“Very good for a long-term stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%
Ranked #112 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Montreal, Canada
“Very good for a long-term stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was very happy with my stay here for these main reasons: comfort, service, location, spaciousness, breakfast, privacy, cleanliness, style and quality. I was on a long work project, so this hotel served my needs perfectly by being well set-up, well-run with staff that were approachable, considerate and friendly. Only issues during my 26 night stay: the room wi-fi was slow, and one of the concierge fellows was going to send me on a ten minute cab ride to find some good restaurants; I soon discovered the hotel is very near a nice convenient mall with great selection of food (including a well-stocked supermarket Fair Price) and the delightful TG Pagar Road that had numerous locations for eating out or getting take-away. There are places that are located more in the heart of the action or nearer the various wonderful areas of Singapore, but the M Hotel is so easy to come and go from it was kind of nice to come back there on the edge of it all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear robertshea,

Thank you for taking time to feedback. Your feedbacks are appreciated and we will continue to strive to provide all guests the best possible experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Bought the deal.com.sg package @ $198.00 for 2D1N for my birthday stay on 26th July - 27th July with my girlfriend.

Check In
Arrived at the check in Lobby at 2.30pm and was greeted with a long queue due to the long weekend. Waited around 20 minutes before it was our turn to check in. The staff, Alice handled our check in. I was amazed at the tablet that was in front of us which shows our check in information and we were required to sign the acknowledgement for the check in instead of the usual paper. However Alice informed us that our room (1713) was not ready and required us to wait for a while before doing the check in. We proceeded to sit down at their cafe which was just beside the check in/check out lobby. Things begin to become frustrated after half and hour of wait. There were plenty of other guests who were doing the check in but was immediately given their room. After 45 mins, we begin to ask the counter staff whether our room was ready but it was not. The wait continued for almost 2 hours with some constant checking with various staffs for 2 to 3 times. During one of those checks, Alice was apologetic to me and mentioned that she cannot confirm when our room will be ready, however she told us that the room will confirm be ready before 6pm... I was like... 6PM??!! I mean I have been to many other hotels but none have ever made me waited for so long like seriously 6pm?! Wow! It was not until 4.30pm after many aimless wait that Alice approached me with the room key. It seemed that we were given an upgrade to a suite room(2911) at the top level. Wifi was also not automatically given as we need to request from her again. However she was extremely apologetic for this, which I was thinking... alright since we have already waited for so long and she has apologized plus the fact that it was my birthday, I let this incident slide. On another note, I was really comparing the other guests who check in as soon as they walked in compared to us and it made me wonder if it's because we took the package from Deal.com.sg and not from the hotel directly so they decided to put us at the end of the line. Just a thought though.

Room
The room was very spacious with a very big jacuzzi and 2 toilets. Bed is big and comfortable and there is a living room section which separates from the bedroom (you are able to slide the door to separate the bed room and living room). Our view was facing another building which is still constructing and a view of the highway. Curtains can also be automatically controlled with a controller. Very contented with the room.

As it was my birthday, we proceeded to a Korean Restaurant which was in a stretch of terrace shops which was a 15 mins walk from the hotel. The whole stretch was filled with mostly Korean Restaurant and we were spoilt for choice. As it was a weekend, some popular restaurants around that area had long queues however we finally settled for one Korean BBQ Restaurant which had a nice atmosphere and was screening Running Man! I can't remember the name of the restaurant but the food and service was fantastic. After dinner, we proceeded to the nearby shopping centre(100am) to look around as it was a newly developed mall. We grabbed some mobile peripherals and bought an large Ice Lemon Tea from MOS Burger as it was me and my girlfriend's favorite drink. Once we were back at the hotel, we checked out the swimming pool and gym in the hotel. There were also sauna facilities and massage services available as well but it was not available in the evening. The pool and gym was small though, hence we decided not to swim the next day.

We were able to have a late checkout at 4pm so we proceeded to the nearby McDonalds to get some breakfast as we missed our breakfast timing. My lovely girlfriend bought me a cheesecake to celebrate my birthday at the hotel and it was just an awesome feeling! After breakfast and watching some episodes of running man on my tablet, we proceeded to use the jacuzzi. Nice jacuzzi with massage jets i must say. We then proceeded to do the check out around 3.30pm.

All in all, the stay was awesome however this was the first time in my life that I experience extremely late check in (probably due to getting the package on deal.com.sg). The most shocking of all was when Alice mentioned that 'she confirm can let me check in by 6pm' but ultimately upgrading us to a suite which I thank her for that but also made me wonder if the room we were supposed to get was not even ready yet. To be fair on the other hand, the room was great. However if you ask me if I were to even consider staying here for a staycation again, I might not be willing unless it is free.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear chaosaaron,

Thank you for taking time to review and wishing a Happy Belated Birthday.

