“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Singapore

Save Saved
You added Mandarin Oriental, Singapore to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Raffles Ave, Marina Square, Singapore 039797, Singapore   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 292 hotels in Singapore
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

If you think Asian hotels have small rooms, then think again.

The Mandarin Oriental has a large modern room complete with amenities that one would expect from a Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Location is perfect and I have the Marina Bay room which is fantastic.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

2,910 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

This is my first stay in Singapore and I chose the Mandarin Oriental as the hotel chain came recommended. Everything about the hotel is absolutely superb!!!!!!!! The rooms are luxiourous and very very clean, the restaurant has to be seen to be believed but above all the service you get is beyond your wildest dreams. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be staying here again on my next visit to Singapore

• Stayed July 2010
Petaling Jaya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Had a fantastic stay at Mandarin Oriental. Stayed there for 2 nights and the whole experience was great. First of all, we got a great deal from our travel agent (room came with breakfast). We arrived at the hotel earlier than check-in time and the front desk staff was courteous enough to inform us that our room will not be ready until later on.

Not a problem as we managed to 'kill' some time by doing some shopping at the Marina Square shopping mall (adjacent to the hotel) - very convenient. And Suntec City is merely a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.

We were given a room with a magnificent view facing the Marina Bay. The view was breath-taking and it's so picturesque! The room was immaculate, a very cozy setting with a big glass facing the bathroom. The toiletries provided were top-notch.

The Axis Bar and Lounge was a good place to have a drink and listening to some good live music. And the buffet breakfast spread at The MELT cafe was amazing. A huge selection of international cuisine as well as Asian. Had lunch at The MELT again (a la carte) and it was good. I ordered a pumpkin soup but need to go up to my room for a while, and they realized it and kept the soup hot for me while I was away! very considerate of them!

Overall, a truly remarkable experience and I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and I will be back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I was in Singapore for 4 days and I have chosen Mandarin Oriental for my stay. (So did some of my colleagues). What a wise choice. The Hotel is excelent in every way. Service is TOP, Restaurants are amazing (yes they are expensive as well) and the rooms are great with every detail been taken care off. I had a room on the 20th floor with views of the Marina and it was fantastic.
As said me and my colleagues tried different restaurants and bars and I would not fault any of them. the steak house is fantastic (having your differ on the bar if no table is available is fine) and the staff are more than helpful and put every effort to make your stay confortable and enjoyable. At the end of the stay we all agreed that the next business travel we have in Singapore the 1st choice would the the Mandarin Oriental

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Everywhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

An absolute marvel of a place. If you ever have the need for a bit of self-indulgence in Singapore then this hotel is a must. With its own Singaporean flair, this hotel does make it easy to forget that hotels are a temporary convenience. The staff are constantly at your service, irrespective of the request. Good food at the hotel restaurants some have a Michelin star. Centrally located in the city including access to a variety of malls and other Singapore delights. A Spa, located at the hotel, for your companion, and an excellent, well-equipped business centre. Well done.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Now I've been to the MOS, I would struggle to settle for anything less in Singapore. Any issues (a broken toilet/ a smoking room) were sorted immediately. The food was out of this world, especially the buffet breakfast at Melt - I've never seen anything like it in my life - everything was so fresh and the variety and quality was amazing. The Axis Bar, although pricey for drinks, was worth it for the magnificent view and service. We also did the High Tea, which was delicious and substantial. The new pool area is perfect - I expected to see a service charge on my bill for the fresh towels, iced water and occasional refreshing snacks, but it was all included. The rooms weren't huge, but had every amenity and the beds were extremely comfortable. The only criticisms I have of the hotel overall are (1) the lifts - two of the six lifts weren't working and the waiting times were too long with no alternatives (we asked about stairs, but they said there weren't any) and (2) the slow service in the lounge area adjacent to the pool.
I look forward to returning to the MOS on a future visit to beautiful Singapore.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

My and my husband stayed at this hotel during our one week trip to Singapore and Bangkok in November 2009. I always carefully select hotels for our trips as I believe proper hotel adds a lot to the whole trip experience. We were impressed by the overall look and more than excellent service. We got upgrade to Premier Harbour View room as this was our 10th wedding anniversary trip. Views were stunning and we would sit in the evening by the window and admire the Singapore skyline. We'd read a lot about famous breakfast in Mandarin Oriental and were not disappointed! Dishes from all around the world, hot and cold, international cuisine - Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Indonesian, European.....you could spend the whole week and still not be able to try everything! This was probably our best culinary experience during our stay. Not mentioning delicious desserts and countless fruits, juices and smoothies! Our room was spacious, tastefully decorated, the bed was really comfortable. We travel a lot but for the first time it happened that when I left a book in the room, I would find it with a beautiful paper bookmark - each day it was different colour and different motto. Such a little thing but so nice! MO should be on "to do" list on each Singapore itinerary.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Singapore? Share your experiences!