Have stopped over at the Swissotel a couple of time on way between work in Batam and Perth.
I like this hotel, because it is well located - close to Marina Bay, close to Clarke/Boat Quay, Orchard Street. I am also fit and willing to walk to these locations. Taxis are able to get to these locations in minutes. The other two hotels close by (Fairmont and Carlton) are on a par with Swissotel in manner of quality and location. Carlton was quieter when I was there.
Swissotel is a big hotel, as indicated many times in reviews.
Check in is always good - doorman to greet at taxi, fast reception. Rooms are good, comfortable with a great view in all directions. I would prefer a shower instead of the shower in bath, but that is me.
Had room service again this time for dinner and that was fast and efficient.
For the first time, I used the gym (complimentary in the adjoining Fairmont) and the shared pool. The gym was great: - good machines, spacious and well laid out - recommend it very much. The pool was excellent - wonderful after a gym session or a run in Singapore heat.
Also for the first time had breakfast poolside in the Fairmont hotel breakfast area. So much quieter than the very busy Swissotel breakfast area (Kopi Tiam). If you package does not include Swissotel breakfast, might want to consider the pool area for a civilised breakfast.
Late checkout was asked for and given with little to do. Checkout was quick and efficient.
Will try for dinner on Level 70 next time - had a quick look up there this time and it looks great
A good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000sqft Raffles City Convention Centre which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore