“The tall Sikh doorman directed me to the high tea. Fun colonial history.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raffles Hotel Singapore

Special Offer
Suite with Credit offer
Ranked #3 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
hadley rille
“The tall Sikh doorman directed me to the high tea. Fun colonial history.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Didn't stay here. But had the high tea buffet. Expensive but worth it! Walked all around the property soaking up the ambience. Memorable. Poked head in long bar, avoided overpriced sing. Sling. Took lots of pics. Drop by on your first trip to Singapore, you will not regret it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pierre J, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

Thank you for writing us a review about visiting the Grande Dame for High Tea. I am glad you enjoyed this British tradition in our heritage setting and hope you will stay with us for more than just tea the next time.

Pierre Jochem,
General Manager Raffles Hotel Singapore & Regional Vice President, Operations, Asia Pacific, Raffles Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Staying at the Raffles is an experience, something to tick off your bucket list. We have just returned from 3 nights stay and we could have stayed forever!!! If you want to stay in some modern box with no character then don't bother staying here. The service we received was second to none.
We had a personality suite (Andre Malraux) which overlooked lots of greenery and the shopping courtyard, but it wasn't noisy at all. In fact it was fun to stand on the 2nd floor balcony and watch the tourists looking at you (Jealous I assume???? heh heh!)
We LOVED the hand written notes from the management (on arrival) and from other staff throughout our stay. We even scored a rose on the bed and complimentary bottle of French champagne (It was our 25th Wedding anniversary)
All the food we had was lovely, Breakfast was fantastic (my favourite was the rasberry muffins) - and if they didn't have what you wanted on the menu or in the buffet
- it appeared out of the blue from somewhere like magic! The staff were more than happy to take your photo for you with your camera. We had room service a couple of times, the white tablecloth was laid before the table was properly laid and the food was not cold when we got to eat it. We ate one night in the Steak house Grill - beautiful, perfectly cooked food. Our 7 year old managed to knock and smash a plate on the floor and we were so embarrased but the staff were wonderful and so attentive. High Tea was amazing - we started with the 3 tiered plate of goodies and sandwiches, then we had champagne and then tea........ (Hot chocolate for child....) then they came round with the scones........jam and cream....... then..... more sandwiches????? more scones????? High tea ended up being our dinner!!!!
We took the time to explore the whole complex and took heaps of photos. It is so serene and beautiful. The Grand staircase was to die for..... hardly used the lift as the stairs were so beautiful!
You are seriously made to feel special at this place from the minute you walk in the door. No, when you alight from the car outside as the doorman opens the car door for you! Check in was a breeze, and you are escorted to your room. Then the butler comes and introduces himself - we were told we didn't put enough demands on him!! Complimentary Singapore Slings closely follow checkin.
When you went out and walked back in through the main doors you were greeted with "Welcome home". They all referred to our 7 year old daughter as "princess".
All the staff were knowledgeable of touristy things and we did ask their opinions on which shopping centers to go to, sights to see.... etc. My husband and daughter spent some time at the pool (swimming in the rain) and found the staff up there delightful.
My husband purchased a tv at an electrical store in Orchard Road and the store delivered it for free to the Raffles, and the concierge kept it safe for us until we checked out - then even wrapped it in "fragile" tape and created a handle for us to lift it with. (NB - and Singapore Airlines managed to get it back to Perth for us unscathed!)
When we checked out at 7.15 am last Saturday the desk staff and doorman all came out to see us off and waved - just lovely!
We would stay at the Raffles again in a heartbeat (though it would be more romantic without a seven year old!!!) The staff truly make this place a special hotel.
Everyone should stay here at least once in their lives.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

Let me thank you for your enthusiastic & very detailed review, I think you have described every aspect of the hotel, from the atmosphere through the venues, the food you have tried and several of our staff.
I am very happy we could make your stay such a special experience and hope you would come back for your next wedding anniversary again.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have been to Singapore many times and always visit the Raffles Hotel. One time, for our wedding anniversary, my husband did try to book a room but being last minute there were no rooms available. Not being in a position to spend so much on a hotel I have not ever stayed there but one day I would dearly love to, just to soak up the atmosphere and the history of this special place. In the meantime, I stroll through the beautifully landscaped gardens, enjoy a meal, always partake of a Singapore Sling, Raffles being the home of this famous drink after all, and browse the stores where I have bought many quality souvenirs. This is definitely a must see stop on your trip to Singapore. A glorious reminder of romantic days gone by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pierre J, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

Thank you for your kind words and for visiting the hotel grounds whenever you are in Singapore. We have various packages available for stays in our suites - maybe one of them would be interesting to you.

We would be very happy to have you and your husband stay with us - a wedding anniversary would be the perfect occasion for a romantic getaway!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Raffles is the best hotel you could stay during your trip to Singapore! It is absolutely fab, with a unique atmosphere of the past times and excellent staff! Great location, comfortable rooms, amazing food - what else do you need?

Hotel is located in the old colonial complex in the middle of central Singapore. It is very close to many of the city's attraction and transportation. From the airport you can take a taxi or even metro if you want (3 SGD).
We have arrived quite late, but our room was ready was us and our butler welcomed us and assisted to our room. It was impressive that he and reception staff could pronounce my surname, really impressive. The most I liked about Raffles' staff that they are extremely professional, but natural at the same time. You could have normal conversation with them and be welcomed by their natural smile. If you don't want to be bothered (I'm that type), they will not even try to do that. Absolutely superb service and I think they should run some courses for other hotels to teach their staff, how to do that properly.
Lobby is piece of art. Classic, colonial, elegant, amazing. I was worrying that I may not have suitable clothes for this hotel, but nobody cared about that. I was the guest and I was treated like one all the time. I have to admit that flowers (mostly orchids) are everywhere there and palm green courtyards looks astonishing.
We stayed two nights in the Courtyard Suite with King Bed. Hm... What to say there. I loved that style, quality and comfort of this room. There was small living room with a mini-bar (well equipped and with reasonable prices), small dining table and sofa for relaxing. Small details like an umbrella (which you need in Singapore) helped us to enjoy our stay. Every day there was fruit plate waiting for us.

