“Ok hotel, great breakfast and location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Singapore

You added Fairmont Singapore to your Saves list
Fairmont Singapore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Bras Basah Rd, Singapore 189560, Singapore (Marina Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Seasonal Saver - 15% OFF
Ranked #14 of 301 Hotels in Singapore
Madison, Wisconsin
“Ok hotel, great breakfast and location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel is starting to show its age... not exactly what you would expect from a Fairmont. Lobby is nice and the gengleman who welcomes you is dressed really nicely. I booked a king room but got a double room. The locations in amazing, great walking area, close to shopping centers and good options for dinning. The Buffet breakfast was the espectacular, they pride themselves on conveying organic products and do a fantastic job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FairmontSingapore, Director of Quality at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Your compliments on our lobby, service, breakfast buffet spread and the locality are greatly appreciated. Indeed, the Fairmont Lifestyle Cuisine was designed to meet the culinary and nutrition needs of our valued guests. At the same time, we note your feedback on the hotel conditions and will incorporate it into our future refurbishment plans. Rest assured that we will continue to seek ways to improve and fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for our guests.

We hope to welcome you back Fairmont Singapore!

Director of Quality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (777)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Spent one night on November 7th for work at Fairmont Singapore. There was some conference in the city and the Fairmont was totally booked. However, upon sending an email to their Reservations, I was quickly informed that they did have a room for me as they set aside some rooms for recurring visitors.

As always, its a pleasure to stay at the Fairmont. I stayed at a Deluxe Room and the room as expected was well appointed but a bit old. What sets Fairmont Singapore aside is the service standards. The staffs are possibly some of the best and enthusiastic in the business.

I did meet up with some clients at the Prego Restaurant and the service there was extremely good. The Breakfast at Prego was also fabulous.

Fairmont will continue to be the hotel of choice for Singapore.

Dear Guest,

We take pleasure to know that we’re the hotel of your choice in Singapore!

Our mission is to turn moments into memories for our guests, thus it makes us really happy to know that you had a memorable stay and staff’s service and your experience at Prego. With regards to the room conditions, we will note your feedback and incorporate into future refurbishment plans.

Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I’ve just spent one week at this great hotel. The location is perfect, pretty close to the Marina Shops and minutes by walk to the financial center. Good hotel for business with great internet access and decent amenities. The gym is small and the pool not very comfortable but the spa is nice.

Room Tip: The higher floors are cooler :P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for highlighting the many positive points of your recent stay as well as the feedback on the gym and pool.

We hope to welcome you back again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I can only but recommend that you stay at the Fairmont Singapore, the location, service and the warm welcoming that you will experience will truly surprise you. I have stayed at this Hotel 10 times since 2008, and it is a truly five star property. The Willow Stream SPA merits a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the Hotel and on the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Adriano,

Your regular patronage, recommendation and many kind words are greatly appreciated! Please rest assured that we will continue seeking ways to improve and fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for our guests.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Best location too for...well, everything! Hotel was immaculate and room was spacious and well set out. Did I mention the view? We were overlooking One Fullerton and Marina Bay Sands with their awesome laser show at night. Amazing...I want a Merlion NOW.

The buffet breakfast was the best ever and that is no exageration. I swear the buffet was 50 metres long...and the selection and quality of food was excellent.

Room rates a bit pricey if you are being budget conscience but I guess you would expect that for a 5 star. We were lucky, they offered a free upgrade :-) Friendly helpful staff and the loveliest doorman every day. I really liked their uniforms too.

One complaint. I know minibars are usually expensive but this was ridiculous. Can of coke = $16!!!! Just go downstairs to the ridiculously awesome foodcourt in the mall at the bottom of the hotel and get one for $1.20. Room service was a little shocking too but at least was good quality.

Overall brilliant and will stay there if I visit Singapore again.

Room Tip: I recommend being at least on the 10th floor or above on the side facing Marina Bay and the Merlion!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We take pleasure that you had a memorable stay with us and greatly appreciate your compliment on the hotel’s locality, wonderful view, buffet breakfast and friendly staff. At the same time, your feedback on the minibars and room pricing will be directed to the relevant department for follow-up.

We look forward to welcome you back to Fairmont Singapore!

Shoreview, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I just finished a 6 day stay at the hotel and the service is second to none. As an American I am used to self service executive lounges. Not only was this a full service lounge but all of the employees were so wonderful and made me feel very comfortable even though I was traveling alone. I stayed in the south tower and the room was excellent and had a great view of the harbor. My room had two full size beds that were very comfortable, a full size desk and the bathroom was quite large with a ceiling mounted shower that was absolutely spectaculer! I recieved a free upgrade to the executive level that included free breakfast and happy. The happy hour included, wine, beer drinks and appetizers that easily could be made into a full meal if you're not looking for a 16 oz. steak. I actually ate dinner there 3 nights and was completely satisfied. Please note, that throughout Singapore, alcohol is very expensive. I had a beer at the pool side bar and it was S$14, so this made the free drinks for happy an even better deal. Beers at restaurants throughout singapore range from S$10-S$12 so the hotel upcharge wasn't too bad.

Room Tip: If your staying for 5 or more days make sure to join the Fairmont executive club before you book you...
Dear Steve,

We greatly appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s service, staff, excellent room conditions and great harbour view. It makes us really happy to know that you had a memorable stay.

Pasadena, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I must say I am a little disappointed with this hotel. I was expecting this to be a luxury brand hotel and it isn't. I reserved a king bed and I got a room with double beds. My colleague who was in line after me was able to get a king bed. I overheard people next me checking in and they were upgraded to a better room because what they reserved wasn't available. I got to room and the keys didn't work so had to drag my heavy luggage back down to the lobby. Same person helping me gave me a different room on another floor but still double beds. Walked in to find a balloon on the floor (a single balloon?). Don't know about other rooms but my room is outdated. Hair dryer is still those old units on the wall with barely any power. Last straw was my shower...had to take a lukewarm shower because water never got hot. But the sink got hot. I don't know...I thought Fairmont was a luxury brand hotel. Definitely needs some renovations. Also, when I checked in, they said they are going to charge $900 for deposit on my credit card? never heard that before...glad only staying here two night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FairmontSingapore, Director of Quality at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Ms Liu,

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. The issues you highlighted regarding the keycard, balloon and bathroom are not acceptable and we are investigating them for root causes with a view to prevent such future occurrences. Regarding the room conditions, we are glad to inform that plans are underway for a refurbishment of guestrooms in the near future.

As you have also provided this feedback on our guest satisfaction survey and had been in touch with our Director of Front Office Operations, we will take future discussions or queries offline.