Dear CBHSS,

Your review is very much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you home to your residence on Orchard Boulevard on your next trip to Singapore!

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights in the October/November time frame. The location is very convenient to the restaurants and shopping on Orchard street. There is a mall that connects the hotel to the Hilton hotel which is on Orchard Street itself. The hotel is very modern and in great shape. I found the rooms to be clean and modern. Staff was quite attentive. I thought the gym was well-equipped, if a bit small in area. On weekday mornings they provide free tea/coffee and croissants near the gym as well as in the reception area. Nice touch, particularly as the coffee and croissant quality are excellent. I had the buffet breakfast 3-4 times while staying at the hotel and it was of a very high quality with a great selection of food options.

My office is in a different part of town, so I had to take a 10 SGD taxi in the mornings, but it was quite worth it. When I had an issue they took care of it. I'd recommend this hotel to the business and the casual traveler and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Dear teekhe,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your recent stay with us.

I'm extremely delighted that you had enjoyed such a memorable experience and I'm sure that your review will be most useful to other guests as well, so thank you for your recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I originally planned to stay here for the entire week while I was in Singapore for business. However, I only stayed here for one night and checked out earlier. The reason is mainly the inconvenient location to business district. You need to take a cab and the waiting time is highly uncertain every morning during the peak hour. When I came downstairs to check out, I let the concierge know that I wanted to take a cab, however, they didn't get me in the queue until I finished check out five minutes later. Even though it's nothing big, I just thought that the service is not as good as what you usually expect from four seasons.

If you are here for business, I'd rather not recommend this one...

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AustinWSingapore, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Karen,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor, we sincerely appreciate it. I am so sorry you felt our location was inconvenient for your business trip. However, our hotel was recently rated as the best business hotel in Singapore by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler and our location is typically one of our strongest attributes. We take great pride in the variety of business, shopping, dining, nightlife and attractions in the immediate area offers but we certainly understand some travelers may prefer to stay in the financial district.
I would love an opportunity to speak with you directly to learn more in depth about your experience so I can share it with our team to improve our guests experience.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!