“Classic hotel, excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free!
Ranked #8 of 291 hotels in Singapore
London, United Kingdom
“Classic hotel, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The warmest welcome and most friendly staff await your arrival. This hotel is all about service. Our suites were ready on arrival. Very large spacious suites with loads of room a huge bathroom and enormous bed. The view to the back is not exciting however the front view overlooks Orchard Road and the city skyline.
Breakfast is great. The service is exemplary and there is a wide range of quality foods and fruits.
Location is great but I understand that the harbour side is where all the hustle and bustle is. Ion shopping mall is very close by together with loads of other shopping and the MRT metro system which is very clean and safe. The hotel location suited us fine as we were centrally located to the business areas and shopping.
The entrance is not grand, there is no large breath taking foyer. The hotel lacks an atmosphere. There is no free wi-fi which is a shame for the price you pay.The hotel is a little tired but it oozes class.
Concierge are brilliant and very helpful. The doormen are courteous and always offered an umbrella - it always rained in the afternoon.
Great location and service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

817 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at hotel overnight, it lived up to our expectations. Consistently reliable high standard and service. Fantastic beds ! We stay at four seasons because they have THE most comfortable beds out of any of 5* hotels. Like sleeping on a cloud. Bed Linen has a luxurious silky feel, not the usual hotel standard issue. When travelling quality of sleep is important to us. it's No wonder they win industry awards for their beds! Great location, can walk everywhere, close to shops & restaurants on orchard rd. no need for taxi's or a car. Only complaint No free wifi !! Very disappointed. We travel all over the world and free wifi is now expected from the savvy traveller.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was our first stop in Singapore. We were on our way to Australia. The Four Seasons was fantastic. It was just in the right position, close to the shops and restaurants however, for us, it was the standard of service that made it shine so brightly.

Every single member of staff we came into contact with was fantastic. Our room was very big, the bathroom had an enormous shower. There were plenty of fresh, clean, soft towels.

The breakfast was unbelievable. Expensive but worth every penny. The service could not be faulted.

We would stay here again and again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Sensational service, brilliant hotel and overall just a fantastic experience.

We booked into the Four Seasons as part of our mini honeymoon and stayed for 4 nights. We were going to book into the Marina Bay Sands based on the very little research I had done on Singapore but were referred to the Four Seasons by a local friend, who said that the Four Seasons was a better option. He was spot on.

On arrival we were given glasses of juice and water while we checked in. The staff advised us that we had been upgraded to the 'Couples floor' which meant our room was upgraded and we also received a few additional extras such as chocolate covered strawberries and so forth. This was despite booking through an external website. The staff also ensured that our room was ready for us to check into at 8am even though check in wasn't until 2pm.

The service we received while at the hotel was second to none. From the door men, the porters through to the concierge, the staff at the hotel couldn't do enough for us.

The hotel is well located within the shopping district of Orchard Road and is only a 7 SGD taxi ride to the Marina. It has all the facilities you could want from a spa, two pools (including a roof top pool and jacuzzi) 4 tennis courts (2 indoor). The hotel also advised us that we could use the shower and hotel facilities after we checked out and waited for our late night flight.

Thank you to the staff at the hotel for making our holiday such a memorable experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here on our anniversary stopover trip to Singapore. This is an amazing place. The staff is unbelievably nice and the property is amazing. We loved our room and slept so well after our travels. The breakfast was a feast to behold. We highly recommend this property for your couples trip to Singapore.

Room Tip: Let them know it is a special occasion (anniversary) and they will make your stay very special
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at the Four Seasons Singapore for three or four nights on a stopover to Europe. The service was ... I'm struggling to find a word to describe how good it was. From reservation to departure the service was outstanding: perfectly choreographed and appropriately pitched. The staff were effective, confident, polite and formal enough, while also being outgoing and friendly.

Together with the design of the public spaces (there are numerous intimate spaces that feel like the sitting areas of a house, instead of a grand lobby that feels like the hall of a train station) the service contributed to a very pleasant atmosphere in which even the other guests seemed nice and at ease, rather than being as demanding and stressed as at other hotels. It was hard not to be in a cheerful mood in this place.

The hotel's Executive Chef, Giovanni Speciale, deserves special mention for how he organised a special menu to deal with my medical dietary restrictions (I took all meals at the hotel). The reservations people passed on my request and kept me informed of where it was at and what response I should expect, Chef Giovanni created the menu and met me to discuss it, the room service people were always fully informed so I never had to explain myself and were proactive in thinking ahead to what I might need next, and the chefs and waiters created and delivered food that both tasted excellent and met my requirements (no mean feat!). They even prepared a lunch to take with me for my onward flight, so while other passengers suffered through the meal service, I could munch away on my much better picnic. (The Four Seasons' response to my request also compared very favourably to the distinct lack of response days later of the Grosvenor House, the supposedly second best hotel in Dubai ... )

The fitness centre was great - well equipped, particularly for a hotel of this size.

The interior design wasn't as stand-out and try-hard as at other hotels and based on pictures I'd seen I didn't expect to think much of it, but once I was there it looked very nice and felt comfortable - you come back to the hotel after a day out and it feels like home rather than a musuem.

The rooms were nice enough, the location was handy, but above all the service and atmosphere made this hotel a favourite. Having stayed in Singapore often enough to have run out of new things to do during visits, and having often in the past wished I could leave sooner (even when staying at hotels as good as the Ritz Carlton), I this time found myself wanting to stay longer as I enjoyed staying at this hotel so much. Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My parents, my brother and I booked two rooms to spend our Diwali Festival in Singapore this year. We stayed for 3 nights, an executive suite for my parents and a deluxe room for my brother and I. I drove into Singapore and needed parking facilities.. i must say that the parking was spacious and ample space is available. The check in was pretty fast and simple. They showed us to our room. We were in our room in minutes actually. literally. They provided us with Diwali goodies. Very thoughtful and was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast was awesome. Service was excellent. Very attentive and swift response to our needs. I have elderly parents with me and they took very good care of them. The hotel housekeeping was very good and prompt to our needs. The bed was very comfy and we had choice of pillows to choose from. The bathroom was very spacious. We loved it. The door man, the concierge was very attentive and very welcoming. I feel that this hotel is ideal for family to have their vacation in singapore. Its not busy and very personalized. its like a home away from home. Location is excellent. Its just a stroll away from orchard road and ION Orchard. Its quiet and you could laze around the hotel lobby without being disturbed. A good place to chill and relax. We had a perfect getaway. Thumbs up..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!