“Trend Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Trend Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The M Hotel is very clean, well maintained, and has everything you would expect from a hotel in this price range, although it is just a little out of the way from the attractions..... If you don't mind walking, then this is still no problem, otherwise Taxi prices are more than fair....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
MHotelSing, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Aussietraveler72,

Thank you for sharing your invaluable thoughts with us after your stay at the M Hotel Singapore. We are glad our services and amenities met with your expectations; especially our well-appointed room. Our housekeepers would be delighted to know that you found it to be very well-maintained.

Additionally, we would like to share that our hotel is merely a 5-minute walk away from the Tanjong Pagar MRT station, which provides for easy accessibility to major tourist attractions in Singapore.

With that, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and experiencing another pleasurable stay experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding dinner in a superior room. The hotel is located in one of the business districts of Singapore and not many attractions nearby. 7-Eleven is just around the corner. My verdict:

1. The room was small especially the bathroom! But functionality wise everything checked out. One thing to take note though was that the room was tastefully decorated!
2. Check-in process took slightly long even though it was not that busy at that time.
3. Did not use housekeeping so can't say much about that.
4. The beds were not comfortable. Either the mattress was too hard or the purchasing department didn't get the formula right.
5. WIFI was free!
6. If you're driving, parking is free for guests.

On the overall, the hotel did it's job as a hotel, as far as having a "wow" factor, I did not leave with one.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Teh_Ais,

Thank you for your insightful review. We trust your stay at the M Hotel Singapore had been fruitful. We are glad you like our well-furnished room and tasteful décor and that the amenities accorded were satisfactory.

We do however wish our bed would have been more comfortable for you. As much as we strive to provide the ultimate comfort in every guest’s stay, we regret that bedding can be subjective to personal preferences.

Nonetheless, we hope to welcome you back to experience the M Hotel hospitality again.
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here on business in an upgraded room on 23rd floor.

First impressions were good. Its only 100m from Tanjong Pagar MRT station, which goes (with a short change) straight from the airport on the Green line. I arrived too early at about 8.30am after a night flight, but was able to use the Gym showers to freshen up even then before going into work. A very nice touch.

Rooms were good with views over the Tanjong Pagar port area - what a lot of ships & containers. It will soon be obscured by another skyskraper being built, so be quick if you want to see this. There was a bath and a walk in shower, plus TV and wifi (which was fast, after you negotiate entering logon details every time you use it) in a good sized room. Aircon was great and worked throughout the stay. No real complaints at all. There is even an intelligence test provided for how to turn the light off in the wardrobe, which I managed to pass on Day 3!

Breakfast was for me good but not great. Plenty of tables & self service, but to me not brilliant choice or quality. But it is hard to please everyone in an international hotel. It was convenient.

Though out of the way in location, the close proximity to the MRT makes it very practical to stay at. Like most places in Singapore it seems exceptionally safe, even late at night & only really takes 30 minutes walking to Clarke Quay or Marina Bay if you can stand the heat.

I would recommend if you can get a good deal or if you need to be close into CBD area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear StuartSussex,

Thank you for sharing with us your very insightful feedback. It is good to know that we at the M Hotel Singapore made an outstanding first impression during your recent stay with us; from our ideal locale, thoughtful service, well-maintained room to the sumptuous breakfast.

In addition, we are glad you found the arrangement to freshen up at our gym shower to be highly satisfactory. We believe the meticulous attention to details is essential in creating a memorable stay experience for our guests.

With that, we love to welcome you back to experience the M Hotel hospitality again.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I checked-in on this 4 star hotel on October 20-21 just to have a relaxing weekend. They allowed me to check-in at 11am as I arrived. The room is huge with good bed, LCD TV and bath tub. I was in 26th floor so, the view in my room can see the harbourfront.

Their breakfast has bacon so I am happy with it. However, there is no free wi-fi which is a bit disappointing since I have brought my laptop for me to work but was not able to use it. Overall, I have enjoyed my stay here, since I like the room and the food.

