We are a family of 6 so finding places in Singapore that are comfortable for our family is always a bit of a challenge. We booked the family special through the hotel and got a good rate for two connecting rooms with the added bonus of children's amenities like a wii, toys, and a welcome gift. There were definitely many good points to the hotel, but many negatives as well.
First, the positives:
Rooms were a very good size. The second room had two beds that were much larger than a regular twin, so the kids had plenty of space.
Staff were very attentive, especially to the kids which we really appreciated.
Pool area is very nice, has a small children's pool and a waterslide, plus the view out from the pool is Clarke quay, so nice to sit and relax.
Location is superb. Really easy to get around, lots of good places to walk to for meals.
The negative points really changed my opinion of the hotel.
It is so loud. There was no soundproofing on the window in our room. It sounded like we were sleeping on the street. The last night we were there was a Saturday and there must have been a wedding or something going on in the hotel, we could hear the thumping of the music until late into the night. The doors are also quite loud so if we tried to leave the room early in the morning to get a coffee, all the kids woke up. To me, noise like this in an expensive hotel room is a deal breaker.
Rooms are a bit shabby. For as nice as the hotel is, the rooms definitely show quite a bit of wear and tear.
TV was old and had very few channels.
Buffet breakfast was just ok. Not a great selection and the omelet station was very slow and inefficient.
I was disappointed because I really wanted to like this hotel, the space for the kids, the location, etc, but in the end, sleep quality wins out and it was just to noisy for me to recommend it as a good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissôtel Merchant Court is situated right in the heart of the city centre, by the banks of the Singapore River and close to Clarke Quay and Chinatown, offering exciting dining and entertainment facilities. The hotel is beside the Clarke Quay MRT (subway). Facilities include a choice of 2 restaurants, 2 bars, the Amrita Spa & Wellness, a resort style swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Swissotel Merchant Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore