“Very pleasant atmosphere, best service ever” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free!
Ranked #8 of 292 hotels in Singapore
New Zealand
“Very pleasant atmosphere, best service ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at the Four Seasons Singapore for three or four nights on a stopover to Europe. The service was ... I'm struggling to find a word to describe how good it was. From reservation to departure the service was outstanding: perfectly choreographed and appropriately pitched. The staff were effective, confident, polite and formal enough, while also being outgoing and friendly.

Together with the design of the public spaces (there are numerous intimate spaces that feel like the sitting areas of a house, instead of a grand lobby that feels like the hall of a train station) the service contributed to a very pleasant atmosphere in which even the other guests seemed nice and at ease, rather than being as demanding and stressed as at other hotels. It was hard not to be in a cheerful mood in this place.

The hotel's Executive Chef, Giovanni Speciale, deserves special mention for how he organised a special menu to deal with my medical dietary restrictions (I took all meals at the hotel). The reservations people passed on my request and kept me informed of where it was at and what response I should expect, Chef Giovanni created the menu and met me to discuss it, the room service people were always fully informed so I never had to explain myself and were proactive in thinking ahead to what I might need next, and the chefs and waiters created and delivered food that both tasted excellent and met my requirements (no mean feat!). They even prepared a lunch to take with me for my onward flight, so while other passengers suffered through the meal service, I could munch away on my much better picnic. (The Four Seasons' response to my request also compared very favourably to the distinct lack of response days later of the Grosvenor House, the supposedly second best hotel in Dubai ... )

The fitness centre was great - well equipped, particularly for a hotel of this size.

The interior design wasn't as stand-out and try-hard as at other hotels and based on pictures I'd seen I didn't expect to think much of it, but once I was there it looked very nice and felt comfortable - you come back to the hotel after a day out and it feels like home rather than a musuem.

The rooms were nice enough, the location was handy, but above all the service and atmosphere made this hotel a favourite. Having stayed in Singapore often enough to have run out of new things to do during visits, and having often in the past wished I could leave sooner (even when staying at hotels as good as the Ritz Carlton), I this time found myself wanting to stay longer as I enjoyed staying at this hotel so much. Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

860 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My parents, my brother and I booked two rooms to spend our Diwali Festival in Singapore this year. We stayed for 3 nights, an executive suite for my parents and a deluxe room for my brother and I. I drove into Singapore and needed parking facilities.. i must say that the parking was spacious and ample space is available. The check in was pretty fast and simple. They showed us to our room. We were in our room in minutes actually. literally. They provided us with Diwali goodies. Very thoughtful and was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast was awesome. Service was excellent. Very attentive and swift response to our needs. I have elderly parents with me and they took very good care of them. The hotel housekeeping was very good and prompt to our needs. The bed was very comfy and we had choice of pillows to choose from. The bathroom was very spacious. We loved it. The door man, the concierge was very attentive and very welcoming. I feel that this hotel is ideal for family to have their vacation in singapore. Its not busy and very personalized. its like a home away from home. Location is excellent. Its just a stroll away from orchard road and ION Orchard. Its quiet and you could laze around the hotel lobby without being disturbed. A good place to chill and relax. We had a perfect getaway. Thumbs up..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were looking for a hotel to stay for only 1 night to attend a relative's wedding & visit an ailing relative. We were initially a bit shocked when upon arriving the hotel there was no one to assist us to unload our baggage but luckily a bell boy/parking attendant greeted us upon almost entering the lobby! The check in was easy as our family member had checked in earlier. Upon arrival in the room we were pleasantly surprised at the macaroons & apple juice laid out for my 5 year old son! The hotel staff overall was friendly and helpful. I like the attention to detail especially by their concierge team who seem to be the best part of the hotel. I suffer from a chronic disease & they were constantly helpful with regards to where to eat & even spoke to the waiter at their lounge to allow me to speak to their chef for my special dietary room service order. However sad to note that the particular wait staff wasn't happy to assist & this made me feel quite uncomfortable! I will choose to stay here again for the overall customer service especially the concierge but would not want to deal with the unhappy wait staff but hats of to the chef who called my room to speak to me!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

A gorgeous hotel...a great locaton. The service was amazing..breakfast everyday was terrific. Dinner at the Cantonese restaurant was fablulous. We loved this hotel and it's location. The Concierge was Amazing!!! He planned all of our daily adventures!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

somewhat typical 4S hotel but more ornate and "less zen" than their other properties I've been to (Istanbul, NY, London, Paris, Bev Hills). The hotel has the magnificent florals as always but the overall feel is more busy that the other properties. Rooms are nice and the service is,as one would expect, impeccable. Of particular note is that this hotel had one of the best concierge desks I've seen in a long time. Not only willing to help and provide information but the two women i consulted with were very knowledgable about the airport, shopping ideas and restaurants. More so than the average concierge at other 5 star properties. I just didn't love the atmosphere as I do other 4S but it is truly a lovely hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am a member of the Marriott but due to a change in their awards program I search for another hotel. Then I came across a special on the Four Seasons. It was actually the same price as the Marriott. I had not stayed there for 5 years. I was so surprised at the level of service at this hotel compared to others in Singapore. It was like going to a different planet. Even the JW Marriott in Hong Kong , which I love, did not match this amazing hotel. Singapore is getting very expensive however it is worth the experience to pay alittle more for this fantastic hotel, also at a very good location. On check out day they brought me a cup of tea right after the wake up call. WOW

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Four Seasons brand stands out for its consistently high standards of accommodation and service. The Four Seasons in Singapore does not disappoint. It is well situated just off the bustling Orchard road. Close to shopping malls, restaurants etc. the nearby Ion shopping mall being the best. Ion also contains the Orchard stop on the MRT underground. It is well worthwhile the effort to become acquainted with the MRT system. It provides easy, quick and straightforward access to all the sights in Singapore. It is almost possible to walk the few minutes to Ion under shelter of trees and building canopies, important to bear in mind when you consider the likelihood of frequent showers at any time of day. The FS hotel itself provides high quality spacious accommodation. The hotel staff are very accommodating and go out of their way to help you. There are two restaurants. One a grill with standard European/US fare, and a Chinese restaurant on the third floor. The Chinese is excellent and reasonably priced. There is also a club room on the second floor which is not well advertised but provides coffee, cool drinks etc. Overall a great experience and if we returned to Singapore I would have no hesitation to stay at the FS.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!