“I love breakfast..great service from the Manager” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Early Bird 25% OFF
Ranked #122 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore
“I love breakfast..great service from the Manager”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Room: Stayed there in queen size superior room 1126 on a weekend. Room is basic, clean and looks like it has been renovated not long ago. Has a lazy chair overlooking the city.

Facilites: Pool area was just adequate for a decent swim, not much fanfare. gym was small, but had the basic machines.

Breakfast: I'm a very breakfast person. Hungry man is an angry man. I didn't get angry. I was very happy. Manger was very friendly and polite. But no one asked for our 1st round of coffee/tea which i would usually expect of even in any restaurants. WIDE selection of food, asian (fried mee, congee..etc),western(chicken patties, wedges, egg station, chicken sausage, cereals,bread.. etc),small choice of japanese (miso, jap rice). This is so much better than my breakfast I had when I stayed with Studio M few months before.

Service: Friendly and helpful overall, except for the lady who checked us in, maybe you should smile more, because I don't sense your welcome to here.

Parking: complimentary parking. easy to park.

P.s: Wanted to come back again to stay end April but when I couldn't find the movie stay promo I gave a call to the hotel, and they told me it had ended. I just checked today again and the promo is back on again, only to find the room I want is no longer. 1. if it's already ended, why is it still reflected on the website? 2. Why am I able to see in your online system booking today again? Technical Fault? Please know what you are selling before you pass inaccurate information...

Is there is a membership card for supporting the Millennium group? Planning my next at kings.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
M_Management, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Dear MadMichi

Many thanks for your valued feedback and we will address this matter of concern. We hope to see you soon at M Hotel Singapore and Copthorne King’s Hotel, and wish you a good week ahead.

Benedict Ng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I stayed at the M Hotel for the second time in March 2011. (I had recently stayed there on business too in June 2010). My experience this time was excellent, and much better than the first. I was fortunate enough to get a room on the M club floors for a really reasonable rate... and experience the cocktail and canapes evenings / breakfast in the club lounge and was also able to take advantage of the complimentary laundry service offered for these guests on the club floors.
The staff were super attentive - they all seemed to know who I was!! and often I was greeted in the restaurant / reception / evelvators by my name!!!
Staff couldnt of been more friendly - room service was prompt, hot and well worth the money.
The room amenities were very good, the internet was quick and I had no issues with connection. The mini bar fully stocked (although pricey - as with all mini bars!)...
The bathroom was roomy - and with a separate shower and bath - this was idal to flit between the both.
The room was very large and big enough to house all my stuff (us women dont travel light!)... plenty of wardrobe space, cupboard space etc... an iron and haridryer were also provided.
My office is only a two min walk from the hotel, so this is ideally situated for what i needed. other colleague of mine tend to stay more down town - however, I find the M hotel location peaceful and central for where I needed to be.
There is a 7 eleven shop less than a minute walk away which is handy for stocking up on bits and pieces, having said that the hotel do supply complimentary water - which is very handy somewhere as hot as Singapore!
Taxi's are easy to get - and are outside the hotel readily available - and its so cheap to get around the city (expecially coming from the UK where London black cabs cost a fortune!)...
The M hotel is fantastic value for money.

Room Tip: M Hotel is great value for money and recommended!
Dear zr1975,

Many thanks for your review of M Hotel Singapore, we very much appreciate your valued feedback. We hope that you will be able to share your great experience at M Hotel with your colleagues and friends.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to M Hotel!

