Ive stayed at various Fairmont hotels & by far, Fairmont Singapore has been the best of them all. The service I received was excellent & staff were always very attentive & smiling.
1. Very spacious & modern rooms.
2. Excellent service from staff
3. Well connected restaurants, delis & a supermarket in the basement shopping complex
4. City Hall MRT stop close by.
5. Access to hospitality lounge for guests departing on evening flights. I've certainly not seen this anywhere else on my stays
6. Great location for the Singapore F1 GP. For the Singapore F1 GP, I would recommend booking very early as it gets booked up for the week leading to the F1 weekend. I stayed in room 1527, which had a decent view of one stretch of the track (I had tickets for the event, so having that room didn't mean much to me!) but I would recommend floors 10-20 & rooms 35 onwards for the best views.
1. Singapore is a pricey destination. Consequently, the hotel rates (for all hotels) reflect that.
2. I was charged for a half day rate but that did not extens beyond 7pm. For those departing on late evening flights, I would recommend checking out & using the hospitality lounge instead.
3. Didn't try any of the restaurants at the hotel but would definitely recommend the delis/restaurants in the basement shopping complex.