“Great location, good hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Seasonal Offer - Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 291 hotels in Singapore
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great location, good hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel is centrally located with 2 connecting shopping malls (Raffles shopping mall and citylink mall) which means lots of food and shopping options and is a quick walk to other malls and attractions. Getting around is easy as cabs are lined up whenever you need one. The hotel lobby was undergoing renovation when we stayed there so it wasn't exactly pleasant walking into a covered up lobby. Also the staff at the check in counters looked bored and unwelcoming. Rooms are newly refurbished and well equipped. Beds are comfortable, bathroom is decked up in marble and looks very modern and classy. It was a short and comfortable stay. I wouldn't exactly call it memorable as I've stayed in better hotels in Singapore.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear wanderluster_rs,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your recent stay experience with us.

I have taken note of your comments in regards to the lapse in service at the Front Desk and the inconvenience you had to endure due to the renovation at the lobby. Your inputs have been shared to the department heads in charge for proper action.
Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I appreciate hearing from you and glad that you have shared your experience with us. Feedback from our customers, both good and bad, is valuable as it allows us to make appropriate adjustments as needed

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you and I hope to welcome you back again.

2,283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gander, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Next door to City Hall, the Fairmont Singapore is placed in a good location for vacation or business. Nice view of the bay can been seen from the higher floors. Service was excellent as always and the rooms were modern although slightly dated compared to many other Singapore hotels that have more high tech gadgets such as touch sensors for lighting/blinds/doors/etc.

Plenty of dining and shopping options on the ground/basement floors of the complex as per usual in many hotels in Singapore. It is also centrally placed for travels either to Orchard Rd, Marina Bay, Downtown, etc.

It lives up to the Fairmont name and that's a good thing seems it's brand is based on luxury. Could it do better? Perhaps, but I was satisfied with my stay overall. The only downside was the AC units were a little louder than I would have liked.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear AWhey,

I'm glad that we had the opportunity to have you stay with us. Thank you for the many compliments especially the excellent service, nice view, wide variety of shops and restaurants and the good location. At the same time we note your feedback on the AC units.

Your compliments will only spur us to continue seeking ways to enhance our guests’ experience.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We booked through Booking.com and were given a huge room on the 25th floor of the North Tower. The view was great and the bed was heavenly. Service was excellent. We arrived early in the morning and left our bags with the concierge while we went for a walk. On our return, the room was ready and the bags had already been delivered. The location is very central. There is a shopping mall, great food court and MRT station below the hotel. We had a wonderful experience there - too bad we could only stay for one night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear S R,

I'm delighted that we’re the perfect choice for your holiday!

I greatly appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s huge room, excellent service, great views and the central location with a wide variety of shops and restaurants in the vicinity.

Rest assured that we will continue to seek ways to improve and fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for our guests.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a suite for three (3) nights recently and have been a regular guest over the past couple years. Unfortunately the suite we stayed in had water problems for almost 2 days so we were forced to use a bathroom down the hall. Toilet over-flowing, sink blew-up, etc.etc.. We were told that as it was a "classic" (ie. old) room, a few of classics were due for a tune-up. Major under-statement. For a sound system, there was a CD player (?) that came with a CD that my friend made for the Fairmont in Canada many years ago which I found very funny/strange in this age of smart phones. A few other problems with the room as well. In any case, the whole "classic" wing should re-vamped as the newer wing is usually up to par.

To top it off, I received an e-mail apologizing and offering a special next time I come. I mentioned I was coming back though they offered was worse than any online booking site (plus I would have received been due for an upgrade and breakfast with my affiliate status). Anyway, never heard back after mentioning it.

In any case, hotel service staff as great as always.

Stayed January 2014
La Mirada, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This Fairmont Hotel is located right in the middle of the downtown area of Singapore. It is directly across the street from Raffles Hotel and is directly over a shopping mall and the metro station....thus it is transportation and food court easy and close to a Raffles $29 Singapore Sling.
The rooms are very roomy and contain everything that you would expect from a Fairmont Hotel. The Fairmont Lounge on the 23rd Floor has enough offered that you never have to buy a drink or a meal....something to consider in choosing a room.
The views are wonderful.....You look over Raffles one way and the Marina Sands and the Ferris Wheel the other.
Best of all, the prices are not out of reach.
A top notch hotel experience.

Room Tip: The higher the floor.....the better.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear dlebow,

Our mission is to turn moments into memories for our guests, thus it makes us really happy to know that you had a memorable stay.

Your compliments on the hotel’s wonderful views and the convenient location with a wide variety of shops and restaurants in the area.

