I spent 3 nights at the Stamford arriving on a Sunday afternoon. The reception desk gave me a choice of rooms with or without view, high or low floor which was nice.
Unfortunately upon arriving in my room, there were long black hairs everywhere: in the bathroom, in the bed, on the chair. The hotel apologized and cleaned my room that afternoon.
The room itself is a typical outdated hotel room with wooden furniture, dirty carpet and chairs with some sort of carpet as a seat cover. I was a bit reluctant to sit on the chairs as you know they have been in use for years by all hotel guests and you can just imagine how dirty this is.
The view from my room over the river and the Marina Bay Sands complex was nice, the room has a balcony and therefore some fresh air.
Breakfast is buffet style in a large room where you have to wait in line to get a table. There are more restaurant options in the hotel or around the hotel in the mall downstairs. You can use the swimming pool which is shared with the Fairmont. Pool is nice and not too busy in the mornings, easy accessible by elevator and a short walk.
However I would not recommend this hotel or stay here ever again because of the dirty feel to the hotel room. Hotel standards have evolved in the past years, rooms are clean and modern but this hotel still lives in the eighties or nineties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000sqft Raffles City Convention Centre which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore