“Good Hotel for Bussiness Not for Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Early Bird 25% OFF
Ranked #120 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Bogor
“Good Hotel for Bussiness Not for Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you wish have a nice holiday, this place isn't you are looking for. But if you wish had business in SIngapore, this is the right Place in Central of SIngapore, Near to MRT to access all Singapore Region. MRT is the fastest transportation mode in Singapore, worth money and time.

The room had so so decoration & amenities. No surprise at all. You will not see any crowd except on breakfast time. Hospitality was average...

The Staff were not so friendly.

Be careful with the mineral waters. You can be charged for the wrong ones. the free mineral waters are placed invisible, near the bed and not easy to access for the first time until you are aware.

the Bigger ones and charged are easy to access. You better ask first.

No toothbrush, you have to order first.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MHotelSing, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Kang_Irwan,

While we are elated that you consider us a “good hotel for business”, we do wish you could say the same for vacation purposes.

The M Hotel is located close to attractions such as the Marina Bay area, Vivo City, Sentosa, Lau Pat Sat, Orchard Road and is easily accessible by buses, trains or taxis.

We regret that you did not experience the usual warm hospitality that the M Hotel offers, rest assure this is not representative of the typical high standard we endeavour. We will take heed of your comment and review accordingly.

Nonetheless, we trust your stay had been fruitful and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Chonburi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A great location to do business and the connectivity to the MRT and other locations (if you can get a taxi) is very good.

Check-in ladies are very attractive, efficient but a bit towards Surly - seems to be the overall demeanor of Singaporeans these days.
The double bed mattress was the absolute best - I'd buy one to replace what I have at home
The$100 charge for a fold away bed for our 2 year old was a bit steep - 2x what I would expect to pay for a child of that age.
Bathrooms size was just OK - reminiscent of HK.
Internet was fast an efficient
The breakfast set up was not that dissimilar to a boarding school dining room of in 60's but the service was fast, with a smile and the quality and the selection on offer was very good.

Singapore over the past 40 years has flourished to be a place where the locals can be very proud. If they fixed the problem with the supply/ availability taxi's for tourist (something to do with a fee drivers are not willing to pay when entering the CBD without a passenger to foot the bill) our stay would have been perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sedang_Farang,

It is pleasing to read your review, particularly that you liked the “great location” of our hotel; the “absolute best” double bed and found the breakfast quality and selection to be “very good”.

However, we are sorry that you found the front desk staff to be abrupt. Please rest assure we will make necessary revisions and offer training where applicable.

With regard to the availability of taxis, we regret that there’s little that we can do about the supply of taxis. However, we would be glad to arrange for a taxi pick-up whenever you require.
Feel free to enquire with our affable Concierge team.

We hope to welcome you back for many beautiful stays at the M Hotel Singapore.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a business trip from November last year.

I spent 5 nights at the M Hotel and was extreemely impressed with the friendlyness of the staff and the levels of customer service.

Great rooms and food and incredibly clean !

Seriously recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Andy S,

We are absolutely delighted to read your incredulous feedback, especially to know that you were “extremely impressed” with the hospitality accorded and that the M Hotel made a lasting impression during your first trip to Singapore.

Thank you very much for your kind recommendations and encouraging words, they are deeply appreciated.

We cannot wait to have you back and being of service to you again.
Basra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Functional and well situated business hotel, however service and food are not up to standard. Gym is small. Pool reasonable. Best for a short occasional stay rather than a regular visit. Singapore has so many other great hotels so consider another option.

Dear JMW27,

While we are glad that you found the M Hotel to be “functional and well situated”, we regret that you did not thought highly of the service and food standard.

Please write to us at enquiry@m-hotel.com and elaborate on areas where we could improve.

We appreciate your review effort nonetheless, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very much a hotel for the business traveller but I was happy with it also as a tourist. The service was generally efficient especially at check in and check out. Rooms were spotlessly clean and spacious but no free wifi as is the case in the whole hotel. I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating had it had free wifi. And the charge was high for this. Breakfast was excellent but it would have been nice if more of the staff had had a smile on their face.
The situation is excellent and you can walk to most places and the metro is also close
On the whole it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear JAVAGREENMONKEY,

It is heartening to know that you are happy with your recent stay at the M Hotel, in particular with the efficient service, well-maintained room, “excellent breakfast” and good location.

We have taken note of your comment on the lack of smiles from staff during breakfast service, rest assure we will review and improve on this accordingly.

We are glad you had a pleasant stay nonetheless and we love to welcome you back for many splendid stays ahead.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

It always frustrates me to see hotels get the basics wrong, especially when they have been mentioned by several reviewers recently and they'd be so easily fixed. I still don't understand why the people that run these places don't seem to be able to see things from the point of view of a guest and rectify accordingly. But I digress.

