“All Good Save For One Hitch” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Seasonal Saver - 20% off
Ranked #46 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore
“All Good Save For One Hitch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My recent stay at Swissotel Merchant Court was pleasant. The team members I encountered did their very best to provide their level best in hospitality and service, with the exception of one gentleman.

My booking was for an executive floor room and I was assigned a room on the same floor as the lounge. How convenient! I only managed to drop by the lounge on the evening I arrived though. It was filled with guests and the team members were helpful and non-intrusive. The food laid out on the buffet counter was typical of any club floor lounge, not too filling but yet enticing. After all, there is a reason they call it evening cocktails, not dinner.

Now for the hitch! Wanting to ask for an extended checkout time proofed to be quite a challenge for a male team member. He out rightly refused to accord me the late checkout and when I asked that he at least check, he said bluntly that he knew what the occupancy was the day after. I would rather he take the time to go through the motion of checking and even if the answer was going to be negative, at least there was an attempt to do so. Remember that what the guest does not see would not hurt.

That aside, I did not allow this disservice to mar my stay and I will gladly return again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It was our first family trip with two babies. Eldest one is 2.5 years old, younger one is only 3 months old. The room is considered bigger space compare to other hotel we went before in Singapore. We requested baby cots and the housekeeping sent us fast. Glad that my kids love the baby cot and it was really clean and comfortable.

The location is great. Just cross the road then you can find lots of food in shopping mall. At night, we brought two children to walk along the Singapore River. Stroller friendly is very important to family like us.

The only thing is you can hear clearly people talking while they pass by your room. And of course the TV cabinet is not suitable though the drawer is quite useful.

Room Tip: Request for a quieter room if you are light sleeper.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed there last week during a quick business trip to Singapore. Super fast check in with the usual Singapore efficiency. The room was spacious with a great bathroom. They could remove the bathtub for a shower though.

Bed was comfortable, but the TV was at an angle which cannot be viewed from the bed.... Maybe my room had that quirk.

The breakfast was great with really attentive and a good spread.

Finally....the location is bang on Clarke quay.. MRT next door and the business district a short walk away.. Best of all worlds..

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I arrived at 11:30 pm after an 8 hour flight. The only thing I wanted was to have some food and a good sleep. That didn't happen. By the time I arrived, all restaurants were closed. My only option was room service that had a very limited menu. I ordered chicken satay which is pretty simple to make. It took several follow-up calls, including 2 calls with the manager-on-duty, for my food to arrive almost 45 minutes later! I asked that the food and beverage manager call me the next day to discuss, I never received shall call which shows how much they care about their guests. When I was finally able to go to bed at around 1 am, there was lots of noise from the hallway. You could hear other room's doors opening and closing, people chating. Also, the rooms are pretty small. Sad hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Nagano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is located in the central of Clark Quey.
It is very convenient for sightseeing,dinning,etc.

And this hotel has an exciting outside pool with two slider. My son,5years old,enjoyed it everyday.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Cooee Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Excellent. Staff were the best we encountered in our 2 months away from home. Porters, lobby chech in and out, pool staff, bar staff were all of high standard. The hotel grounds were lovely, tidy and relaxing. Overall feeling of being special.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

After our unpleasant trip to Europe its a heartwarming to be welcome in this nice hotel, we arrive super early, our baby were sleeping, but the staff very helpful by giving us a room that fit our standard and she even gave us a breakfast compliment thats quite helping for us after 12 hours sitting in plane.
This hotel show it age, but still well manage and the facilities quite modern, you dont only find water-heater for tea and coffee, but you get new nespresso machine! You also get a nice dock speaker to turn your iPhone/ iPod, overall its a NICE EXPERIENCE :)

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Swissotel Merchant Court? Share your experiences!