As many reviewers stated before, the hotel is taking you on a journey to old colonial times. You can feel that history everywhere. If you like that then this is the place to stay in Singapore. We enjoyed our stay in a Courtyard suite and the service offered by the hotel personell and especially the butler.
However, I always would like to point out the following minor issues that do not match a hotel of this price level:
1. The TV and radio receoption of quite some channels were really poor.
2. The hotel information book and the place where it was placed were sticky and had to be cleaned by me.
3. During breakfast I had to ask three times for a second coffee while the Tiffany room and the waiters were not really busy (one of them even had time to play with her mobile rather than serving the guests).
4. When we checked out in the evening, it took 20 minutes until the luggage was carried down to the reception. Then we had to wait another 10 minutes for a taxi although we had asked for it immediately during check out.
Despite of these issues we would certainly come back to feel the old colonial style again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Raffles Hotel is one of Singapore's most graceful landmarks. More legend than hotel, this luxury Singapore hotel celebrates a tradition of unwavering service excellence spanning more than 125 years.Immortalized in the novels of Somerset Maugham and Rudyard Kipling, Raffles Hotel, Singapore’s colonial-styled architecture and lush tropical gardens exude an atmosphere of timeless elegance.Raffles Spa provides pampering relaxation while the boutiques of Raffles Hotel Arcade offer ample opportunities for retail therapy. Raffles Hotel Arcade houses a fine selection of elegant international brands including Tiffany and Co. and Louis Vuitton.Be it business or leisure, the charms of this luxurious Singapore hotel are enticing. 15 restaurants and bars beckon, including the Long Bar - home to the world renowned Singapore Sling; Tiffin Room, which continues the tradition of Afternoon Tea at Raffles and Bar & Billiard Room, well-known for its legend of "The Tiger under the Billiard Table."This luxurious Singapore hotel lies in the heart of the city, in close proximity to the banking and financial districts, Raffles City Convention Centre, Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre (SICEC), as well as leisure attractions including the casino at Marina Bay; the cultural sights of Arab Street and Chinatown and shopping at Raffles City shopping mall and Orchard Road shopping belt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Otel, Expedia, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Raffles Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singapore Raffles Hotel
- Raffles Singapore
- Raffles Hotel Singapore