And also, there is a nearby 7-11 shop and McDonalds just a 5-mins walk so, it's a good location.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear vinatraveler,

Thank you for this wonderful review. It is extremely satisfying to hear that you enjoyed a nice, relaxing weekend staycation at the M Hotel Singapore. We are pleased to know you consider our well-appointed room and amenities, ideal locale and hearty breakfast to have met your expectations.

However we regret that you felt disappointed over the lack of free wifi. We would like to share that our Club and Suite room packages include complimentary internet access, breakfast and exclusive Club Lounge benefits amongst others; you may like to consider booking these packages in the future.

We hope to welcome you back for another fulfilling and wondrous staycation soon.
Edinburgh Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Were there early after arriving by ship. Room not ready till 2pm so offered upgrade @ $70.62 including tax. I think was a great deal. Given lovely room straight away on 27th floor where you can breakfast at the floor above but we were recommended to eat in the cafe on the ground floor as there was more choice. Have to say this is one of the best breakfasts for the amount of choice as they cater for everyones tastes. Given free internet access and between 6-8pm on the floor above there were free dinks an nibbles. Having afternoon tea at Raffles the nibbles were all we needed that night. The staff were really nice and I would recommend this hotel although it is near the port which might not suit everyone but it is less than half an hour to the airport..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Eleanorrob,

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We are thrilled to know that you have rated us 5 out of 5 on this Tripadvisor review. It gives us great pleasure to hear of your lovely experience whilst staying with us.

We are heartened that you consider our well-appointed room, warm hospitality and welcoming Club Lounge benefits to be highly satisfactory. Your kind words are motivation to our unending efforts in reinforcing the high level of hospitality standard that is synonymous with the M Hotel Singapore.

With that, we look forward to have you stay back with us for your future visits to Singapore.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at the M Hotel for 3 nights on a business trip. Checked in to my room in the morning (was booked from the night before), which although being on a non-smoking floor, smelt of smoke. At first they offered to just spray it for me, but I finally managed to convince them to move me to another room. There were none available at the time, so I left my bags at reception and went to work for the day while they cleaned up a non-smoking room for me. Upon returning, there was a large line at reception, but I eventually went with a colleague up to the club floor where the floor receptionist was able to check me in and give me a key.

Apart from this minor frustration, the hotel was fine, but nothing spectacular. The rooms were a bit small and not all that well appointed, wireless internet cost extra, and the hotel is a bit out of the way - not all that close to the more popular areas of Singapore, or even to the train.

Having said that, it wasn't an unenjoyable stay. The rooms were clean, the bed was reasonably comfortable, and the staff were generally helpful.

Overall, a decent hotel but I think there's many better options in Singapore for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Joel B,

Thank you for your review effort. We trust your stay had been fruitful.

Whilst we are glad the cleanliness of our room, the bedding and warm hospitality of our staff met with your expectations, we regret there were minor frustrations with the smell of the room and we hope it did not mar an otherwise pleasant stay.

Rest assure that every effort is underway in ensuring our rooms remain well-maintained. With that, we hope to welcome you back soon.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Loved staying at this hotel and the great location. loved the food served at Hokkaido Sushi which is close by place you should check out if your in staying in this area! Its a Japanese restaurant that's open almost every day

I booked my hotel through http://www.mhotelsingapore.com/ to save by booking online. The hotel is just a minutes walk from the MRT Station of Tanjong Pagar which makes it easy to get around the city and get to all the tourist attractions. The staff at the hotel where very helpful and the hotel is clean and well designed. Cheers for a great stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear MattAussie,

Thank you for your fantastic review, we are absolutely delighted to be given a 5 out of 5 Tripadvisor rating!

It is exhilarating to know that you loved your stay at the M Hotel Singapore; hearing that you enjoyed our warm hospitality, ideal locale, delectable food and appreciated the hotel design and cleanliness, is icing on the cake.

We love to welcome you back to delight in another superb stay experience.

Been to M Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!