“Near to MRT & quiet during holiday.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Anson Road, Singapore 079908, Singapore   |
Announcement
Early Bird 20% OFF
Ranked #118 of 301 Hotels in Singapore
“Near to MRT & quiet during holiday.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Near to MRT & very quiet during holiday.
We checked in a day before Singapore national day & surprisingly the surrounding around hotel is quiet compared to other tourist spot e.g. Sentosa island this would be a great place for rest after a long day queuing & having fun...

• Stayed August 2013
Millennium C, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear soksim,

Thank you for your review and recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back and being of service to you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed at the M a couple of times as part of my corporate stay and find the overall hotel pretty average. The rooms are functional and nothing extraordinary. The service is quite poor though and staff attitude is anything but welcoming. Everyone seems to find a reason to say no. The breakfast option in the morning is also extremely average with very limited options and a fairly crowded restaurant. Location is also in a place where you will have nothing to do if you happen to be there with time to spare. Overall, an avoidable hotel unless you have a pressing need to stay in that location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear RBhowmik,

We have taken note of your feedback and we apologise for the lapse in service delivery. Rest assured this is not the usual service standard and we will review and make improvements accordingly. We hope to restore your faith in us and we wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I checked in at M Hotel as a part of my corporate stay and from that point onwards my woes began. My card didn't work in their machine so they told me to arrange for at least a day's payment in advance otherwise I wont be allowed to check-in. I walked to the nearest ATM to withdraw money and when I came back to make the payment I was told that the pay would hold good only for one day and the next day I'll have to pay again. This infuriated me as I was told to make a day's payment in advance to ensure a booking. After a lot of to and fro they after I told them that being a weekend my office was closed and they would process the payment on Monday.
Also when I entered the hotel I was told that I would be given a complimentary welcome drink which they promptly denied after my check-in was done on the pretext that the drink was only offered earlier as I had to wait for the check-in ( didn't I wait and later walked to the nearest ATM to withdraw cash for check-in ? that too after a long flight).
To top it all I had to carry my luggage from the reception all the way to my room (again a first of its kind which I've never experienced anywhere in the world). Overall the hotel is only good for its location and nothing else. I guess you'll get a better reception and courtesy even in a small guest house as compared to M Hotel

Dear subkilmer,

We sincerely apologise for the lapse in service delivery during your check-in. Please allow us to investigate and address this with you personally. We would appreciate if you could write to us to facilitate our communication so as to restore your faith in us. Thank you.
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We booked a Superior room via Agoda, and via email, I was told by M Hotel management staff that booking through a 3rd party website doesn't entitle me to the perks of a Gold-tier member. However, I was given the choice to choose either a early check in or a late check out (we chose the latter), on top of a room upgrade.

On the day of checking in, we were served by Nadia, who gave us the first taste of our wonderful getaway. We went at close to 12pm, still hoping to try our at an early check-in, and she let us check in without any questions. She also kept the hotel's promise of letting us check out later than usual at 2pm. That was not all. Being a Gold-tier member, we were supposedly allowed to check out at 4pm, but Nadia explained that she couldn't do that due to the high volume of guests the hotel is expecting over the two back-to-back public holidays in Singapore (followed by the weekend), and as a result of that, she upgraded our rooms by 2 grades, to a Club Deluxe room located at level 28, second highest level of the building. Thereafter, the perks of staying in a Club room came flowing to us - complimentary wifi (3 login accounts as we have 3 devices), complimentary breakfast a the club lounge at level 28, complimentary cocktail from 6pm to 8pm at the club lounge and private check out.

The club deluxe room was considerably big, with a working desk and a large TV, which I hook up my mac mini to. The bathroom is of OK size, and comes with a bathtub and a separate shower.

On the afternoon of our check out, the room's phone rang at close to 2pm (check out time). We thought it was the usual check out reminder that most hotels have. But to our surprise, it was a call from an Assistant Manager, Rasyidah, tell us she wanted to meet us at the reception area at level 28. When we went out, she was there to help us check out! Excellent service.

Great, great hotel. Superb service.

Will come again! If not this hotel, then definitely other MNC group's hotels!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alex_GCS,

Thank you for the glowing review and five star rating. We are humbled by your kind compliments and it is most delightful to know your splendid stay was further enhanced by both Nadia and Rayidah’s affable service. We will continue to upkeep the high hospitality standards of the M Hotel Singapore and we look forward to being of service to you again soon.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed with my family for 3 nights in this hotel. It was quite well-kept (I said 'quite' because there was some black stain at one corner of the bed sheet and a few small tears on the pillow cover and blanket). Besides, the cupboard in my room couldn't have its sliding door closed properly, leaving a gap which would cause the light to be switched on all the time and that disrupted by sleep.

The shower area is a bit too small and the water would leak out from the gap at the sides of the glass door, making the toilet floor wet as well. Similarly, the swimming pool seems much smaller in actual size compared to what was seen on others' photo. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the stay aside from what have been mentioned above.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear BillyFCC,

Thank you for your review. We regret there were some areas which we have fallen short. We have taken note on your feedback and will certainly look into areas for improvements. Nonetheless, it is good to know that these shortcomings did not mar your overall good impression of us. We look forward to welcoming you back and experiencing another fruitful stay.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had asked for the "Ask Alfred" kids concierge to be added to our stay, but the reception staff didn't seem to know what we were referring to even. After that was sorted out, we still didn't receive the package until after several reminders and even then some items were missing.
Not the kind of service standards we were expecting from a hotel of this standing.

The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Bathroom was well-stocked and towels were large and soft. Shower stall was a bit too small for comfort. Pool was very small too. And there was no free Wifi and that was a big minus point for us.

Dear Sharentay,

Thank you for your review. We regret some aspects of your stay were less ideal and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please rest assured we will reinforce training for our staff to better provide for the needs of our valued guests.

Additionally, with regards to your comment on free wifi, you would be pleased to know that our Club and Suite room packages are inclusive of complimentary wifi amongst other exclusive benefits.

Alternatively, do check out our official hotel website periodically for special room offers bundled with free wifi: http://www.millenniumhotels.com.sg/mhotelsingapore/hotel-specials.html

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This would be my fourth stay with M Hotel and I would say they have a proven track record for one of the finest front desk staff that I have encountered. Special mention to Cheryl who checked me in this month for a last minute one-nighter. Checked in during the evening and knowing that I needed only a nights rest with a very early morning check-out, she took initiative and accorded me an upgrade. When requesting for my complimentary parking, Michael the bellman, only asked for my room number and did not delay my time by verifying my full details as he already recognised me around the lobby. He later then got my details on his own as I saw the log sheet in the morning upon check out. Splendid concern and flexibility towards their guests. Thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear PatrickTunney,

Thank you for your excellent review and five star rating. We are heartened to hear of your appreciation towards both Cheryl and Michael’s exemplary service and it is good to know that they have made a positive impression during your stay with us.

We will definitely convey your feedback to them which will go a long way in rewarding their good efforts. We cannot wait to welcome you back for another memorable stay experience at the M Hotel Singapore.

Been to M Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!