“Good place for lunch in city area ” 4 of 5 stars

M Hotel Singapore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Anson Road, Singapore 079908, Singapore   |
Ranked #122 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Good place for lunch in city area ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had lunch here with my colleague. Location is great, walking distance from Tanjung Pagar MRT station. This area of the town is extremely crowded during lunch time. True enough there are many cheaper & good lunch options out there, but we wanted to talk a little comfortably. Good to find this place for quiet lunch. Decent selection of food especially seafood. Personally I love the salad and sweets. Price is reasonable. I definitely look forward to visit this place again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very good hotel, great locations and friendly front desk staff. I really enjoyed my stay and everyone seems very helpful and accommodating. Although, I have waited for check-in due to ques, but I have attended very fast and had my room ready immediately.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Without a doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Opulent. First class. The breakfast is out of this world. Evening meals were amazing. Free wi fi. Terrific laundry service. And the view is breathtaking. The cleanest place I have stayed in

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Westerham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed one night prior to a cruise. Arrived at 11.30 am and was told that we had to pay for an early check in or wait until 1.30pm. Agreed to pay but turned out to be £ 18. Room was clean but bathroom was dated.Breakfast was very expensive but there were plenty of cafes near hotel. We found service to be OK but as we had no problems we had limited contact with the staff. We found the central location ideal.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel on 4 & 5 April 2015 (2 nights).

Firstly, let's talk the staff. We checked in at noon with our tired 3 year old, but there was no King room available. I asked if we could just take any room, but the staff at reception requested for an early check in fee - I seriously thought it was a joke! But it wasn't. So we just parked our luggage and went out. Concierge staff were a bit indifferent. The next morning during bkf time, the restaurant staff were rather cold and rude. One walked right across my face when I was carrying some food in my hand. Terrible!

Secondly, the hotel really needs a facelift. Whilst music in the 80s and 90s is cool, a hotel that looks like it has not changed since that era certainly isn't. Why waste the location with all the furniture and décor from 20 years old??

Thirdly, I am not sure how many hotels around still charge you for wifi. This one does. Well, it may be a biz hotel, but most definitely not a biz savvy one!

Last but not least, the housekeeping staff probably need to pay more attention to the towels. My one had an unpleasantly unwelcomed bodily hair stuck on it!!! Yuk.

Anyway, glad it was a short stay. Unfortunately the 2 nights certainly felt rather long.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Recently checkin into M hotel. It has been my regular hotel along with M studio and Copthorne Kings within Millenium Hotels Group.
Unfortunately, recent check stay was screwed. They had low occupacy within the few days, so feeling comfortable i extended my stay up to 3 add days. But when i check out i was appauled. They had missed one of my deposits made.

Issue was, one the day i extended my day. The reception has a long line so i was led by a staff to check in at club lounge. I was check in my the club manager, and was told they receive cash but they will pass it to to reception and give me a receipt on it. This was 10am in morning

However at 8pm on same day, i receive a call in my room from the reception askig me if im extending my stay? Conclusion, my exetnsion stay wasnt reflected on their system all the way from 10am to 8pm. And i had taught they have resolve the matter.

As it turn out, i had to wait nearly an hr at the recep upon my check out.
Not only that, the guest beside me also had problems checkin in. It seemed that they wanted to resolve their long line during the check in rush hour but failed to do so efficiently. This guest reprimanded the staff for bringing him here and ther to check in but his room wasnt even ready. The only person who apologises to him was the reception staff but not the usher whom supposedly wanted to execute his checkin but failed. Broughthim like a ball here and there.

Also, during my recent stay this year, ive noticed appauling situations.
They seem to have too many local youngster which looked underage staying in the hotel whom are so noisy, followed by shady people as guest too. Im a local but i love stay cation alot and have a blog writting on diff hotels in sg for other locals who enjoy staycations. But being in circle of other local staycation goers, theres actually rumours of certain hotels in sg being booked by drug users to do their drug parties, M hotel is amongst the list of hotels recently. And i was shocked to actually see roudy guest on the same floor my room was at.

Now, i know that during houskeeping or when suspicion arrises, they do check the rooms of the local guest.Ive have personally witness a guest in mbs being arrested for drug usage in his room in the carpark of mbs while i was staying there.

Yes i do have my frens over from time to time, but i dont let them stay in.

There was this issue that happen in past before, 2 years back. They had a private party function on the 9th floor bar and swimming pool. The music was so loud that i could hear it from my club lounge room on 28th floor at 4am!!. I called the recep, and they said they will advised the event organiser on the issue. But sorry to say this, nothing was done. I pop my sleeping pills to sleep at 5 am giving up cause i really neede to sleep.

No doubt the staff there are all friendly. But does that mean when the occupancy is low and their room rate is low and many local Have their taycation during this time. All the sudden the service and efficiency goes down the drain?

I even had problem with asking for complimentary parking. I usually get 2 or 3 at a time cause i have meetings to go for even during my staycations. A staff at conceirge that seem to be new told me "1 complimentary ticket per guest". Then i told him i always get 2 or more. So everytime i have to go down to conceirge and get it? Then he ask a senior staff, that staff just told him to give an add ticket. Omg!! their new staff arent even trained properly, the new staff was so blurred yet confident but then again confused.

Now lets get this straight, being a loval i dont wantbto be stetro type as a typical singaporean who always complains. But was stay and checkout was really horeendeous.

I had a meeting at 2.30pm and was still st the counter at 2pm, the manager came forward and tried to settle the issue by offering to investigate on my missing unreflected deposit The next day because the club manager who checked me is only available teh next day.

Furthermore, he asked me, so what should they do? Give the deposit that reflected on their system back to me or the next day? You are a manager why are u asking me what should you do to resolve the matter.

This is how un proffesional and not efficiently M hotel is? Its disappointing being one of my most regular staycation hotels.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We reached at 12.15 pm but we were told to go back at 2 pm. We were told to top up if we want to get the room before 2 pm.

Because the hotel doesn't stagger the check-in time or allow early check-in, a long queue was formed at 2 pm. It took me 30 mins to get the keys.

We went to the swimming pool and there weren't any towel. I had to call the hotel main line to ask for towels.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to M Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!