“Excellent Facilities and Spa, Large rooms, Average Desk Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%
Ranked #108 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore
“Excellent Facilities and Spa, Large rooms, Average Desk Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for a week, for a conference in May. The rooms were large, and quiet. The pool, spa and gym facilities were excellent (for a business hotel, they were some of the best I've seen).

If it wasn't for the spa/pool facilities, I would have given a 3.

Check-in process was a little slow, and what surprised me was the concierge staff - they were pretty average, truth be told and I was a little put-out by that, especially as the restaurant & bar staff were excellent.

Food was expensive but good. Big variety for breakfast, though it could get very busy during peak times. I generally preferred to sit outside, and avoid the crush.

Convenient location, very easy to get taxis from out the front and walking distance to the food market.

I would stay here again for business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Millennium C, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear juicyblue,

Thank you for the good review, we are happy to hear that our hotel facilities and location have exceeded your expectations. We have also taken note of the areas which need to be improved upon and we will review them accordingly. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a follow up review to my previous one. I have stayed at the hotel for six week blocks over the past 12 months. Trust me, with those sort of stays you start to notice the little things about a hotel that are annoying. I can honestly say that I didn't find anything annoying about the club rooms I stayed in - in fact quite the opposite. I experienced the highest levels of service and this was consistent over the whole of my stays. The staff are wonderful and the facilities great. The only thing I would change is the size of the shower which because it's corner is a bit smaller than I would like but it's a minor issue.

The little things are important when you are staying for an extended period and the staff went our their way to make me feel at home and look after me.

The hotel is well located with some great eateries right next door (a brilliant 24 hour prata shop and a fabulous Italian restaurant in the ICON Village). Also the Tanjong Pagar MRT station is only a few minutes away so getting round Singapore is a doddle.

If I am back in Singapore and get to choose my hotel it will be the M Hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sahaScotland,
Y
our glowing review made our day! Thank you for your kind compliments and good faith in the M Hotel Singapore. It is heartening to know that you would be staying with us again. We will continue to strive for higher hospitality achievements to better satisfy our valued guests. We look forward to welcoming you back and being at your service again.
Hong Kong
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We checked in to this hotel on the day of the Singapore National Day Holiday which was 9 Aug 2013. We arrived at around 2pm as which was the standard check in time and the lobby was like a zoo. There was no system at all and the staff members were not too efficient and it took quite a while before I can talk to the front desk receptionist. Unfortunately, what I was told after they swipped my credit card was, "Sorry Mr. Pao, your room is not ready yet and we will try to get it within an hour". Based on what I saw that day, there were quite a number of guests who checked out their room after 2pm (which should be considered as late check-out), my argumnet was if you knew that the hotel was fully booked, why did you still allow the guests to do a late check-out. After waiting and waiting for almost an hour, nobody every came to tell me when my room will be ready. I have to check it myself by fitting against another tens of people waiting for their rooms as well. What kind of service is that! Also there were enough seats in the check-in area so people has to sit at the coffee shop next by and some of the guests had down to no choice by sitting on the side of the coffec shop who were then being told they can't sit there. On top of that, the room had a smell when we walked into the door and we tried to ask the hotel if they can changed it for us. In return, we got a blunt response by one of their so called service center agent, "we are full house today, I then asked her to try her best and has her to call me back but nobody ever got back to me".

The worst was the breakfast, we booked our room under the rate with breakfast. We went down to the Cafe2000 at around 9am and the place was packed. There wasn't enough staff to servce the customers and there was NO order at all. We were waiting on the queue to be seated and next thing we saw was some people just walked straight in and took whatever was available. The restaurant staff didn't even check people's room number so even a stranger NOT staying at the hotel can just walked in to the restaurant to take breakfast. The hygenie in the restaruant also not good as we found most of the glasses (for the juice) have stain on it which was quite digusting. Finally, my wife and I decided to leave and take our kids to the McDonalds nearby. You can imagine how bad it was as we decided to go to MacDonalds instead of taking a buffet breakfast at the hotel and actually the food at MacDonalds was not bad at all.

Because of all of the above, I decided to cut short of my stay. Instead of staying for three nights, we only stayed there for a night. We checked out immeditately after we had our MacDonalds breakfast. M Hotel claimed themselves to be a 4-Star hotel but I think it is even margianlly for a 3 Star.

Will NEVER NEVER stay at this hotel and its chain again and will not recommend anyone to choice this hotel and its chain.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Millennium C, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear HKJP007,

We regret that your stay with us was unsatisfactory and we sincerely apologise for areas which we have fallen short. We seek your kind understanding that due to high occupancy, we could not have accorded your room type any sooner.