The M-Hotel looks like an older property that has been given a pretty nice facelift recently and is in a great location if you want to be in the Singapore CBD, which is where my office is located. The first impression from the doorman and check-in were good and the guy who brought up my bags was chatty and just lovely and welcoming. Our room was also spacious and nicely appointed. Apart from one room service experience (which was just ok), we didn't eat at the hotel at all during the week we stayed.

Everything about the stay (my husband came along with my on a business trip) was just fine, but the housekeeping and bathroom experiences were frustrating. As a westerner, I like to use a face cloth (aka 'face towel') and there were none on arrival. We asked to have some delivered and they duly arrived ... and were then taken away and not replaced by housekeeping the next day. So asked for some to be delivered ... and repeat. We ran out of toilet paper and had to ask for more. We ran out of soap and had to ask for more. There was only every one bar of soap and if you needed it to wash your hands it was in the shower and if you needed it for your shower it was at the sink. If they gave you another bar on request, they took the old one away.

The shower was small and very awkward to get in and out of, so it was frustrating realizing you needed the soap and then maneuvering in and out of the shower to get it. The shower also leaked all over the floor and you had to use a handtowel to mop it up each time. The area round the sink was tiny and I had bits and pieces of make-up and product stuck all over the place. There was also the (previously mentioned by another reviewer) problem of one rubbish / garbage bin, which was located in the bathroom - annoying if you made a cup of tea and needed to get rid of the rubbish.. into the bathroom. The bed was also incredibly uncomfortable and lumpy - I didn't sleep well the entire time I was there, even though it was nice and quiet.

We did visit the pool and gym area and this looked very nice and the overall look of the hotel and service was just fine for a mid / high price hotel. We had arranged for WiFi so we could work while there and this was fine, if not a bit annoying that you had to log in again every hour or so. When you're staying more than a few days and just want things to work when you need them, the little things really matter and I think the M-Hotel need to focus on some of those to keep their customers happy. I am not sure that I would choose to return.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I am half way through a two month stay at the M Hotel and so this is a ‘work in progress’ report. My last stay was at a serviced apartment but for cost reasons the company moved me to the M Hotel. The serviced apartment was great but I have to say that the M Hotel is much better for me.

One of the problems with the serviced apartment was that it was stuck in a residential enclave and so enjoying the delights of Singapore meant planning and taxis. The M Hotel is in a great location next to the Tanjong Pagar MRT station and so the whole of Singapore is within easy reach.

I had read some of the previous reviews and was a bit concerned about some aspects of the Hotel. All I can say is that four weeks into my stay I am absolutely delighted my company insisted I move to the hotel. Of course it’s ideal for my work being just a 10 minute walk from the office. I read about how ‘isolated’ it was in other reviews and was worried about being stuck in a dead financial district outside working hours. Actually it’s only a 10 minute walk in various directions to hawker centres, the MRT, shopping and Chinatown.

I’m staying in a clubroom floor so my opinions are based on what you get for this level of accommodation. I’ve read some reviews that talk about unfriendly service but I have never experienced this. The Club floor staff are absolutely wonderful and attentive but so are all the cleaners, the concierge, the reception and the restaurant(s) staff. Most don’t know I’m ‘club’ so I can’t be getting special treatment because of that.

I don’t understand the ‘Ikea’ comments in other reviews. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and I LOVE the huge work desk with all the power points and comfortable chair. I spend a lot of time working in my room and it’s great not to feel cramped or trying to work from a cramped workspace put in as an afterthought.

The club lounge is a delight and I love the attentive service at breakfast before heading to the office or the relaxing drink and snacks as I get back from the office. I’ve also used the 2000 restaurant, J Bar and Hokeido restaurant in the hotel and they were all good too. But although I am in Singapore on business I have many local Singaporean friends and I love the fact that the hotel is so centrally located that I can get to any part of Singapore by MRT or bus so easily. The danger of staying in a quality hotel like this is that you insulate yourself from the real Singapore. But even if you don’t know any locals yourself, the hotel staff are eager to share information on how to get to local or tourist attractions.

Maybe after another month I’ll have a different view but I can’t imagine why. I thought after my previous stay at a serviced apartment that I’d go back there but now I know that my return stay will be at the M Hotel.

No down sides? Well as some previous posts have said, the showers are a bit on the small side. I’d prefer they got rid of the baths and had a large walk in shower. But having said that, I’m no beanpole and the shower isn’t an issue for me. All I know is that after a month I have no negatives to report.

Room Tip: The harbour view rooms are great if you like watching the non-stop activity at the port, the cruise...