The company I work for has a long term corporate contract with the swissotel and I have been visiting the hotel for ten years. All in all it's a nice place but I would probably not use the word 'luxury' in describing it. In the ten years I have been visiting the rooms have not been refurbished. The only change I've noticed is the addition of a more modern tv. Saying that, the rooms remain clean and well maintained. All rooms have tea and coffee in the room and a balcony. And as the lowest floor with rooms is the 8th level you are pretty guaranteed to have a view.
Service is pretty good alround, more efficient than friendly. The pool area is very nice. The gym is fantastic and very well equipped. The spa facilities are fantastic also.
As others have mentioned the hotel is directly linked to a large shopping mall with food courts and shops galore. There is also a 24hr Starbucks and 24hr mc donalds within the complex. It is already directly linked to City Hall MRT station.
The hotel itself has over a thousand rooms so always seems to be bustling. Personally I would prefer somewhere a little more smaller and intimate but if the price was right (and I was getting a refurbished room!) id consider the swissotel again. But I think in fairness it is more four star than five star.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000sqft Raffles City Convention Centre which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.