Would have given the hotel 5 stars but when we booked the hotel months ago it said in the brochure that if we booked it 60 days in advance we would get a room upgrade.....nothing offered, conned again!!
Been in the room 30 minutes, dying for a shower but no luggage, rang down and they had forgotten them. My wife in the shower and an electrician arrived to change a light bulb, not a good start.
The hotel other than that was fabulous, view from our room of the marina was stunning. Went for a drink in the bar( not sure the name of it) had a drink overlooking the marina. Came back to the bar after a meal and they remembered my name...nice touch.
Room spotless and cleaned everyday
There were a couple of weddings on but they did not impose onto the guests.
When we left they were very helpful in sorting out our airport transfer.
Except for the first hour it was good, just left a bit of a nasty taste in my mouth....they say first impressions count.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded 'Five Star' status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for two consecutive years (2012 and 2013). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues; and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Sands Expo and Convention Center, Suntec City, Millenia Walk and Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and a lounge overlooking spectacular Marina Bay. Mandarin Oriental, Singapore has recently been voted one of "T+L 500 World's Best Hotels 2013" by Travel + Leisure USA and recognised as one of the top 20 hotels in South East Asia in the Conde Nast Traveler 2012 Readers' Choice Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.