To be honest, when I first booked my trip to Singapore I wanted to stay at the Marina Bay Sands hotel because of the pool on top, but it was way too expensive for what I had in mind so I booked the Swissotel Stamford instead. I’m so happy that we changed because I couldn't have picked a better hotel for what we wanted. From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were greeted like celebs. The “Lobby Ambassador” knew our names & personally escorted us up to our rooms bypassing the usual front desk delay when checking in. She did our check-in in our room & gave us a quick tour & rundown. I'm not sure if this is a usual thing in Singapore or if it was late & we looked a bit tired, but it was a great way to end a long day especially after being in a plane for 8 hours and a perfect way to start off on our trip. They always say that first impressions count, & for us, it was exactly right. The hotel looks like any modern hotel. The design, layout, fittings & style is pretty much what you would expect from a 5 star. The beds were comfortable & the rooms were a good size. We are traveling in a family of 4 & selected 2 interconnecting rooms which wasn't too expensive when you compare it.
The hotel is fairly central, has a shopping centre underneath just in case of a rainy day or perfect to try some local cuisine in the all of the food courts. But what did it for me was the service of the staff. Especially Jesa our friendly “Lobby Ambassador”. She was so nice, courteous & professional. I couldn't speak highly enough for her.
If you stay at this hotel, make sure you pay a little extra & select the bay view up high. At night you get a fabulous view of the bay & city. If you like the F1 GP, you have a great view of the track. The hotel restaurants are expensive, but who needs them when you have such a selection of other restaurants so close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000sqft Raffles City Convention Centre which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Reservation Counter, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore