“A classy hotel with a familiar family feel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Millennium Saver 25
Ranked #100 of 291 hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“A classy hotel with a familiar family feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and familiar the overall feel was, sort of like visiting a relatives home.

The lighting and decor of the reception area gave it a warm comfortable glow while the hotel rooms were truly astounding! It really felt like a home away from home! Their colour scheme with the use of a large mirror, awesome lounger (leather covered cushy lean-back chair) and spacious room space really allowed one to move and stretch out and breathe.

The bathroom also had large mirrors on three surfaces for that feeling of a big spacious area even with both a shower and a bathtub installed. The non-slip tiles used had a huge positive effect on my comfort level.

The staff again added onto the whole family feel. Ever helpful ready with a smile, they didn't have the polish and tight perfectness but that actually made it more comfortable as they felt more sincere. I even had the pleasure of an afternoon chat with their General Manager, Cecilia Lim, who was amazingly down-to-earth and engaged with all matters big and small of the hotel.

In summary, the M hotel isn't the most polished and perfect hotel, but it is the most comfortable, relaxing and wholesome one that I've been to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea, the other side just sees office buildings.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

631 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
St. Ives, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Having been staying at the M hotel on a regular basis over the last 3 years, probably more than 30 nights per year on average.

The M is well positioned to many corporate buildings in Anson road.

The staff are friendly and the club lounge works well for business travellers.

Rooms are functional, excellent gym and pool are also well equipped.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Have been staying in this hotel for few times already. This is a great hotel - enjoyable and comfy. The room is spacious and clean. I had room over looking the harbor. The staffs are friendly and attentive. Check-in and check-out has been a breeze. This time I had the opportunity to order rooms service. The service is fast and good tasty menu.

The hotel close to Vivo City (10mins taxi ride). One of the biggest mall in Singapore. Just next to Sentosa.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Was given a free upgrade to Club for the staycation that we plan. Hotel service was good and they were even going to help us to keep the cake that was meant for a surprise. Beds were very comfortable and it's located right in the heart of the city.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Booked a Suite with M Hotel to celebrate my wife’s birthday. A few days earlier I had sent an email to M Hotel requesting the housekeeping team to change the bed sheets on the morning of our arrival day because my wife and I have very sensitive nose, and are allergic to dusts. Usually housekeeping will clean the room when a guest checked out. However if nobody book the same room for the next following days, some hotels will not clean the room again for the in-coming guest and the bed sheets might get quite dusty.

The next day, Evelyn Lee from Housekeeping replied and assured me that she has arranged for carpet shampoo for my room on 2 July 2014 and Housekeeping will do a thorough clean up for the room on 3 July 2014, and they will also change the bed sheets again on my arrival day. I was impressed by her reply and told my wife that we have made a right choice by selecting M Hotel to celebrate her birthday.

Unfortunately on the actual day it was a disaster.

We arrived at approximately 4pm and upon arrival my wife approached the concierge (?) who was stationed beside the main check-in/out counter and asked him if there is a separate counter for Club/Suite guests but he told her to queue at the main counter which by then was quite crowded. So what happened to the “Private check-in and check-out at M Club Lounge” for Club/Suite guests?

After queuing for about 15mins, we were served by a young man who told us that our room is not ready and we have to wait for at least another 20 mins for some "last minute touch up.” What? I thought our room has been thorough clean up on 3 July 2014, and the bed sheets changed on my arrival day as assured by Evelyn Lee from her email reply? So why wasn't the room ready and it was already 4.20pm? What if we had arrived at 2pm instead?

Half way through the check-in process he told us that he is unable to check us in and advise us to wait at the Club Lounge at 28th floor, and we were supposed to check in there in the first place. I don’t understand. After going through our personal particulars, checking through his computer thus knowing that we have booked a Suite, and signing the confirmation form, etc, you are telling me that you couldn’t check us in? Couldn’t he informed us straight away that we were supposed to proceed to the Club Lounge for our check-in right from the beginning when he knows that we are Club/Suite guests?

“Maybe they know it is my birthday today and they are doing some last minute decoration of the room” said my wife who sensed that I was getting really frustrated about the whole situation. He might have sensed it too and offered us a complementary late check out at 3pm the next day. We were next been escorted to the Club Lounge and at about 5pm we finally got our room’s key, and it was only given to us after we approached the staff at the Lounge twice to check if our room was ready.

Although the Suite comes with a jacuzzi I was not in the mood to enjoy it. By the way there wasn’t any birthday decorations in the room, no birthday card/message, birthday greeting. Nothing! (So we were wondering what were the last minute touch up???)

The next morning we no longer expect anything positive from this Hotel and we can’t wait to check out immediately after our breakfast but luckily we met Mr Ricky.

We went to the Club Lounge for breakfast at about 7am and he was the only person stationed there, and at that point of time I didn’t know he is the Club Manager. I was commenting to my wife how could the Management assigned only a staff at the Lounge to serve all the Club guests?

When my wife asked for some scrambled eggs and egg omelette, Mr Ricky immediately made them for her although a Chef was already on the way. He could have told my wife to wait for the Chef who arrived a few minutes later, but instead he personally made the eggs and they were absolutely delicious!

I was really impressed by his service and asked one of the staff about him and she told me he is the Club Manager.

Before going back to my room, I saw him at the Lounge's counter and we had a chat about my experience during check-in and we both agreed that there should be a separate counter for Club/Suite guests or some form of notices to direct them to the Club Lounge like most hotels do. I had another chat with him when we checked out and I must say he is one of the friendliest people I’ve met. If not for him I will not recommend M Hotel to my friends and colleagues.

Looking forward to enjoy your scrambled eggs again Mr Ricky!

Room Tip: Worth to pay for Club/Suite rooms. Breakfast is delicious and the Suite comes with a Jacuzzi!
Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was quite content staying at this hotel, in fact, have had stayed there twice in the last one year. Breakfast was amazing, and the room was great as well. The only thing that I found missing was a salon and spa facilities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The managers at the M hotel went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable during my 3 week trip to Asia for business. I was traveling in my 3rd trimester and they were kind enough to find a different mattress for my room so that I could sleep better. I can't say enough kind words.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to M Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!