We have taken note on your feedback regarding the service and breakfast and rest assured we will review them accordingly. We hope to restore your faith in us, please write in to us so we may address this with you personally.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Near to MRT & very quiet during holiday.
We checked in a day before Singapore national day & surprisingly the surrounding around hotel is quiet compared to other tourist spot e.g. Sentosa island this would be a great place for rest after a long day queuing & having fun...

• Stayed August 2013
Dear soksim,

Thank you for your review and recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back and being of service to you again.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed at the M a couple of times as part of my corporate stay and find the overall hotel pretty average. The rooms are functional and nothing extraordinary. The service is quite poor though and staff attitude is anything but welcoming. Everyone seems to find a reason to say no. The breakfast option in the morning is also extremely average with very limited options and a fairly crowded restaurant. Location is also in a place where you will have nothing to do if you happen to be there with time to spare. Overall, an avoidable hotel unless you have a pressing need to stay in that location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear RBhowmik,

We have taken note of your feedback and we apologise for the lapse in service delivery. Rest assured this is not the usual service standard and we will review and make improvements accordingly. We hope to restore your faith in us and we wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I checked in at M Hotel as a part of my corporate stay and from that point onwards my woes began. My card didn't work in their machine so they told me to arrange for at least a day's payment in advance otherwise I wont be allowed to check-in. I walked to the nearest ATM to withdraw money and when I came back to make the payment I was told that the pay would hold good only for one day and the next day I'll have to pay again. This infuriated me as I was told to make a day's payment in advance to ensure a booking. After a lot of to and fro they after I told them that being a weekend my office was closed and they would process the payment on Monday.
Also when I entered the hotel I was told that I would be given a complimentary welcome drink which they promptly denied after my check-in was done on the pretext that the drink was only offered earlier as I had to wait for the check-in ( didn't I wait and later walked to the nearest ATM to withdraw cash for check-in ? that too after a long flight).
To top it all I had to carry my luggage from the reception all the way to my room (again a first of its kind which I've never experienced anywhere in the world). Overall the hotel is only good for its location and nothing else. I guess you'll get a better reception and courtesy even in a small guest house as compared to M Hotel

• Stayed August 2013
Dear subkilmer,

We sincerely apologise for the lapse in service delivery during your check-in. Please allow us to investigate and address this with you personally. We would appreciate if you could write to us to facilitate our communication so as to restore your faith in us. Thank you.
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We booked a Superior room via Agoda, and via email, I was told by M Hotel management staff that booking through a 3rd party website doesn't entitle me to the perks of a Gold-tier member. However, I was given the choice to choose either a early check in or a late check out (we chose the latter), on top of a room upgrade.

On the day of checking in, we were served by Nadia, who gave us the first taste of our wonderful getaway. We went at close to 12pm, still hoping to try our at an early check-in, and she let us check in without any questions. She also kept the hotel's promise of letting us check out later than usual at 2pm. That was not all. Being a Gold-tier member, we were supposedly allowed to check out at 4pm, but Nadia explained that she couldn't do that due to the high volume of guests the hotel is expecting over the two back-to-back public holidays in Singapore (followed by the weekend), and as a result of that, she upgraded our rooms by 2 grades, to a Club Deluxe room located at level 28, second highest level of the building. Thereafter, the perks of staying in a Club room came flowing to us - complimentary wifi (3 login accounts as we have 3 devices), complimentary breakfast a the club lounge at level 28, complimentary cocktail from 6pm to 8pm at the club lounge and private check out.

The club deluxe room was considerably big, with a working desk and a large TV, which I hook up my mac mini to. The bathroom is of OK size, and comes with a bathtub and a separate shower.

On the afternoon of our check out, the room's phone rang at close to 2pm (check out time). We thought it was the usual check out reminder that most hotels have. But to our surprise, it was a call from an Assistant Manager, Rasyidah, tell us she wanted to meet us at the reception area at level 28. When we went out, she was there to help us check out! Excellent service.

Great, great hotel. Superb service.

Will come again! If not this hotel, then definitely other MNC group's hotels!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alex_GCS,

Thank you for the glowing review and five star rating. We are humbled by your kind compliments and it is most delightful to know your splendid stay was further enhanced by both Nadia and Rayidah’s affable service. We will continue to upkeep the high hospitality standards of the M Hotel Singapore and we look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Been to M Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!