As a valued guest, your feedback is important to us as we continue to strive to provide our guests the best possible experience.

We appreciate your comments as they are of great assistance in highlighting points of concern from our valued guests and regret that we did not fully meet your expectations during your stay.

Please rest assured that corrective measures will be taken to improve our servic
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We took advantage of the long weekend here in Singapore to have a staycation at M Hotel. The hotel was chosen mainly for it's close proximity to the nearby attractions and also for it's value.

Check in
Check in was generally smooth and we were given the keys to our room promptly. I did feel that the receptionist could have been more warm and welcoming. I understand that this is a business hotel but given that it was the weekend with many other families coming in for a staycation, I felt that the reception given was rather cold and business like. Another issue I had was that I booked a room that came with breakfast but the receptionist told me that there was not. I later phoned the reception again to confirm and they told me that there was. Hopefully such mistakes could be looked into because I was confused for a moment.

Room
I was given a free upgrade to a club level room but without access to the club lounge. The room was cosy and generally clean save for a piece of tissue paper which was found near the desk. I think housekeeping has to make a note of this because it may throw guests off. You are also provided with coffee and tea making facilities and basic toiletries to make your stay more comfortable. Free wifi was a plus. Our room was facing the city and you could request for a room which faces the harbor if you desire.

Amenities
The pool area was very nice and we took the opportunity to have some fun with our 1 year old son. There is also a gym and a spa located on the same floor as well.

Because the hotel is located in the business district, do take note that most restaurants/eateries/cafes are closed during the weekend. There is a 24 hour macdonalds nearby if you need to grab a bite and a 7 eleven as well.

Breakfast
Buffet breakfast was served at the lobby at Cafe 2000. There is a decent spread of local food, the must have egg/omelette station. Service at the restaurant was prompt and our plates were cleared on a regular basis.

Location
As mentioned earlier, the hotel was chosen for it's location to nearby local attractions. You can take a 5 minutes bus/taxi ride to chinatown or boat quay. The hotel is also a 5-7 minutes walk from tanjong pagar mrt station so various modes of transport is within easy reach. Also because it was the weekend, the area was mostly quiet so despite it being in the central business district, the feel we got was rather relaxing

Conclusion
M Hotel was good value for money in my opinion and an alternative to the hotels in the marina orchard area which may be more popular but more expensive. It's a short travelling distance to local attractions such as chinatown and marina bay. I think the hotel can definitely improve on it's hospitality and housekeeping to really make it more competitive.

Room Tip: Request for a room with a harbor view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear momo8702,

We are glad your overall stay with us was a positive experience. With regards to your concerns, rest assured we will make necessary revisions where appropriate to better cater to the needs of our valuable guests.

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us and we look forward to having you back again.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed in this hotel once due to business trip in May14 and was a pleasant surprise.
Hotel outlook and decor is average, check-in is quick, service is OK.
The room is surprisinly good. It looks new, clean and neat and designed in a way suitable for business travlers. The lighting is excellent - you can make it extremely light or dim as normal hotel.
Breakfast was good with many choices.

With this price tag I think it deserves 4 to 4.5 points. Will stay in M hotel again next time as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Form1a,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed here for four days and found it to be of great value, especially since I got a good discount via Expedia. The place is clean, and the room is decent, though a little small. But then I was alone, and it sufficed. The location was good, being not far from Chinatown. Subway station was less than 5 mins walk away. Plenty of food nearby. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed July 2014
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear CoconutHustle,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights with my wife. The hotel has a good location. It is very close business district and not too far away from Singapore attractrions (like Sentosa, Orchard Rd, zoo etc.) Personnel was very helpful about everything. The only bad part is there is no cheese in the breakfast. As a cheese addict, it was so strange for me. But generally the hotel is good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear gokhan h,

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Centrally located in the CBD the hotel is the ideal place to stay during your stay for business requirements. The office transfers have been very thoughtfully planned to help the office goers. The rooms are large and well furnished to meet your needs. While the card access in the lifts provide additional security to access your floors, a proximity sensor type will be more user friendly as more often than less you have bags in your hands and it is an hassle. The shower cubicles are suprisingly smaller than usual and the only negative I saw especially if you have a larger frame.

Room Tip: International travellers have an option to settle bills using their local currency via their cards.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Ranjit K,

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Been to M Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!