“Nice enough hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book early and save 20%
Ranked #107 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Nice enough hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 3 weeks at the end of August on business. The location of the hotel was fantastic for my office, and great to get to teh MRT on weekends. My room was clean, well furbished and comfortable - which is all you really need from a hotel.

However, there were a few things that niggled me, and had I only been there for a week they probably wouldn't have, but after 2 weeks they were an irritant, byt the end of three weeks I was feeling quite down in the dumps about them

1) This will not bother 70% of the people who read this, but as a smoker, the lack of a nice smoking area frustrated me, so if you are a smoker, be prepared, there is no where to sit down, have a drink and read your book. My choices on where to smoke where the entrance to the car park across the road, which is where the builders and workers from the new building opposite hung out on their breaks, so as a female woman on my own I found this a little intimidating at times, but I didn;t let myself be put off. The other option was the balcony of the J bar, which was fine if you didn't mind paying $7 for a diet coke and were gone before the loud live music started. Although the pool areas is outside and more than 20 foot from the door there are no ashtrays around the pool which I took to mean you weren't supposed to smoke there - although that didn;t stop some people. This is not necessarily the hotel's fault due to the smoking laws in Singapore, but I do feel they could have done something to make a quiet smoking area available, or at least put an ashtray and a bin over by the car park entrance to stop people throwing rubbish and ends on the floor, and making the areas more untidy than it needed to be.

2) Breakfast - very very busy most monrnings. There were a few morning when I was there (mainly the mornig after a big event/wedding) the queue for breakfast was out the door and I gave up and went to the nearby McDonalds. It's very crowded, you can normally get a table without sharing but negotiating your way back to your table with a hot drink felt like an obstacle course at times avoiding the people looking for tables, swinging their bags around, stopping to look at something on the hot buffet and generally standing the most awkward place possible then looking at you like it is your fault when you say excuse me. So my advice is either go early, or don't bother. Also if you get fed up of trying to butter out of a butter pack with the equivalent of a steak knife, the staff will get you a butter knife if you ask. The food was nice enough when you fought through the crowd to get it, but most days the fight wasn't worth it and I just had toast.

3) The spa - I booked in for a massage on my first day to help the jet lag, the massage itself was good, but the girls seem to be on commission as they were trying to sell me more sessions during the massage, which kind of ruins the relaxation. I did end up buying an extra session as I got a 20% discount - however a few days later when I did a bit of research I realised that even with the discount I had paid about $100 more than the going rate locally. So if you are going to have any treatments in the spa a) be prepared for some strong sales, b) check out other places first and check that the price you pay for convinience isn't too much.

As I say overall my experience was good, and if you are only there for a few days/week then my niggles probably won't bother you. The mains things were absolutely fine, clean and comfortable rooms, good room service, reasonable TV channels, and the shower was really good.

I didn't catch the man's name but one concierge always greeted me by name during the whole three weeks, and when you are travelling on your own that is the kind of thing that makes you smile - so thank you to him.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Limassol, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed 5 nights in a Club room, and this may account for my positive experience compared to some of fellow TA writers, as both the room and the lounge were quite nice. Checking in and out was ok, no particular problems.
Therefore I consider my stay as a good one.

Room Tip: Select a club room, they are nice in size and quality
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear GPS001,
Thank you for taking time to feedback. Your feedback are appreciated and we will continue to strive to provide all guests the best possible experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again
Hat Yai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice hotel and goodish rate for weekend stay. The staff are very good, and able to communicate well. I particularly liked the Manager and Hostesses in the Club Lunge, kudos to them for being so friendly. Although I am not a 'business hotel' lover, I will more than likely chose M Hotel again. One thing surprises me is that the room on the 28th floor still get street noise, particularly service vehicles at night. There is only a small downside and that is the Chinese tourists who use the place, inconsiderate and noisy, sadly that is the case all over Asia now, not just M Hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Geoffeddon,

Thank you for your positive review on your recent stay with us at M Hotel Singapore.

We are glad you enjoyed your accommodation and liked the hotel’s locale and friendly service accorded by our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is no W but decent enough to score a respectable runner-up. Within walking distance to subway and almost to Chinatown. Clean, bed comfortable, and breakfast buffet ok. A 7 Eleven and Mannings drug store nearby which is good. Nothing much nearby except one bar as three hotel is in a new business district downtown.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Adrian C,

We look forward to welcoming you back again
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friend booked a room for me. My experience was totally unexpected. I have read some of the negative reviews and it was totally opposite of my experience. I had a very quick check-in checkout and attended professionally by a guy. He gave me early check-in and also did the check-out by the same person. It was a techy experience using the big tablet at checkin (my first time to see it). As the others mentioned before nothing special about the room, the size is a bit smaller, a bit old but I still had a very comfortable stay and worth the money. Internet should improve and you must bring your own slipper as I didn't see any slipper provided. The most amazing are the staff who will make your stay a pleasant experience during my 4 nights. Frontdesk staff were being helpful to me and approachable all the time although you have to que for sometimes yet still an acceptable and quick. Breakfast is so so... too crowded especially before office hours so you better take your meal early. No complaint and had a very wonderful stay. I will definitely recommend to my mates and friends.

Room Tip: I think you should do an upgrade next time to higher floor, premium club. I was offered to do an upg...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear iamanne0889,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

there are many better places to stay for the price - had to move rooms after the first night due to mold and mildew - the second room was not much better - not worth it at all. they did give access to the lounge for the trouble - which was appreciated and definitely offset some of the costs for breakfast - but unless you have that this hotel is not value for money. beds were not comfortable

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear jim w,

Thank you for taking time to review.

As a valued guest, your feedback is important to us as we continue to strive to provide our guests the best possible experience.

We appreciate your comments as they are of great assistance in highlighting points of concern from our valued guests and regret that we did not fully meet your expectations during your stay.

Please rest assured that corrective measures will be taken to improve our service
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overnight trip to Singapore for a meeting. Arrived evening at hotel, no single bed non smoking room available, the reception upgraded the room. Room is spacious, clean and in good condition. Very quiet room and easy to sleep in the air con room. No outside noises like water pipe sounds,banging doors,noisy cars etc.
Breakfast is good but not extensive.
Service is fine and checkout quick.
Typical Singapore efficiency.
I like the extended swimming pool hours.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ylkk1234,

We are glad your overall stay with us was a positive experience. With regards to your concerns, rest assured we will make necessary revisions where appropriate to better cater to the needs of our valuable guests.

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us and we look forward to having you back again.

Been to M Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!