“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Camden South
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

A hotel with old world charm, but modern facilities. Location right near trains, Clark Quay and Boat Quay.Rooms a good size. Signing up to their free loyalty program enables free access to wi fi internet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Christine M,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am delighted to hear that you and your partner had a pleasant stay with us and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back again at Swissôtel Merchant Court in the near future.

Rainer Tenius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Swissotel Merchant Court is one of the best hotels in Singapore in my opinion. Every little detail the hotel has prepared for its guests is absolutely impressive. From the moment I arrived, I could feel the warm welcome everywhere. The hotel offers very fast check-in process and requires little effort to fill in boring documents. Hotel personnel are polite and most of them are capable of giving me advice in English. The bedroom looks contemporary and cozy with little balcony that offers quite a stunning view (please look at my photos). The room greets me with free drinking water and chocolates as well as daily newspaper every day. I also love the fact that the location of the hotel is excellent (see the map I post). It is close to many tourist spots. From the hotel, I can walk to China town to buy great souvenirs as well as strolling along the Singapore River to explore Clarke Quay and its many neighboring quays.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor is 20% more expensive but you will get great river view from your balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear piyawadee11,

Thank you for the kind review on your stay at Swissôtel Merchant Court. I am truly honoured and heartened by your generous compliments. Your commendations will certainly act as an encouragement for my team and I to always improve and serve you better. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Singapore in the near future.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We chose this hotel for a family get-together and it proved ideal for our grandchildren and their parents. Their interconnecting rooms were great and the facilities for the children were impressive. (The hotel had asked in advance for their ages.) My husband and I had a Swiss Advantage room which seemed no different in size and furnishings from a classic room except that we had a nespresso machine and our wi-fi was free. We appreciated the iron and ironing board and we also had a nice view over to the river.
The hotel looks rather dated and we found the reception area rather dreary but the swimming pool was excellent.
When booking our accommodation (which we did direct) we had to make various changes over the months but my emails were always answered promptly and efficiently and all our requirements were met. However at the hotel not all the reception staff seemed totally competent; despite having received written confirmation that a cot would be provided for our grandson we were told on arrival that we could have a cot 'if one was available'. Until a senior manager intervened it was also said to be impossible for us to pay for our family's rooms in advance.
As tourists we thought the hotel was in a perfect location - right next to the MRT station and with numerous restaurants along the quays.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jinty27,

Thank you for the kind review on your recent stay with us at Swissôtel Merchant Court. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us but allow me to apologise for the areas that did not meet with your expectations. My team and I look forward to your return visit soon.

Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great location although a little noisy.
Room was very good and balcony over the canal was lovely. The WiFi was really good with no dropouts ...
Would return to this motel if we head to Singapore again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kim T,

Thank you for choosing kind review. I am pleased to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I are honoured by your support and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

An attractive property in a great location. Staff were very welcoming. Comfortable rooms and spacious bathrooms. No noise from Clarke Quay in the rooms. Lovely pool/poolside area. Great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear JaneW255103,

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court as your preferred accommodation in Singapore. I am truly pleased to note that you and your friends have enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again on your next return soon.

KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

First time staying in a Swissotel. We had a free room upgrade as we booked directly via the hotel website. We were impressed with the upgraded room (free wifi, Nespresso coffee machine, TWG tea bags, toothbrushes, bathrobes etc) and the complimentary chocolates yummy - a nice touch. Room was spacious and very clean. Location is good, next to the MRT station and also within walking distance to Chinatown. Stayed for 2 nights and will return for more.

Room Tip: Book your room directly via the hotel website for the free upgrade. Well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear kykhoo,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Swissôtel Merchant Court on your visit to Singapore. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the convenience of our hotel location, our chocolates, the comfort of our rooms and our Swiss hospitality. My team and I are truly heartened by your support and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Used this hotel for a 2 night stop over on the way to Brisbane. This hotel is clean and roomy, it's big plus is its location. It is right next to Clarke Quay, which is a wonderful place to eat and get transport. The 'hop on hop off' bus is just the other side of the Quay. China town is just around the corner. The airport was about 15 mins in a taxi. We stayed on a B &B package and found the breakfast good quality and plentiful. Downside no wifi but that didn't matter too much as there is a Starbucks just outside with free wifi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda M,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you and your partner had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like take this opportunity to invite you to join as our Swissôtel Circle member, where you will be able to enjoy free Internet access at all Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts worldwide. Membership is complimentary and can be applied on www.circle.swissotel.com. My team and I look forward to welcome you back again at Swissôtel Merchant Court.

Rainer Tenius

Been to Swissotel Merchant Court? Share your experiences!