“Nice rooms, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Millennium Saver 25
Ranked #101 of 292 hotels in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice rooms, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed with my family for 3 nights in this hotel. It was quite well-kept (I said 'quite' because there was some black stain at one corner of the bed sheet and a few small tears on the pillow cover and blanket). Besides, the cupboard in my room couldn't have its sliding door closed properly, leaving a gap which would cause the light to be switched on all the time and that disrupted by sleep.

The shower area is a bit too small and the water would leak out from the gap at the sides of the glass door, making the toilet floor wet as well. Similarly, the swimming pool seems much smaller in actual size compared to what was seen on others' photo. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the stay aside from what have been mentioned above.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Millennium C, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear BillyFCC,

Thank you for your review. We regret there were some areas which we have fallen short. We have taken note on your feedback and will certainly look into areas for improvements. Nonetheless, it is good to know that these shortcomings did not mar your overall good impression of us. We look forward to welcoming you back and experiencing another fruitful stay.

638 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We had asked for the "Ask Alfred" kids concierge to be added to our stay, but the reception staff didn't seem to know what we were referring to even. After that was sorted out, we still didn't receive the package until after several reminders and even then some items were missing.
Not the kind of service standards we were expecting from a hotel of this standing.

The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Bathroom was well-stocked and towels were large and soft. Shower stall was a bit too small for comfort. Pool was very small too. And there was no free Wifi and that was a big minus point for us.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Sharentay,

Thank you for your review. We regret some aspects of your stay were less ideal and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please rest assured we will reinforce training for our staff to better provide for the needs of our valued guests.

Additionally, with regards to your comment on free wifi, you would be pleased to know that our Club and Suite room packages are inclusive of complimentary wifi amongst other exclusive benefits.

Alternatively, do check out our official hotel website periodically for special room offers bundled with free wifi: http://www.millenniumhotels.com.sg/mhotelsingapore/hotel-specials.html

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This would be my fourth stay with M Hotel and I would say they have a proven track record for one of the finest front desk staff that I have encountered. Special mention to Cheryl who checked me in this month for a last minute one-nighter. Checked in during the evening and knowing that I needed only a nights rest with a very early morning check-out, she took initiative and accorded me an upgrade. When requesting for my complimentary parking, Michael the bellman, only asked for my room number and did not delay my time by verifying my full details as he already recognised me around the lobby. He later then got my details on his own as I saw the log sheet in the morning upon check out. Splendid concern and flexibility towards their guests. Thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear PatrickTunney,

Thank you for your excellent review and five star rating. We are heartened to hear of your appreciation towards both Cheryl and Michael’s exemplary service and it is good to know that they have made a positive impression during your stay with us.

We will definitely convey your feedback to them which will go a long way in rewarding their good efforts. We cannot wait to welcome you back for another memorable stay experience at the M Hotel Singapore.
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel was my home for a week and having stayed in many hotels before, I can't say that this is one hotel that I would willingly come back to. I just really missed home after my stay. It's not a bad hotel but for its price, it isn't a great one. Checking in and checking out took a long time. When my room was booked, they only had twin beds available (I was solo) and I had to make do with that. The walls aren't exactly noise proof so you'll hear it when there's a noisy neighbor in the hallway. No bidet (or maybe Singapore toilets just don't have them). There was no extra latch on the door for security except for the lock on the door knob. Breakfast was alright. The gym was small. Decent TV channels. The location's pretty convenient with the Tanjong Pagar MRT station, a 7-Eleven and McDonald's within walking distance. Not much (affordable) food options at night. The hotel's dinner buffet seems pretty popular though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Millennium C, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear smellyocheese,

Thank you for taking time off to share your feedback with us. We have taken note of the areas where we may have fallen short and endeavour to make improvements accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to experience the difference.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Ok hotel...! Many floors smell of cigarettes despite no smoking floors. Breakfast buffet is tedious after a week and location is smack bang in finance district - so cab drive from anywhere busy after work hours. Rooms are clean and modern but not much storage for long term stay. M-Club deal is ok as it includes laundry and club lounge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Millennium C, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Stephen H,

