Stayed for 2 nights at the Swissotel Merchant Court about 1 week ago and overall, a good experience. I stayed in the Swiss Executive Room located on the 10th floor with club lounge access and breakfast.
I tried checking in early at about 1100hrs but got my room at 1230hrs instead. Still, they managed to get me checked-in before the check-in time but had to compromise on my preferred bed configuration. I particularly liked the architecture of the hotel and the fact that it is so conveniently located. Right on clarke quay with all the restaurants, clubs and bars as well as easy access to public transportation. To me, Clarke Quay really is the heart of Singapore's night life so for those who want a taste of Singapore's night life, this would be one of the better hotels in the vicinity.
I was also amazed that one of the reception staff greeted me by name the next morning and that really cemented my overall impression of the hotel. Further, housekeeping did a great job with keeping my room clean and turn-down service was a nice touch. The hotel has also one of the most efficient in-room dining service I've experienced - they always met the promised 20mins delivery time.
There were however two key negatives during my stay:
1. The room I had was particularly small (although nicely updated) and for more than SGD420 per night, I'm not sure if everyone would find it value for money. I guess you're paying for the access to the club lounge and breakfast. But for business travellers, the room would fit most needs and I liked having breakfast in the peace and quiet of the lounge.
2. There was a staff member who chose to interrupt me as I was on the phone in the breakfast lounge. It was not until I raised the fact that I was on the line did he step aside and approach me later instead.
I think the hotel delivers on many areas but for travellers, it all boils down to what you prefer. Singapore offers so many types of hotels for a myriad of travellers. This hotel, in my opinon, would probably appeal more to business travellers due to its location and those seeking to explore Singapore's nightlife with convenient access to public transportation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissôtel Merchant Court is situated right in the heart of the city centre, by the banks of the Singapore River and close to Clarke Quay and Chinatown, offering exciting dining and entertainment facilities. The hotel is beside the Clarke Quay MRT (subway). Facilities include a choice of 2 restaurants, 2 bars, the Amrita Spa & Wellness, a resort style swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Swissotel Merchant Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore