“Really a distinguished hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
4th Night Free!
Ranked #7 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Rosenheim, Germany
“Really a distinguished hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Wonderful warm atmosphere combined, great rooms coupled with excellent service. You really feel like a guest and not just a customer. I was really impressed when I was greeted by name when getting out of the taxi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AustinWatkins, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear robert g,

Thank you for your compliments posted here.

Our team takes great pride in the service and experience provided to our guests, so it is such a pleasure to hear that your stay was made more memorable by their personalised touches.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Director of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently organised a regional meeting here. Love the meeting room. The meeting package is definitely value for money. All the guests had a great time. Special thanks to Catering Sales Manager, Kaylynn Ng and her team who greatly assisted in ensuring that all the guests' needs and requests are well taken care off. One of the guests has allergy to garlic and I really appreciate the special care given by the staff at Four Seasons to this guest without creating fuss in front of the other guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rezani R,

First of all, thank you for choosing and trusting us to execute your recent regional meeting.

I am glad to hear your meeting was a success and that your guests had also enjoyed the seamless experience. To this end, it is our pleasure to personalise each experience, even if it is a dietary preference. I appreciate your time taken in writing this glowing review of our service, which is an affirmation of the attention to detail provided by our team. Kaylynn and her team will be thrilled to hear of your compliments!

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next meeting.

Sippy Downs, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at the Executive Suite for 10 nights in this great hotel. The service was outstanding and have exceeded our expectations. We found the staff genuine, friendly and always trying to make our stay memorable. Where do I start?

- Bell desk and doorman gives you the warmest greetings every time. We often go through the Hilton entrance on the other side and the difference was night and day

- Checkin was efficient, welcoming, ensuring we know the features of our room, letting us know they are always there to help, giving us a great start to our stay

- Concierge was helpful and always try their best to fullfil our request without us even asking, ringing multiple locations to try to secure us a table on some busy nights

- Pool staff provided some of the most exceptional service, seeing my 14months old daughter shivering and prompting her to get us a class of warm water straight away and not to mention the amenities whilst using the pool

- Reservations helped us organised a cake for my wife's birthday on arrival, giving her a big grin that I love to see

- Room service - the cake and macaroons were the most amazing, but what makes them great is their flexibility with the menu. Our daughter wouldn't eat for the whole day and they were helping us to find a solution when we called. Not to mention the daily fruits make us looking forward to get back to the hotel every night.

- Housekeeping - in my opinion they are the Star of our whole stay. Their attention to detail is second to none. After seeing our coins scattered on the table, we return and found a little tray to hold our coins; after seeing our daughter wet clothes and our swimmers hanging off the shower, we return and found them on hangers instead; after seeing the bottles and brush laying around near the sink, they have create an area with a towel underneath soaking up the dripping water. They are also invisible when you want them to, and service our room when we are away. They came promptly a couple of times when my daughter had a vomit in her cot and an accident on our bed, replacing all the sheets for us, and even giving our room a quick tidy up whilst at it. The housekeeper even refused to accept our tip after she had to clean our daughter's accident.

- Wi-Fi was quick and is probably the only hotel which I have stayed with no speed or intermittent issues

If there is one criticism, it is certainly at 190. Although our room doesn't include breakfast and there are so many options around the area, we made an effort to try out the buffet. There were so many variety of food (well, you can't taste them all), and taste great. You often found many hotel breakfast has the variety but the quality doesn't go right through and this is a true exception. The chefs in the hot food area are also very friendly as expected. The disappointment was the lack of warmth and smile from the junior waitresses and I don't feel that we were welcomed with our child. The manager (?) dressed differently was attentive and make sure our coffee was poured with a genuine smile, but the other waitresses seem to be avoiding our table. Clearing of the plates were slow and there were no effort to make us feel comfortable whilst our daughter is creating a little mess. I was trying to make the waitress life easier by cleaning up the food on the floor a number of times, but I didn't feel that was appreciated either. I am not saying that we are easy as our daughter was irritated and continue to make a mess, but ALL other restaurants we went to make an effort to let us know that it is okay, and it is their job to clean up and not ours.

Despite the little blip that doesn't seem to be in tune with the Four Seasons philosophy, we found our stay excellent and have no hesitation to return in our next trip to Singapore. I wish I have a chance to check out how they train and manage their staff to achieve such wonderful service and apply in my business. It was truly a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Book an executive suite if you have a young child as there is plenty of room for them to roam around
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear sparoz,

We are absolutely THRILLED by the feedback from your stay with us.

Your review is comprehensive and exemplifies the standard of service that we work hard to achieve. Our service has been our hallmark and I am so happy that you and your family had the opportunity to experience it - and from staff from all areas of the Hotel, no less! We endeavour to make each of our guest's stay a memorable one, so it is truly great to hear that our team had gone out of their way to make sure that yours was personalised to your needs. I am sure that the teams from Bell Desk, right down to Housekeeping, will be so proud when I share your compliments with them!

I want to acknowledge your comments about the service at One-Ninety and would like to apologise that we had fallen short of your expectations when you dined with us. Please be assured that your feedback is taken constructively and will be shared with the team at the restaurant.

Your review has certainly been very detailed and I am sure that the pictures of the suite which you have shared will also be useful to guests travelling with children - having a little boy of my own, I can truly appreciate it!

Once again, thank you for this heartwarming review and we look forward to your return visit!

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I spent four nights in the Four Seasons, located in a lush and green neighborhood of Singapore, right off Orchard Rd. The hotel's concierge staff is great! The doormen are fabulous! The rooms are large and comfortable. The hotel is located near tons of shopping and food options. I would definitely stay at the Four Seasons again.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the tennis courts as they are away from the main street and on the quiet b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear globetrottingdiva,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We can't wait to welcome you back home the next time you visit our City In A Garden!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Mention Four Seasons and I'm sure you already have your own set of expectations that comes with it. I was however somewhat disappointed with the experience.

The hotel is strategically located on Orchard Road, the shopping mecca in the heart of Singapore. It takes about 5 minutes away from Ion Shopping Centre and endless shopping malls beyond that. So for that I give it 5 out of 5.

But once inside the Four Seasons, I felt nothing special. The interior setting is designed with a modern minimalist concept, perhaps too minimal for Four Seasons standard. The combination of modern and oriental elements from tigers to Chinese dynasty vases, antiques, etc did not bode well, in fact it showcases too much of oriental influences that one might have thought he was in China instead of the very westernized Singapore. The only thing that attracted me the most is the lounge that is tastefully decorated with a touch of elegance, grace and class. The room is of average size but again it doesn't scream luxury. In fact I felt like I was in any other 5 star hotels (think Concorde, Royal Plaza on Scotts or Hyatt) where you get the same type of room and services but at a slightly lower price. There were no chocolates (After Eight mint chocolates for example) placed on the pillows after the room is made up. My consolation to the disappointment was the "Hollywood glam" bathroom that comes equipped with his and hers sinks a bathtub, a shower room and a toilet stall. But even the toiletries were a disappointment. One would have expected to have high-end miniature toiletries from the likes of Hermes, Givenchy or at the very least L'occitane. Instead what we get is a travel-size bottle of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel with Four Seasons engraved on it. The fragrant? The typical smell of a hotel shampoo/shower gel. What a letdown.

Food wise it was just okay. Perhaps the hotel should also introduce halal food since the hotel does receive quite a large number of Muslim guests including dignitaries from Malaysia, Brunei and the Middle East. The service was above average but not outstanding.

Maybe my expectation was too high but then again this is Four Seasons we're talking about. It should have been impressive to say the least. If I knew I would have had this sort of experience, I would not have stayed here in the first place. Overall, it wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't the best as it should have been.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
A_Chahwan, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Idrila

Thank you for taking the time to write. We are always proud to be associated with luxury hence disappointed to learn that we have failed to meet your expectations on this recent stay.

Despite the hotel's contemporary exterior, Four Seasons Hotel Singapore has been designed to take its guests back in time, to an era when travel was more leisurely, and when hotels were built as grand residences. One gracious touch of the past is its large collection of artworks, acquired in auctions and through private collectors. The hotel houses some 1,500 pieces of Asian and International paintings and sculptures, including treasures from China and Malaysia. As for the in-room toiletries, they are all products of L'Occitane except for our four named suites which have Bvlgari toiletries instead.