Thank you for taking time off to share your comments with us. It is pleasing to know that the Club Room benefits and amenities met with your expectations. We have also taken note of your feedback and will look into revisions accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I know if the hotel is in the Business District your are not going to get the best views, but it took 5 rooms before I would accept one and 5 hours!!
I was designated a room on arrival at 1600 hrs and it was immediately changed. I was really looking forward to a shower and a change of clothes before hitting China Town for a bite to eat. I was allocated 1719 and it was AWFUL. I thought the room was nicely decorated but extremely dark. I opened the curtains to find that it was opposite the building of not one but two new tower blocks! I called down and asked to be moved as it was so dreary and the building noise was unacceptable. After 40 minutes nobody had called me back so I went to reception to complain that I wanted to be moved. I was told that the hotel was full and but I could upgrade to a 'sea view' room if I want to pay $30 per night more. I thought I had no option so accepted the room. I went into my new room and was so disappointed as the only difference was a slightly bigger bed. The 'sea view' was of the docks and again there was another tower block being built in between M hotel and the 'sea view'. I refused to pay for the 'upgrade' and called front desk again. They then said they would sort another room and would call me back. 7pm and I did not receive a call so I went down to reception again and stated that I wanted a shower and change of clothes. They then told me I could have another room which was 2103 and I was shown this room (it still had packed bags on the side) but told me I could have it later as the man was having a late check out. I agreed to have a shower in another room and leave my bags there until 2103 was available. I went out to china town, had a walk about and came back at around 21.30 to be told that I could not have 2103 but I was now being given 2010. I was extremely fed up by this time and went to the room which was ok. 30 mins after being in my room the front desk called to check it was ok. I was really tired and disappointed with the whole situation. Would I use this hotel again. No. It was not in the best location, the breakfast buffet was not that great and the pool only had 10 sunbeds!

Dear nannee,

We regret that your stay experience with us was not ideal.

Whilst it is disheartening to know that the port-views in certain rooms were being blocked by the construction of new buildings, there is little we could do with regards to this matter. Moreover, we have also contacted the relevant construction authority to minimize the noise pollution.

We seek your kind understanding that our staff has done their utmost to allocate a room to your satisfaction despite a full-house situation and we apologise if there is a lapse in the service delivery.

We hope this incident not mar the overall hospitality experience you received at the M Hotel Singapore and we wish to restore your faith in us in the near future.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Reading through other comments, and having experienced so far several hotels in Singapore, Shanghai and Hong Kong, I expect a higher customer oriented service standard, especially one that matches the rates and quality of the facilities. It seems sometimes to me that a new hotel has just popped up and put in hands of a under-trained staff. And by undertrained I mean matching customer expectations, very much oriented towards good manners. If you are aware of cultural gap, and don't mind the lack of smile and accept some rudeness, than its ok.

Having said this, overall experience was very good. The hotel was easy to reach, and just five minutes walking from my office.

Check-in process was straight forward, although English skill of reception desk staff seem not great and the person had to check with two colleagues all the time (so 3 for my check-in) - but we made it through. I believe it is low season and lot of new staff is currently being trained? As long as you stick to a script all goes fine, asking something new may disturb. Access to floors with secured I'd card.

Non-smoking deluxe room was convenient and on a high floor, although facing the back of the hotel and the boring harbor, with some annoying machinery noise until late in the evening due to the construction of a new building. King size bed as requested, and a great working desk with many power plugs adapted to international devices. Comfortable bath room, safe, iron, free bottles of water, a/c wasnt noisy, and most important this hotel actually HAS room service!

11th floor gym is good with some basic stuff to keep fit, didn't try the swimming pool or the spa.

Breakfast is on ground floor (not for holiday late bird as they close quite early) with a mix of western and local food, and furthermore lunch and dinner. Keep in mind that kitchen closes 20:00. First floor has a local restaurant which was quite good, with very attentive staff.

Room Tip: Request not to be located in the back of the hotel.