Me and my parents arrived just before 2pm in the hotel, where we had booked two rooms. First I was asked about our bed preference. I said King size bed for my parents, and for me as well. The reply was, "Sorry, we only have single size bed". Then I told her why she is asking at all?
Then we were told that our rooms are not free yet, only after 5pm Another two guests were checking in next to us, and they told them the same. As I had a meeting at 4 pm, and wanted to shower, change and get fresh, this was not acceptable to me.
So we had been arguing back and forth, and at the end my parents got a room with a King Size bed and I was told to wait for after 4pm. This whole process took at least 45 minutes. A check in at Changi Airport and proceed to gate can be done within less time!
Then we went to my parents room and had been waiting for the luggage. After quite a while I called the reception and asked whether I have to come done and get the luggage myself. After this call a friendly staff brought us the suitcases.
As time elapsed, I had to leave the hotel without changing and showering. When I got back, I could have the room next to my parents - and surprisingly it had a King Size bed. But then the internet was not working, and again I had to call the reception two times. Meanwhile I was really pissed about this hotel.
We had our rooms in the 2nd floor, and the whole night you had noise, as they have been pushing trolleys in the corridor a couple of times.
The tiles in the bathroom had many scratches, and some were even broken. But lets say something positive: The rooms were spacious and the breakfast buffet was good. Nothing to complain about the breakfast.
With breakfast and Internet, the room cost me definitely too much. I think you can find better rooms, with friendlier staff and better location for less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissôtel Merchant Court is situated right in the heart of the city centre, by the banks of the Singapore River and close to Clarke Quay and Chinatown, offering exciting dining and entertainment facilities. The hotel is beside the Clarke Quay MRT (subway). Facilities include a choice of 2 restaurants, 2 bars, the Amrita Spa & Wellness, a resort style swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Otel, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Swissotel Merchant Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore