All the staff are wonderful and friendly. Always happy to hold a lift open for you, let you through doors first or "watch your step". Always ready with a smile and if they have the time (going up in the lift or at breakfast) ask you about your trip (holiday, special occassion, how many days etc).
We arrived early after getting off a cruise and the bell staff member was ready at the taxi to get our luggage despite how busy it was and when we returned later in the day to check-in properly remembered who we were and let us know our bags were in our room. I wish we knew his name because we were very impressed.
Room was large and I liked the relaxing music/tv channel that was on upon arrival. Shows the extra mile with the tv channel, bit like a screen saver.Bathroom was magnificent and I enjoyed the bath. We only booked a "Deluxe Room" for the one night and were on the 20th floor with a great view of Marina bay. Pretty certain we got an upgrade but not too sure.
The pool was magnificent! Beautiful tiling, cabana was very nice the first day when it was quiet. Could not fault it.
We had buffet breakfast that was delicious. Too much to enjoy it all in only one day. Loved the pancake/waffle station. Plenty of staff to replenish dishes. It was surprising that staff will get you juice refills, only a small thing but it is showing they go the "extra mile".
We didn't go to any of the other F&B outlets.
The hotel is well placed with a shopping centre next door, two MRT's within walking distance and downtown financial & many museums 10-15 min walk away.
If we are there again and wanting to splurge we will stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded 'Five Star' status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for two consecutive years (2012 and 2013). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues; and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Sands Expo and Convention Center, Suntec City, Millenia Walk and Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and a lounge overlooking spectacular Marina Bay. Mandarin Oriental, Singapore has recently been voted one of "T+L 500 World's Best Hotels 2013" by Travel + Leisure USA and recognised as one of the top 20 hotels in South East Asia in the Conde Nast Traveler 2012 Readers' Choice Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.