We thank you for your feedback on having halal food introduced in our property, please be informed that any special dietary from guests can be made available, upon request.

On behalf of the team I would like to apologize for the areas that fell short of your expectations. Please be assured that we take all feedback as opportunities to review and improve ourselves.
We certainly hope to welcome you again for a renewed experience.

Antoine Chahwan
Regional Vice President and
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I can't recall if I ever stayed at Four Seasons when I was lots younger, well, so let's make this was my first Four Seasons experience then.... I always heard lots of compliments bout FS, esp. for my ex-partner who has been staying numbers of FS in the world. Due to his early time in Singapore, he was staying there for a month before the company confirmed his contract to full-time instead just "helping" the Singapore site. And before end of the contract, the company put him stay at FS again (bout 2 years later) for another month before they sent him back to US. So here you go with my review.

According to him, FS is fantastic with room, hospitality and greetings and so... That's what I thought too. FS should be in very high standard, or I should exclusive standard compared to so called 5 star hotel. To me, FS is even much more luxury compared to Marriott Hyatt that kind of hotels; in short, I was with very high expectation towards FS and always looking forward to stay there at least once. When I first entered FS Singapore, I found it doesn't really looks like a "luxury-hotel" between the pathway of lobby towards the elevator, it's more like a luxury-condo concept, not too commercial but yet, simple and you still can feel the grand and luxury of the place....

The room was bit disappointed to me, well, I just think the room was bit "commercialized" to me, probably I just expected too much then, esp. after he told me that was an "upgraded-room", so I "increase" my expectation slightly higher than before... Well, as I said, the room was just like "so-so" to me anyways.... I'm not saying it's not good, it was great and grand, but... well, I don't know, it's just totally different from what I used to heard bout FS since many years ago...

The bathroom was huge, with separated huge bathtub and shower, it was very spacious, but I really don't have the "wow-factor" which I heard from others bout other FS in other countries included Singapore. Again, as I said maybe I just expected too much from FS then .... :)

I realized one thing, which u guys might think that's not important - which is greeting the guest by the name.... I don't really expect the staff will remember my name if I just stayed for few days... But, he've been staying there for like a month, or slightly more than a month, with in and out the hotel several times a day - and none of the staff could ever address him by his name? Well, I don't know, I just don't think this is usual and common for this category of hotel then.... :)

Overall, very good location, located just behind the main Orchard road, with lots of greeneries around~ It isn't a bad choice anyways, and pretty worth to check it out.... :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear calvenracquel,

Feedback from our guests is important to us as we continue to work toward improving ourselves, so thank you for sharing this detailed review of your time with us.

The contemporary exterior of the Hotel belies our uniquely residential interior, which is both grand and gracious. Despite being a medium-sized Hotel, our rooms and bathrooms are relatively spacious. I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience all of this first-hand.

While our staff have been known for our personalised service and guest recognition, I do apologise that this was not experienced during your visit and that of your ex-partner's. Please be assured that all feedback from guests are taken constructively and will be highlighted to our team.

I would like to apologise once again that we fell short of your expectations and if your travel plans bring you to Singapore again, we hope to be able to welcome you back for a renewed experience.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Lovely welcome including gift for our 2 1/2 year old daughter. We stayed in a suite and they had set it up with an extra bed in the lounge area. For families I would recommend a suite as it is huge, has 2 bathrooms, dining area and enough space to spread out.
Breakfast was huge and a great selection - it does get busy but they have plenty of space.
Swimming pool was nice with some toys for children and an excellent view over the city.
Only surprise was the price of dry cleaning but this is a business hotel I suppose.
Whilst the hotel was busy & aimed more at the business traveller we were made to feel welcome at all times and they could not have done more to make our stay any better as a family.

Room Tip: Kids = suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hairloos30,

Thank you for your wonderful review about our Hotel.

We are very happy to hear that you and your family had such a great time during your recent visit. Our young guests' comfort is just as important to us as it is to their parents, hence, it's good to know that our array of family-oriented amenities contributed towards a memorable visit for your family.

Should your travels take you back to Singapore, allow us the pleasure of welcoming all of you back to your residence!

Director of Marketing

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!