Please rest assured that we will continue our pursuit for excellence in service.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Turku
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have had my fair share of 5 star hotels and this one has, by far, the best staff I have experienced so far. Even though I loved both here, some hotels have had more luxurious rooms or better food but none have had a better staff. Throughout the stay every one was very friendly but professional and many employees seemed to remember us only after one day.

Upon arriving, the bell service was the most efficient I have ever seen. We were greeted in a very friendly and courteus manner. Check in was quick, easy and pleasent. We got to our room quickly and have never seens bags arrive as fast to our room as they did here.

Also something that many hotels fails at, breakfast staff, was very good. Breakfast was very good, I would say an average 5 star hotel breakfast.

I also fell sick during the hotel stay and the staff was phenomenal in helping us cope with me being sick. Especially I would like to thank the front desk manager for very kindly helping us.

I was also happy with the hotel decor - even though it was not exceptional. The pool area was very nice and quiet on the 8th floor. Also the pool staff was great.

The staff at this hotel is truely an asset. A tip to the hotel management, keep on to the people you have and do not let them go!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear JAKK1,

Thank you very much for this fantastic review and the great comments on our team members. I will share it with all the departments mentioned. It is a huge encouragement to everyone of us to receive such reviews.

I’m well aware of how lucky I am of having such a great team. They make my life much easier.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

i stayed here twice, 15 nights in total, and can honestly say this is a great hotel overall. it is pricey no doubt, but for what you get, i would recommend it over some of the other (also pricey) hotels in the city.

1. great location. if there is one thing that you are paying for, this is it. with a shopping mall and mrt (subway) right underneath, you have instant access to almost everything you might need.

2. service. everything you would expect from a fairmont you will receive. helpful staff all around from housekeeping to business center to managerial. the only blemish was an unfortunate incident where i was lining up for a cab and the porter had me bypassed for another hotel guest. i reported this to the manager as it was clear that the porter, from hearing my acccent, had presumed that i was not a hotel guest (note: guests have priority in the line). statistical discrimination at work here... which is unacceptable for a 5 star hotel.

3. wifi. fast and free for fairmont president club members (free to sign up). speaking of which, i was never credited airmiles nor qualifying nights towards my membership even though i stayed for 15 nights. i never figured out why.

4. room. a bit of a hit-and-miss. some rooms are larger than others, even in the same category, because of the rounded design of the building. of course, even the smallest rooms would fit two persons fine. while i was there, there were renovations to the lobby and some floors of the hotel (they are upgrading, which is a good thing because the hotel is dated) so if you get a room on a higher floor you are in good hands. some rooms face the marina , others face the city, and a small number face suntec city where a huge construction site blocks your view and offer noise. ask gently at the reception about this, and if you are not happy with your room you should never hesitate to ask for a room change. they are usually quite good at this. by the way, the bathrooms are now upgraded -- brightly lit and the rain shower is fantastic.

5. amenities. i should speak a little about room amenities first. everything you need is there - toiletries, toothbrush/paste, etc. and a great nespresso machine. ring up housekeeping any time to top up anything you might need. my only grip is the tv. it is considered dated, in this class of hotels. other things: great restaurant, cafe (and other those across on the swissotel side), swimming pool, gym, spa, and even tennis courts (all located on level 7 i think). the pool is too small to accommodate the huge number of people in fairmont+swissotel, but get there early and you will be fine.

6. small note: when i first checked in, i found a sharp object on the carpet floor which turned out to be a hook from the curtains. i was shocked. i had it reported to the manager on duty immediately and a personal visit to assure i was ok then followed. i thought housekeeping should have been more careful. if i had a child in that room, it would have been a different scenario. the way the manager handled it was top notch though.

overall, this is one of the few hotels where i received plenty of attention and service when i need them, so that's a huge plus. the training really shows. yes, there were some blemishes e.g. porter incident, sharp object, uncredited airmiles and qualifying nights, but still an enjoyable 15-nights.

Room Tip: high floor, facing the marina
Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear cachecacher,

Thank you for posting such a positive feedback on Tripadvisor. Your compliments on the hotel’s service, facilities and amenities are greatly appreciated.

On the other hand you mention also other issues we need to work on. My apologies for the issue with the porter. We indeed offer preference to our in house guest in the taxi queue and particularly guest going to the airport. Our doorman should have noticed that you were a hotel guest as well. Referring the non credit of the miles if you like to send me a separate email to carlos.monterde@fairmont.com we’ll be delighted to proceed with the credit of the room nights in case it has not been credited already.

Thank you again for your support, your feedback and overall very positive review.

Hotel Manager

Been to Fairmont Singapore? Share your experiences!