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Hotel is nice. We stayed at the M Club Level. Bed was very small for two people, but the size of the room was good. The M Lounge is nothing fancy. Breakfast limited to a few choices, however they do have a little egg station where you can order your omelette freshly made. No alcoholic drinks are served. Never had to wait very long for a taxi and every taxi driver was familiar with the hotel. Slippers, Bathrobe, Shampoo etc all provided. Bathroom had a shower and extra tub. We ordered room service at 1.30am and the food came super fast and was delicious (Burger and Fish and Chips).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
M_Management, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, May 15, 2011
Dear Pufflerd

Many thanks for your valued feedback, we strive to improve on our offerings at the M Club for our Guests and value the comments you provided. Please feel free to email us further on comments with regards to the M Club at enquiry@m-hotel.com. Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Myself and my wife stayed at this beautiful hotel, right in the heart of the CBD area in Singapore. As I moved in relatively new to Singapore then, we wanted to stay right in the middle of the CBD (Central Business District), which is close to all the offices.

Room we got was on a higher floor (17th) which overlooked the busy Singapore port. The scenes were amazing esp. when it's about to rain, which happens almost throughout the year in Singapore.

Hotel staff were friendly. Buffet breakfast was amazing. Plenty of continental and local dishes to choose from. For vegetarians there are some vegetarian choices available as well.

There is a taxi stand and Bus stop right opposite to the hotel, making this a well connected place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
M_Hotel_Management, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Dear KiranT,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your kind comments on our hotel facilities, food and staff services. I am pleased to hear both your wife and your good self had enjoyed your stay with us.
Fortunately, Singapore is a remarkably easy place to get used to and I hope both you and your wife have managed to get settled in Singapore.
Meanwhile, if there is anything that we can do for you in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Booked M Hotel through a local travel agent in Jakarta and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel. The room is very spacious, considering Singapore's notoriously small hotel room, with a separate bath tub and shower area so me, my wife and daughter do not have to queue everytime we want to take a bath.

The good: nice room, comfy bed, friendly service, good (not excellent) breakfast, convenient store and MRT station nearby
The bad: location is not great if you want to go on a holiday, need to change trains to go to Orchard Road, but taxis are plenty in the area, NO FREE internet. I would guess that in this age, free internet should be a standard in big hotels such as this one, but no, need to pay Sing$10 for 1 hour connection

There's a good chance that we will stay there again in the future

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
M_Hotel_Management, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Dear LiverpoolFans,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your kind comments. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had thoroughly enjoyed the stay.
Thank you for your feedback relative to our Internet pricing. We are planning to upgrade our Internet service and hope to present our guests with better facilities and cheaper rates of our Internet service.
We look forward to welcoming you again at M Hotel Singapore.
Kind regards
Hamburg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed recently at the M Hotel for several days. Overall not a bad experience aside from a very slow checkout and unauthorized credit card charges weeks after checkout.

The good:
*Spacious rooms
*Less than 10 minutes walking to the next subway (MRT) station, also walkable to Chinatown
*Breakfast selection is strong for Asian food and also offers a few western options
*Waiters in the breakfast area very friendly and helpful

The bad:
*Weeks after checkout there were additional unauthorized charges to my credit card... very annoying and disappointing, will now have to work with my bank to get the money back
*Room looked rather worn
*Mildew stains in the shower
*Room had unreliable WiFi and no proper working desk/chair. Looks more like a 3 start hotel.
*Had to wait 20 minutes for my checkout to start as only 1 counter was open (this was late morning, not during off-peak hours around midnight)
*Pool area was OK, but for some reason closes at night
*Breakfast area is too small for the size of the hotel, there is often a line to get in
*There is only a sliding door between bathroom and the room which does not separate the bathroom well

M Hotel often has special offers on various Internet sites, much cheaper than many 3-start hotels in Singapore. So it may be an option if you want to save money and can live with the downsides - but you should not give them your credit card information during check-in and better pay cash.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Pretty good, the bed was very nice. Location is OK. Not great but not bad. This is good value. I got it on Wotif as Mystery Hotel at a discount. Well worth the money. The view is not great but OK. I upgraded for the executive floor. I recommed the M.

Dear travelalltime,
Thank you sincerely for your kind feedback and we certainly appreciate your kind recommendations to others.
Benedict Ng

Been to M Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!