Bed was soooo comfortable and I really liked when they prepared that during our dinner and left just a nice stylish card with evening greetings.
In the morning we decided to have our breakfast outside, just on the veranda. First day I've ordered Chinese breakfast and my partner Healthy breakfast. That was just awesome!!! The same second day, absolutely fabulous and worth the price (slightly more than other hotels, but definitely I recommend that). It was so unreal with all palms around and birds singing and trying to get some food.

Bathroom is just a piece of art. Bathtub with the old installations looked so cool. Check out my photos. There was spacious shower and a loooooot of space everywhere. You could actually live there, haha. Luxury toiletries were provided.

On the last day we had to leave early, but collect our luggage in the evening. Concierge desk staff again becomes extremely helpful. I wanted to pay my bill with the Raffles Gift Cards, so it tool a little bit longer. I was glad, that staff could do that when I'm away and then leave all details in the envelope attached to my baggage. Other hotels would ask me to stay there and stare at staff working with my cards, nothing like that happened in Raffles.
Free Internet access is available.

I mentioned earlier, that I did enjoy my stay of only two nights and next time when in Singapore I would try to stay in Raffles again (if I could afford that again). Hotel is totally amazing, spectacular and destinations by itself. Aaaaa, don't forget the cake shop in the ground floor.

Room Tip: Courtyard Suite is amazing, perfect and fab!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

Many thanks for staying with us and posting such a positive feedback on TripAdvisor. We thank you for your appreciation of the hotel and our services and hope to see you at your next trip to Singapore again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We left our previous destination 2 days early just to come to experience raffles on arrival on sat lunchtime we were greeted with the news that there had been a mistake with our booking and they had bumped us off to the fairmont next door. After much negotiation it was agreed that we would have to spend the sat night there then back to raffles for Sunday eve, they arranged a early check in next day. Fairmont was ok but after paying extra to change airfares was not what we wanted, so it was 2 very upset and stroppy people that were checked in the next day but that didn't last long, the staff, grounds, suite we were allocated , service was all amazing. It's hard to stay mad when faced with this, they squeezed us in for champagne brunch on Sunday what is awesome. Raffles even give us a very late checkout on the Monday (21:00) the front desk got to the bottom of our booking cock up (a well know web booking agency fault) they comped the sat night, upgraded our room and the previously mention late check out . A sign of a top hotel is how u deal with a problem. Well done we left happy.
Truely a wonderful hotel all round we were just a bit unlucky!
Special thanks to martina the front desk manger, she saved our trip being wreaked.

A true great hotel of the world.

• Stayed November 2012
Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

First of all, I am very sorry about the trouble you had to go through, it was indeed a very busy day at the hotel. With only 103 suites the Raffles hotel Singapore can quickly fill up and I understand how disappointing it is when you have to change your travel plans because of that.

However, I am also relieved & happy to read that the overall experience was positive and thank you for your objectivity to note both sides of your experience.

Your compliments were shared with Martina, it is always very motivating for the team when they know they could make a guest's stay more pleasant.

I hope we will have the occasion to have you again at the Grande Dame of Singapore.

birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Absolutely amazing, we have now stayed there twice and both times it exceeded our expectations! The breakfast is excellent and we were treated like royalty with our own butler, the sheets were always clean, the girls were left toys on their beds, we were treated to wine, fruits etc. The location is perfect for shoppers and there is a wonderful authentic food hall nearby if you want a taste of the 'real singapore'! Amazing!!

Room Tip: When booking, phone the hotel direct for a good deal
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Pierre J, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

Many thanks for your review, it is a pleasure to hear that you came back to stay with us again. We always strive to make our guests return and are happy when they come with their children so they can also enjoy a historic & rare stay in one of the landmarks of Singapore.

Thank you for choosing us - I truly hope to have you at the next occasion stay again at the hotel.

JAPAN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

For our long weekend in Singapore we had decided to stay one night at the world famous Raffles hotel. The hotel tries to keep it's Colonial Heritage intact. The price was high and so were our expectations. Unfortunately our inbound flight was delayed by 6 hours and we only arrived at 5 a.m. So we did not get the whole experience but we did enjoy our Courtyard Suite which was very roomy, the bed was firm. Our rate included breakfast, which was adequate. In the afternoon we moved over to the Intercontinental which was half price and we felt better suited for our needs.
But it feels good to have stayed at the Raffles once in our lifetime. It just wasn't an experience that makes us return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

I am disappointed to read your not so positive feedback and am sorry to hear that your stay started in a negative way due to a long delay of your flight. It is said to know that after just one night you decided to stay at a different hotel and this for a price reason. Indeed the Raffles Hotel is in the premium category but we strive to make the experience worth with a unique product and personalized service.

For your information, we have several suite packages available that combine the stay with various benefits such as restaurants or spa treatments and these packages have often a very good value.

I would be happy to have you again among our guests - maybe with one of the preferential suite packages.

Pierre Jochem,

Been to Raffles Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!